Group: Basic
Experience: 1706
Glory Points: 1364680
Medals: 5643

RE: [Proposal] CCN - Council of Cambridge Nations

Öhm, Vercingetorix, are you ok?
What the hell are you writing about?
Are you feeling ill? Do you need any help?Noplan
It seems like you had to much work during the last days. Just realx a little bit and don't worry - we all do mad things when we are not ourselfes

"If you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow." (Yes, Minister)

11.02.2010 00:03
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ystradband
Evolved!

Words count: 430,189
Group: World ruler
Experience: 1620987
Glory Points: 4327
Medals: 161

Ugusta
Popcorn
Ubiquity

Titian Wrote:
we all do mad things

Some more than others... Hehe

Ars Regendi Wrote:
W 22 - CS 14 is part of World Cambridge and is located in Far East. The state classified as Emerging nation is considered as aggressive and engaged in marginal trade.
W 22 - CS 14 is a leading and invaluable member of Brave New World, an ambitious alliance.

Brave New World also shows up on the world map. Take a look - I can see member states clearly displayed! Perhaps I just need a long lie down in a darkened room as well...

Evolve!
11.02.2010 00:29
Titian
Benevolently Watching You

Words count: 557,754

ystradband Wrote:

Titian Wrote:
we all do mad things

Some more than others... Hehe

Brave New World also shows up on the world map. Take a look - I can see member states clearly displayed! Perhaps I just need a long lie down in a darkened room as well...

What does your "also" mean?Noplan
I haven't seen anything relevant before your second paragraphSuspect

it seems like you live in the WRONG reality, a darkened room might be a good decision. Remember, if Ingso... ahem, Tsoc says there is nothing like a "Brave New World" (seriously, wha tis it?Noplan) there is no "Brave New World" because the onliest thing that we truely know is that Tsoc is truthSmile

"If you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow." (Yes, Minister)

11.02.2010 00:41
jamesgilfoyle
Winter is Coming

Words count: 29,897
Experience: 68
Glory Points: 40
Medals: 2

Titian Wrote:

ystradband Wrote:

Ars Regendi Wrote:
W 22 - CS 14 is part of World Cambridge and is located in Far East. The state classified as Emerging nation is considered as aggressive and engaged in marginal trade.
W 22 - CS 14 is a leading and invaluable member of Brave New World, an ambitious alliance.

What does your "also" mean?Noplan
I haven't seen anything relevant before your second paragraphSuspect

The "also" would be referring to the fact that your alliance shows up on your state information pages as well as the world map.

Now going back to topic;
Perhaps we should begin to discuss the areas of what would form the CCN constitution or at least its articles of association. Important topics I feel would be;

• Leadership of CCN; Who can stand? How would it be decided?
  • How would a nation become a member; Would there be a treaty? An informal contract? Articles of Association?
  • Voting Rights of members; Would individual nations or regents have votes? Can a vote be revoked by Leadership? Would any nations have a Veto?
  • Defense Rights of members; Would other nations be bound to defend a member nation (provided they are not responsible)?
  • Explusion Policy of members; On what grounds can members be excluded or suspended? How would this be decided?
  • CCN Security Policy; How would the CCN approach conflicts of nations external to the CCN?
  • Referendums on Policy; What would the process be for changing CCN policy? How would nations go about this?
  • Proposals/Motions; What would these look like? Who would be allowed to do them?
  • External Pressures - Ie, Alliances; How would the CCN interact with alliances? What would occur if their is a conflict of interest in the membership of CCN and an alliance?

Perhaps if the CCN is indeed formed a request to the Admins could be made for a Subforum to be created where all the business of the CCN could be conducted. Doubt it would be a closed/private forum open only to the CCN but it would be a good place to house the discussions of the CCN - perhaps it could be an informal rule that nations external to the CCN should not post in there Tongue

“Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I'll sleep more easily by night.”
12.02.2010 16:25
Titian

First of all I wish to congratulate our re-elected World Leader
I am sure, the trust so many have put into him won't be wasted.
However, We - the Leader of the UTTR, the King of Rock'n Troll and of course myself - can not agree with some points of the current World-Leader policy.
During the last meeting of all those great persons, we started a little competition. The aim was to present the biggest bill ever printed. However, this competition is going to kill our global environment, as every tree all over the world is going to be used to produce one extremely large piece of paper to print this bill. In order to prevent the disappearance of our loved forests, the leaders have decided to change their currencies to strawberry-banana-chewing gum, hoping that this will save our environment.
When I... ahem they wanted to start the relevant money reform, they had to notice that this reform was blocked by our glorious world leader.
We hereby ask him politely to allow the reform. If he would not, we would be forced to inform greenpeace Suspect

This post was last modified: 20.02.2010 00:05 by Titian.

19.02.2010 20:21
jamesgilfoyle
Winter is Coming

Words count: 29,897
Experience: 68
Glory Points: 40
Medals: 2

Daaamn - I guess it sucks to be you Noplan Tongue

“Give me honorable enemies rather than ambitious ones, and I'll sleep more easily by night.”
19.02.2010 20:38
Titian

only on mondaysRolleyes

19.02.2010 21:08
ystradband
Evolved!

Words count: 430,189
Group: World ruler
Experience: 1620987
Glory Points: 4327
Medals: 161

Ugusta
Popcorn
Ubiquity

On 10.02.2010, Titian Wrote:
Are you mad? What are you talking about? Why do you mention "Brave New World"? Are we talking about Soma or free sexual relationships forced by law?

On 11.02.2010, Titian Wrote:
Tsoc says there is nothing like a "Brave New World" (seriously, wha tis it?) there is no "Brave New World"

On 19.02.2010, Titian Wrote:
However, We - the Leader of the UTTR, the leader of our glorious Brave New World, the King of Rock'n Troll and of course myself - can not agree with some points of the current World-Leader policy.

Well, that's cleared that up then... Noplan

Evolve!
19.02.2010 23:43
Titian

Suspect
Pardon? What's cleared up?

20.02.2010 00:06
Titian

Greenpeace is informed Cool

21.02.2010 18:58
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [Proposal] Possibility of Disarmament of Nuclear Weapons Liberty Valence 5 1,509 09.02.2010 13:42
Last Post: Youngtimer
  United Nations Kuroda_Itsuki 0 1,082 10.12.2009 18:41
Last Post: Kuroda_Itsuki

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites