Ardar

Words count: 3,985
Group: Basic
Experience: 254
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

(UN)Safety

Hello all,
I have a big problem, that probably will make me restart.
So in my GDR, i have status less that 1% Unemployed, Net income is 3,215 € per month while Living costs is 2,111 € per month. Happiness is always around 70.
As i read somewhere in this forum, if people are happy they commit less crimes in this game. I also read that the best way to bring down Shadow economy and Corruption is via tasks and low taxation would help in Shadow economy.
Because all of this i thought i could reduce expenses with security and also choose task that increase personal freedoms.
With this i turned my country into murderland, in last 20 quarters all safety status increased ( turned very bad ) a lot making this pretty depressive to look.

So what did i wrong to all this happen?
Could i still bring them to healthy levels in near future?

Thx for you help.

25.08.2014 08:53
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

RE: (UN)Safety

Wow, you've done away with the income tax. Happy
Ok, you need to consequently increase PE environment by max. You're environment is decaying. Second, increase PE in health care and PE education and PE Administration (to increase the infrastructure index).
Try to choose the more reasonable of the task options - if you don't agree with any of them, choose to sit them out.
Focus on increasing equality of opportunity and decreasing discrimination and you'll be fine.
Don't worry about your debt; you have room for a larger fiscal deficit.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
25.08.2014 09:21
Ardar

Words count: 3,985
Group: Basic
Experience: 254
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

My environment isn't decaying. It is 2 since maybe 10/12 quarter. I increased continuously the pe environment and choose some ( but no all 9 pro environment option but it remained 2 until now, so i just gave up on it.
I had much larger PE in these 3 areas but as the crimes and corruption started to increase i tried to reduce the budget to reduce corruption ( works in real world and at the same time i reduced taxes ).
Also with such high shadow economy and corruption wouldn't end up wasting the money from budgets?
And about the task option i dont go choosing them in a crazy way ( ok most of the time ).
I read ( in the forum ) the best option to reduce corruption, shadow economy and unemployment. I have already got all the corruption tasks and choose the anti corruption options.
Also how could the 50% capital crimes be explained?
People have money, jobs, freedoms, so they go on killing and stealing like despaired people?

25.08.2014 13:39
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Ardar Wrote:
My environment isn't decaying. It is 2 since maybe 10/12 quarter. I increased continuously the pe environment and choose some ( but no all 9 pro environment option but it remained 2 until now, so i just gave up on it.
I had much larger PE in these 3 areas but as the crimes and corruption started to increase i tried to reduce the budget to reduce corruption ( works in real world and at the same time i reduced taxes ).
Also with such high shadow economy and corruption wouldn't end up wasting the money from budgets?
And about the task option i dont go choosing them in a crazy way ( ok most of the time ).
I read ( in the forum ) the best option to reduce corruption, shadow economy and unemployment. I have already got all the corruption tasks and choose the anti corruption options.
Also how could the 50% capital crimes be explained?
People have money, jobs, freedoms, so they go on killing and stealing like despaired people?

I don't know what options you chose for each specific task, but I can tell you one thing - cutting public spending in Ars Regendi and in the real world DOESN'T stop corruption or shadow economy.
Your civil rights index is kinda low, so that might be a reason for the lower popularity and radical behavior of a portion of the population.
I'd also increase pensions, since they're rather small in my opinion. Your average pensioner has bigger costs than the average employed adult past the living cost point. ANyway, you still have many quarters left to play. You'll be able to change things in the future.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 25.08.2014 14:15 by Helsworth.

25.08.2014 14:10
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How to increase safety without decreasing freedom? pp789 21 4,009 14.01.2014 01:10
Last Post: Rising Phoenix
  Safety Statistics JosephLJ 4 1,592 07.01.2013 15:15
Last Post: Sheep

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites