Commissar
Christian

Words count: 245,807
Group: Basic
Experience: 169
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

15 minutes of fine U.S. television

Former U.S. Governor Jesse Ventura was a guest on CNN's Piers Morgan Show. Ventura and Morgan have a heated debate on wars and the 9/11 attacks. At one point, Ventura asks the audience if they support his views. The applause is a resounding yes.

(This website will not allow me to post videos in the thread anymore.)

"...while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation." (Romans 5:10-11)

This post was last modified: 30.11.2012 09:54 by Commissar.

28.09.2012 01:30
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AntyCrist

Words count: 7,536
Experience: 997
Glory Points: 50
Medals: 3

RE: 15 minutes of fine U.S. television

right or rong we know were he stands: better than all the repoublicans and most of the demacrats

28.09.2012 05:35
TyPin
Unregistered

great peace Wrote:
everyone has seen this. what I don't understand is why you would promote the new testament.

I haven't seen this. Well, I have seen it now.

But let me ask you a question yourself. Why shouldn't he promote the new testament

28.09.2012 05:55
Quote this message in a reply
Barbaron
Unregistered

great peace Wrote:

TyPin Wrote:
Why shouldn't he promote the new testament

because it's mostly jibberish occurences and fictitious miracles

Have you ever read it?

28.09.2012 16:29
TyPin
Unregistered

I read it only partially and I can very well understand your point of view. At least when you interpret it the common way. But I like to think not commonly. I want to illustrate that with the following example: "An eye for an eye".

Now this phrase is most commonly seen as a concept of law. Punishing a criminal by a punishment, that equals the damage he had done. As far as I understand, this principle was an improvement at the time it was introduced. It provided a measure on how to punish a criminal by assessing the damage he had done and punishing him accordingly.

It has but often amused me, that this phrase was never differently interpreted. The phrase for itself could mean: If you take someones eyesight, you should provide your own to him and help him find his way. This way, the punishment would be, to compensate for the damage dealt. I understand, that would be difficult to implement in any society. However, we are talking here about an old book, rewritten over time and time again. If we stick too close to the words, if we keep only main stream interpretation in mind, then we are deluding ourselves.

Now I am a Buddhist. But it never crossed my mind, to take the words in the Pali-Kanon literally. First obstacle to do that is anyway: I don't speak pali Wink

I hold it like that. Let the people advocate, what they want. As long as people keep their minds open to a different point of view, it can only help to widen their horizon.

P.S.: I have to redeem myself for my hateful anti-christianity position in the world Bejing Tongue

28.09.2012 21:35
Commissar
Christian

In the Gospel of Saint Matthew 5:38-48:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

Saint Peter wrote a letter to the Christians scattered all over Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia. Here is part of the message:

"People insulted him, but he did not insult them back. He suffered, but he did not threaten anyone. No, he let God take care of him. God is the one who judges rightly. Christ carried our sins in his body on the cross. He did this so that we would stop living for sin and live for what is right. By his wounds you were healed. You were like sheep that went the wrong way. But now you have come back to the Shepherd and Protector of your lives."

1 Peter 2:23-25

"...while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life! Not only is this so, but we also boast in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation." (Romans 5:10-11)
29.09.2012 01:34
great peace
stop being a bitch

Words count: 5,425
Group: Banned
Experience: 0

Commissar Wrote:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to them the other cheek also. And if anyone wants to sue you and take your shirt, hand over your coat as well. If anyone forces you to go one mile, go with them two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

This is poor advice. I have given money to obviously disabled homeless people. If I gave all my money to the "evil person", I would not be able to give it to anyone else.

Commissar Wrote:
He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

You are not God. If you walk an extra mile with evil, it will simply win.

Commissar Wrote:
And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?

I appreciate your cosmopolitanism, and I suggest you temper it with sense. There are other philosophies in the world.

Commissar Wrote:
He did this so that we would stop living for sin and live for what is right.

Not a good policy.

Commissar Wrote:
By his wounds you were healed. You were like sheep that went the wrong way. But now you have come back to the Shepherd and Protector of your lives."

The Shepard also sometimes eats the sheep.

http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/165653/
Third-world peoples like the U.S. are religious because they are third-world. This is why Germany is becoming less religious and Helsworth/Commissar are becoming more religious.

This post was last modified: 29.09.2012 04:22 by great peace.

29.09.2012 04:20
Commissar
Christian

Quote:
Commissar Wrote:

Great Peace: This is poor advice. I have given money to obviously disabled homeless people. If I gave all my money to the "evil person", I would not be able to give it to anyone else.

People fight violent conflicts over material possessions. Jesus provides wisdom to avoid conflicts. The focus is on sharing and not possessing. Violence comes from evil.

Quote:
Commissar Wrote:
He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

Great Peace: You are not God. If you walk an extra mile with evil, it will simply win.

"win" what?

Quote:
Commissar Wrote:
And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others?

Great Peace: I appreciate your cosmopolitanism, and I suggest you temper it with sense. There are other philosophies in the world.

Thanks for your suggestion but I will have to pass.

Quote:
Commissar Wrote:
By his wounds you were healed. You were like sheep that went the wrong way. But now you have come back to the Shepherd and Protector of your lives."

Great Peace: The Shepard also sometimes eats the sheep

Jesus is the Shepherd and Protector.

29.09.2012 06:44
TyPin
Unregistered

TyPin Wrote:
If we stick too close to the words, if we keep only main stream interpretation in mind, then we are deluding ourselves.

Please don't misunderstand me, I do not want to defend the bible. I just see a mistake made again and again, from my point of view. No matter if Christian or not, people are sticking too close to an already known flawed translation of the bible and are analyzing part by part, even sentence by sentence, without context.

You can see that in some other threads in this forum too. Someone writes a really long post. But instead of answering to the main content of that post, people rather stick to respond to only certain sentences or parts. That makes sense in certain discussion, but is way to overused. A habit that I really dislike, because I believe that this way, you pay more attention to some probably misplaced words than to the intended message itself.

And here in this threat, it happened again. I did not see a proper reaction to my post. Instead the bible was quoted as response. And another response was to take this bible quote apart and answer with counter believes to each part...

So in the end, it was not even bothered with my input, no agreement, no disagreement, no nothing...

29.09.2012 09:36
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

TyPin Wrote:
So in the end, it was not even bothered with my input, no agreement, no disagreement, no nothing...

WertungWertungWertung

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
29.09.2012 09:47
Pages (4): « First [1] 2 3 4 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites