Post Reply  Post Thread 

Anarcho-Capitalist Transhumanist Theocracy!

Akeron

Words count: 53,098
Group: Basic
Experience: 151
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

At  Anarcho-Capitalist Transhumanist Theocracy!

...so yesterday, I launched freigeld after just reaching 8 influence for the first time in this state, and I was hoping it would stay over 8 influence to get an-cap. After waiting all day, it finally turned around, and it stayed!

An-cap was just enacted, and tomorrow, we'll get to see what the effects are. I've done it before, but not in an established state like this.

That said, I want to point one critical thing out. Before freigeld, my state's currency was at $2.40 per Euro. Today, it crumpled to $1.60. I'm guessing this is because the interest rate crumpled from 27% to 1%. Along with this was the massive annual income my country was getting from its national credit. Before, the country was bringing in 330b Euro every year which more than balanced the budget and even gave it a surplus.

I'm not sure why it did that because that's not what freigeld actually is. Freigeld simply means currency will endure depreciation through demurrage. The interest rate is supposed to remain stable.

In the future, I don't plan on using freigeld ever again unless I'm playing a state with a massive interest payment and don't see a need to simply default on the debt through money reform 2. I really wish there was a rewind option as well to see how my state would perform without freigeld while implementing anarcho-capitalism.

In any case, I didn't think this was feasible, but since the reforms allowed it, I went for it, and it's been done. Now, it's just time to wait for tomorrow to see how transhumanism, theocracy, and anarcho-capitalism come together. Big Grin

Why return? That's a good question.
13.11.2017 00:48
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Akeron

RE: Anarcho-Capitalist Transhumanist Theocracy!

OK, so...

...the game bugged out.

Apparently, anarcho-capitalism doesn't reduce excise taxes. My capital taxes were previously at 0%, and acquisition taxes were at 2%. Acquisition is now at 0% along with capital taxes.

Excise taxes were at 44% though.

All my government spending was massively slashed, but my excise taxes remained the same...

...and now, my economy got crushed. It went from 175k GDP per capita to 155k, I have a 3t Euro budget surplus, living costs went from ~1960 Euro to 2037 Euro, and investment went from 2.95t Euro to 2.4t Euro...

...so yea... don't do anarcho-capitalism if your government is run on excise taxes. The game doesn't know how to handle that.

Oh... and apparently, my people are totally stupid too. Despite how the economy got messed up, my popularity went up from under just under 4 to 4.74, boosting my influence from 8.6 to 9.4...

...and my power didn't go down. ugh/lol

This post was last modified: 14.11.2017 14:32 by Akeron.

14.11.2017 04:39
Akeron

RE: Anarcho-Capitalist Transhumanist Theocracy!

OK, so now the game's gone completely retarded.

Because of the fact that my economy's blown up, my interest rate has skyrocketed... while I had a national credit of 3t Euros, and brought in another 2.5t Euros this year alone...

...so now, I'm earning another 321b Euros because my interest rate went from 1 to 12.5% after passing freigeld before an-cap.

Thanks! I'm actually earning more money after totally destroying my economy. Wtf? xD

16.11.2017 00:36
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites