Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: My Leave, Forever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Killer300

I find my presence here is now... completely pointless, and is just angering people. I'm either preaching to the already convinced, or am arguing against a brick wall. There are no topics we haven't burned into the ground, now including philosphical. I respect you all, although don't agree with you all, I do respect. With that in mind, I'm going now, before this really becomes... enraging. Parting quotes.

"All political thinking for years past has been vitiated in the same way. People can foresee the future only when it coincides with their own wishes, and the most grossly obvious facts can be ignored when they are unwelcome."
George Orwell

“Have not prisons - which kill all will and force of character in man, which enclose within their walls more vices than are met with on any other spot of the globe - always been universities of crime?” Peter Kroptikin

"Why do you insist that the human genetic code is "sacred" or "taboo"? It is a chemical process and nothing more. For that matter -we- are chemical processes and nothing more. If you deny yourself a useful tool simply because it reminds you uncomfortably of your mortality, you have uselessly and pointlessly crippled yourself."
Chairman Sheng-ji Yang, "Looking God in the Eye"

"Man, your head is haunted; you have wheels in your head! You imagine great things, and depict to yourself a whole world of gods that has an existence for you, a spirit-realm to which you suppose yourself to be called, an ideal that beckons to you. You have a fixed idea! Do not think that I am jesting or speaking figuratively when I regard those persons who cling to the Higher, and (because the vast majority belongs under this head) almost the whole world of men, as veritable fools, fools in a madhouse. What is it, then, that is called a "fixed idea"? An idea that has subjected the man to itself. When you recognize, with regard to such a fixed idea, that it is a folly, you shut its slave up in an asylum. And is the truth of the faith, say, which we are not to doubt; the majesty of (e. g.) the people, which we are not to strike at (he who does is guilty of -- lese-majesty); virtue, against which the censor is not to let a word pass, that morality may be kept pure; -- are these not "fixed ideas"? Is not all the stupid chatter of (e. g.) most of our newspapers the babble of fools who suffer from the fixed idea of morality, legality, Christianity, etc., and only seem to go about free because the madhouse in which they walk takes in so broad a space?"
Farewell. We will miss you.Sad
This is a repeate of the last time in which I called you a fascist and you "couldn't take it". You made a good bye thread, and after a couple of months you came back posting and opening new threads. Hope this isn't your inner drama queen acting up again.
Oh btw Sheng-ji Yang, human beings aren't just chemical processes, we are physico-chemico-energetic processes. The kind of process you don't find in a rock.
Btw your choosing of this quote portrays exactly how you feel about yourself, others and the world in general. You're the perfect sheep of the oligarchical principle.
Go read some about what you only like, because obviouslly your mind cannot take in dissent, or paradoxes.
All these quotes, except for Orwell's are disgusting, just like you kid. Orwell said that at age 40 a man has the face he deserves, I'd like to see how you'll look at that age.

GeneralMangi

take it easy killer, but helsworth is right, you did this before. we all know you will be back eventually. And you are like arguing with a brick wall too.

DRLHyper

Dude, no need to exagerate... If you do not stay for the forum, stay for the game. That is in principle what brough us all here (I myself have more or less a intermittent forum stay, it could be weeks before I become truely active, then go off again... and so on).

Point being, you think it is like hitting against a brick wall because no one agrees with you. Does not means nobody listens to what you say.

It is like the preacher. We all can hear what he says in the street -- we just do not necesarily have to agree with it.
Oh Killer...
It's not that we only know that you'll come back, it is that we WANT you to come back (at least in my case).
It is just natural that people have different believes and ideas and it is also natural that most of them don't like it if somebody else doesn't share them.
But that's only evolution and a highly developed mind should stay above such behaviour Smile

@ Helsworth
Even though I am a great admirer of George Orwell I have to disagree with him at this time. It might be that a man at age 40 has the face he deserves, but according to my grandmother a man over forty without a paunch is a cripple Groove

DRLHyper

Titian Wrote:
@ Hyper
Even though I am a great admirer of George Orwell I have to disagree with him at this time. It might be that a man at age 40 has the face he deserves, but according to my grandmother a man over forty without a paunch is a cripple Groove

Helsworth said that, not I.

Sorry, my bad
mixed some posts up blush

DRLHyper

Titian Wrote:
Sorry, my bad
mixed some posts up blush

No prob'.

Triniteras

Helsworth Wrote:
Btw your choosing of this quote portrays exactly how you feel about yourself, others and the world in general. You're the perfect sheep of the oligarchical principle.

No, it just means he likes Alpha Centauri. You might as well say he believes in serfdom for having quoted him.

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's