Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Thoughts on F.D.R.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For the most part all teachers are caring and they do their jobs out of that care, and then you have bad apples who honestly just want their checks then go home.

No. Learning shouldn't be taught. Methods and ideas and concepts which can make you a productive member of society, should be taught. That's what school teaches ME anyways. Learning can't be taught. It can only be expedited through dynamic methods. Not "taught".

I had to learn to study all by my lonesome. Actually I've been doing identifications for the past 3 hours. This is a lonely process, but it is a worthwhile process.

I've always said school needs to be more specialized so that you can determine a career path, and work towards it. A generalized education involving in-depth math is useless if you want to say, be a writer. Anything more than advanced algebraic concepts is unnecessary for this profession. Now if you want to be a physicist, how useless are all those literature classes? I do mean literature, not writing. I know physicist do have heavy writing when reporting their concepts and research.

For a job where you want to do something that involves heavy course-work, you should have to get teacher recommendations that you be allowed to do this type of course in secondary. Almost a pre-college area where you can switch around your secondary "major" until you find an interest. It'll save time in college when you go there expecting to want to study something, or studying for the money only to be left in a miserable major. All the while those who have proven their academic success in a field in secondary can have a better outline when they get to college. Creating a more productive and intelligent society overall.

We are humans. Specialization is one of the core attributes of an advanced society.
though i'm pretty pysched at this being my largest thread ever Groove
i think that the focus has shifted towards education soooooo.... should we start a education and education theory thread?
I usually tend to just let threads run where they may without trying to focus it on what only I want to talk about... I tried it once and looking back it's not too smart. Tongue The flow of conversion is hard to turn back... You could start a new thread though sure, but it's participation might not be as great. idk just sayin' Tongue
then to "kick-off" the new trend of this thread: education. Here's a question:

With the essentially failing education system, massive rises in tuition for college students, and very poor job prospects in the future, what society do to not only prevent this decay, but restore the hallmark that was once Western Education?

beste Wrote:
then to "kick-off" the new trend of this thread: education. Here's a question:

With the essentially failing education system, massive rises in tuition for college students, and very poor job prospects in the future, what society do to not only prevent this decay, but restore the hallmark that was once Western Education?

For one thing we should scrap the lies of the service, so called post-industrial economy and start to revert the downward trend of the physical economic input/output. We must lift of reforms and physical projects, such as Glass-Steagall, NAWAPA and why not a 4 power alliance between the USA, Russia, China and India. We need to apply 4th generation nuclear technology, when important physical projects around the world will start of, that huge demand for skilled labor and science will provide incentives in the fields of education, health care, industry etc, and it will finance the lawfull claims and deposits of the people after the bankruptcy reorganization that Glass-Steagall will organize.
http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/Ar..._waste.pdf

DRLHyper

Helsworth Wrote:
For one thing we should scrap the lies of the service, so called post-industrial economy and start to revert the downward trend of the physical economic input/output. We must lift of reforms and physical projects, such as Glass-Steagall, NAWAPA and why not a 4 power alliance between the USA, Russia, China and India. We need to apply 4th generation nuclear technology, when important physical projects around the world will start of, that huge demand for skilled labor and science will provide incentives in the fields of education, health care, industry etc, and it will finance the lawfull claims and deposits of the people after the bankruptcy reorganization that Glass-Steagall will organize.
http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.com/Ar..._waste.pdf

There is already an alliance between those four nations. It is called: United Nations. And it does not works well.

True, the UN is essentially a failure in that A, their mission is to stop war, and B, there is war! and lots of them!.

The UN should be restricted to human rights, although that would be counter-productive since Amnesty International ( i think) does a way better job than the UN bureaucracy.

I think the best way to get more jobs, greatly reduce companies' taxes if they hire X amount of full-time, decent wage, workers.
Capital gains taxes on the individual should be raised.

Corporate taxes should be eliminated.

Corporations acting as "holding funds" should be taxed at the same rate as the capital gains tax if there are no active assets. I.e a holding company with less than 10% of it's assets in... holdings?/ without a real employee-capital accounting ratio. The average holding company needs it's partners and each partner would be heading their own almost side brokerage, still really all under the same group. Like Berkshire Hathaway.

The educational system needs to be reformed to be more efficient. As for homeschooling? I think any parent should reserve the right to request a tax-return of what the government would give their child in public school so their child can study at home. The condition being the funds are being used towards the child's education, and the child not only meets but surpasses state standards among the higher percentile of students. How's that compromise for those of you (myself included) that would like to see private education/homeschooling become a bit more prominent?

Now just because the public school system has an opt-out doesn't mean it shouldn't strive to make the opt-out an unnecessary choice. For every 10,000 spent per student per year on education why is it every student doesn't receive new modern textbooks yearly? Furthermore, why do we buy textbooks from publishers instead of having a board of education publishing company which has the set of curriculum for each public school grade pass through the secretary of education's office? People call for letting the states handle education, the problem with that is as the world gets more competitive and each state creates their own twist on education you get a less uniformed American worker. As you all know in any decent company a uniformed worker is vital to appearance, there is no difference for any decent country.

As I've said before, let students specialize starting in secondary.

Completely and utterly destroy the NCLB. The school system needs to be about education, not test scores. In school there's more than just test scores. Studying for a test and studying for practical and applicable knowledge are two different things. Every child deserves a general education until secondary where they decide to specialize.

Finally, for colleges.... Well the current system isn't as flawed as so many think IMHO. Why? The hardest achievers get full-scholarships. Now for those average students I would understand the dilemma. So for them my solution is yes, provide more government loans/grants. Subsidize public university's to lower tuition costs. Here is where we let the state take over, but more importantly let the board of each university act accordingly. There should be federal guidelines to create a general sense of what the federal government expects from any university (as there are), but it should be expanded to include what the federal government expects of state's to ask of university's.

To move onto the geo-political talk... The U.N has failed because it is not truly United. State's need to recognize the difference between losing sovereignty and giving toward peace. I can not for the life of me understand why the U.S military needs to have more military spending than the combined military spending of the world's 20 biggest powers. It's a budget of world conquest proportions spent yearly! The U.S shouldn't be the world's police, it should be the organization the other 194+ countries have agreed to be the world's policeman, the UNITED NATIONS! This whole controversy of whether the U.N has a right to military actions to prevent war if by doing military actions it's only instigating it.... It's bullshit. For the past 60 years the world has played power politics and now suddenly there's an organization that can out-power any individual country while remaining in service of all humanity, but people are looking at the floor nodding their heads no thanks?

Completely idiotic to me. Obviously nobody really wants peace, they just want to keep fighting wars, or just have the OPTION of fighting wars to get what they want. Not using diplomacy. The country's of the world LIKE having the diplomatic option of war. If the U.N truly held peace, it's members wouldn't be as happy as they proclaim. The solution for world peace is staring them right in the face every time they walk into that U.N headquarters building.
This is a thread on FDR. The U.S. Human Rights record was brought up. I thought I'd share this.

Quote:
Vincent: Oh and "Crimes against humanity" has a stricter definition in today's international law system. The U.S has yet to commit any. Directly. Before you start bringing in proxy wars. Any other examples?

EU human rights chief, Thomas Hammarberg, has harshly lambasted European governments for collaborating with the US on committing “countless crimes” in the war on terror over the past decade, according to The Associated Press on Thursday, September 1st, 2011.

According to Hammarberg:
"In attempting to combat crimes attributed to terrorists, countless further crimes have been committed in the course of the US-led 'global war on terror... Many of those crimes have been carefully and deliberately covered up... They permitted, protected and participated in CIA operations which violated fundamental tenets of our systems of justice and human rights protection... The message is clear; good relations between the security agencies are deemed more important than preventing torture and other serious human rights violations."

The 47-nation Council of Europe has criticized over a dozen European states for colluding in the CIA's rendition programs, in which suspects were secretly captured and dispatched to countries where torture is allowed.

What do you think about this?

Like I said.... A crime against humanity is strictly defined. Point one out, in which they are calling it a crime against humanity. If you don't know the definition as used in a U.N diplomatic channel, what are you bothering with? This is something I formally study dude... You aren't going to find anything, because if someone calls that out in the U.N an investigation and a following trial HAS to be carried out of the government being accused. Yet, for it to be called out and defined in that manner there would have already been preliminary investigations of the government in question. For example, Bush broke U.N mandate which is consequentially a "crime", and so did Tony Blair. Yet, Tony Blair was a U.N peace envoy.

Lol, Commissar the question was purposely asked to prove the simple fact there is no way to officially prove it.

Another thing to mention is.... Every war has international crimes committed in it. It's excused for the fact that during war, state's know mistakes are made. It's not a clean business. So if someone points the finger (which they do), then they get 10 pointed back at them.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's