Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Thoughts on F.D.R.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Quote:
VincentNikolai: There is no use of the word crimes against humanity.

They simply broke a law that protects humanity. It doesn't need to be expressed verbatim. It's implied.

Quote:
VincentNikolai: I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH YOU COMMISSAR BUT YOU WON'T FIND THE DOCUMENT.

In Statement 9, the Court stated that the U.S. encouraged human rights violations by the Contras by the manual entitled Psychological Operations in Guerrilla Warfare. There's your documented proof.

Why don't you point out Russia?

See the problem is you can't point the finger at one country or it's like trying to solve an argument but you're leaning towards one side. That side immiedetly senses it, and doesn't listen to you anymore.

There needs to be a uniform treaty in which all countries of the world spent 50% (a certain percentage) of their allocated military resources toward a global U.N military force. This will cause A) more countries will spend less in their military for the sake of it not going out of the country B) A military force powerful enough to enforce it's dominance anywhere in the world C) An inability by any country to oppose a collective U.N military effort to extradite a leader, unless they really would threaten nuclear war against the entire world. There is no longer the excuse "If the U.S/Russia/China/Britain/France brings troops here to take this person to the ICJ there will be an imminent break of all relations and it will be considered an act of war by the U.S/Russia/China/Britain/France". This point will be null because it is now a U.N effort, carrying the banner of the world to enforce the world's agreed upon mandates and laws. All countries of ceded some sovereignty allowing the U.N access to their country too... So legally they've already agreed.

Commissar Wrote:

Quote:
VincentNikolai: There is no use of the word crimes against humanity.

They simply broke a law that protects humanity. It doesn't need to be expressed verbatim. It's implied.

Quote:
VincentNikolai: I DO NOT DISAGREE WITH YOU COMMISSAR BUT YOU WON'T FIND THE DOCUMENT.

In Statement 9, the Court stated that the U.S. encouraged human rights violations by the Contras by the manual entitled Psychological Operations in Guerrilla Warfare. There's your documented proof.

BRO FIND CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY. If you can't find those words...WHAT ARE YOU DOING? It says HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION. Like I pointed out that's on the same level as not giving someone an education. What the fuck? IT IS used verbatim when they try people like Saddam Hussein, because on an internationally legal basis it is a completely new set of rules. It's like the difference between assault and murder! One gives you a possibility of 6 months or a heavy fine; the other 25 years to life or death row!

Honestly why the hell is it soooo difficult to understand that they wouldn't try the U.S in that way? It is the most politically/militaristically potent country in the world. The U.N Isn't FAIR. It's something I keep trying to point out to you, and something you pointed out yourself. I thought you'd put two and two together.

VincentNikolai Wrote:

See the problem is you can't point the finger at one country or it's like trying to solve an argument but you're leaning towards one side. That side immiedetly senses it, and doesn't listen to you anymore.

No offense dude but Russia doesn't bable on and on about democracy, freedom and liberty like the USA does.

Helsworth Wrote:

VincentNikolai Wrote:

No offense dude but Russia doesn't bable on and on about democracy, freedom and liberty like the USA does.

Doesn't matter. The point is they'll always find a fault. You couldn't mediate this issue because you're biased. How do you think that would flow over? I... Could care less either way. All 5 S.C members frankly disgust me.

I'm not mediating. I just remember that diplomatic language is always euphemistic. Commissar has done a lot about Russia, look up the forum for the United Soviet legacy thread. It shows how much bullshit the revolution and the government were made of and how the soviets betrayed the red revolutionaries.
In 1860 the American National Republican Convention included in their electoral platform, on which Abraham Lincoln stood for President, the following statement: "...we brand the recent re-opening of the African Slave Trade, under the cover of our national flag, aided by perversions of judicial power, as a crime against humanity and a burning shame to our country and age".

The International Criminal Court (ICC) was organized by the Rome Statute and the UN has delegated several crimes against humanity cases to the ICC. The ICC acting without a UN referral lacks the broad jurisdiction to prosecute crimes against humanity, and cannot prosecute many cases, particularly if they occur outside of ICC-member nations.

Yes the United States is world hypocrite because it only brings up international law when it serves their own interest. The US has not ratified the Rome Statute with the ICC. How do you think that would effect US foreign policy if they did ratify it?

DRLHyper

Helsworth Wrote:
I'm not mediating. I just remember that diplomatic language is always euphemistic. Commissar has done a lot about Russia, look up the forum for the United Soviet legacy thread. It shows how much bullshit the revolution and the government were made of and how the soviets betrayed the red revolutionaries.

Soviets were the red revolutionaries. It is like saying "how the United States betrayed Americans".[/u]

DRLHyper Wrote:

Helsworth Wrote:

Soviets were the red revolutionaries. It is like saying "how the United States betrayed Americans".[/u]

Oh man when will your ignorance end. Search for the thread and read through the long detailed and argumented posts of Commissar and just leave me alone.
Oh and btw the US government has betrayed americans, so... double fail.

The Soviet Union had a bad human rights record. But if we are thinking globally, and if we want to solve the world's problems, then we have to look to the biggest source of the problems.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Reference URL's