Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Flat Income Tax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello.

1. This one seems great, with one exception. IF I understand it right, there will be the same tax rate for everybody (lets say 10%). Wich means that whereas now the rich may pay 45%, they will pay 10% in the future, right?

2. Any comments on this one would be apreciated.

Thanks

0Viriato0 Wrote:
Hello.

1. This one seems great, with one exception. IF I understand it right, there will be the same tax rate for everybody (lets say 10%). Wich means that whereas now the rich may pay 45%, they will pay 10% in the future, right?

2. Any comments on this one would be apreciated.

Thanks

Yes everyone will pay the same flat rate. The flat income tax tends to improve your savings rate, lower your bureaucracy, increases gini a little bit and favors growth in the long run, while the negative income tax has more immediate effects in terms of growth via consumption.

Thanks very much!

I chose the negative income tax. According to the way it was described, it seemed to me socially fairer than the other.

Will it actually be worst in the long run?

Grazie

0Viriato0 Wrote:
Thanks very much!

I chose the negative income tax. According to the way it was described, it seemed to me socially fairer than the other.

Will it actually be worst in the long run?

Grazie

Not if you keep the capital tax low. Also there's a task called salary justification which offers you an option to encourage different professions depending on how necessary they are for society via the income tax.
Have fun Wink

Rising Phoenix

You should also allways keep your money supply higher than your GDP, because N.I.T. makes it particularly easy to take advantage of growth... Or to cause decline, if the oppossite is true.
Many thanks Groove
If I implement the Flat Tax, will the Income Tax be flattened, or will all taxes be flattened, or am I just missing somthing? -and let's say I want to change my Flat Tax. When I initiate it, what do I do in Budget Time Winter to change it?

Rising Phoenix

TurtleShroom Wrote:
If I implement the Flat Tax, will the Income Tax be flattened, or will all taxes be flattened, or am I just missing somthing? -and let's say I want to change my Flat Tax. When I initiate it, what do I do in Budget Time Winter to change it?

It changes your adquicision taxes, which you can still change in the budget.

However, it will be that same rate for everyone.

0Viriato0 Wrote:

Some politician that I support said once that comparing justice to social justice is like comparing chair to electric chair. I do agree with that. He has no chance to win election, because people want to get money for free and not to work for what they get.

ciech Wrote:

0Viriato0 Wrote:

Some politician that I support said once that comparing justice to social justice is like comparing chair to electric chair. I do agree with that. He has no chance to win election, because people want to get money for free and not to work for what they get.

I'm pretty sure the 0,1% don't WORK for the corporate welfare they get from the government. In contrast, the bloke or gal who works for the minimum wage on a de jure 8 hours/day contract, de facto 10 hours/day - IS working for his or her money.
And no, there's no such thing as justice without the social component attached to it. For wealth is collectively produced and then the fruits of that collective labor are privately appropriated. As I state in my of my posts, permanent and involuntary unemployment IS deliberate government policy; and it bears the name of 'unemployed buffer stock of labor'.

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's