Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Iranian human rights abuses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I remember having a discussion with someone on a thread about this very subject, human rights in Iran, and they seemed rather apologetic of the fundamentalist regime. Just read this if you have time, at least halfway through.

http://www.fidh.org/IMG/pdf/ir0108a.pdf
The words "human rights" and "Iran" never go together in a sentence unless its saying Iran has no respect for human rights. Why the nations of the earth still tolerate such a blatant and unashamed violator of basic human rights is beyond me. The fact that China is Iran's only real friend (Russia only supports Iran as far as they can throw them) and China is no bastion of humanity either.
They still have yet to release the Iranian priest/pastor and he still has the death penalty option available which is appalling. Not to mention, Iran terrorizes its citizens as we all saw almost 2 years ago when the people came out in very large numbers to protest the current regime. You can probably still go on Youtube and see the violence.
Lastly, to be apologetic of Iran is to condone violence, hate, human rights' violation, and to support tyranny, totalitarianism, and genocide.
Iran's human rights record is par for the course when it comes to capitalist "justice."

Look at the U.S.:

Highest incarceration rate in the world
1 in 8 men in prison and 1 in 2 gay men in prison raped; prison rape is uncommon in most other countries
People, including U.S. citizens, imprisoned or killed without trial
Blacks widely denied the right to vote
Racial segregation higher than most rich countries and higher than 40 years ago
More Black men in prison than in college
Torture of prisoners condoned by high-level officials including the president
And police beating the large numbers of people who are turning out to protest the regime
No offense beste but accusing Iran of genocide is a little too much.
True, they haven't committed genocide yet, but Hitler didn't start killing Jews until the dawn of the World War. Though he told us what he was going to do for years.
Has humanity learned anything from WWII? When a nation rapidly builds its military in a time of economic crisis, disregards the orders of international bodies like UN, launches a anti-Semitic campaign, claims that countries need to be blown off the face of the Earth, and is possessed by a radical philosophy/religion that encourages world domination: well, you have a recipe for a world war.
Hitler did all these things and only "crazy" old Churchill saw the signs. Now, humanity laughs at anyone who says Iran is going to be a major problem in the future. I wonder how hard they will laugh when the first bombs start to fall.
And let's face it, Western armies are exhausted by the petty conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran could easily crush any NATO force on its way through Europe.

beste Wrote:
True, they haven't committed genocide yet, but Hitler didn't start killing Jews until the dawn of the World War. Though he told us what he was going to do for years.
Has humanity learned anything from WWII? When a nation rapidly builds its military in a time of economic crisis, disregards the orders of international bodies like UN, launches a anti-Semitic campaign, claims that countries need to be blown off the face of the Earth, and is possessed by a radical philosophy/religion that encourages world domination: well, you have a recipe for a world war.
Hitler did all these things and only "crazy" old Churchill saw the signs. Now, humanity laughs at anyone who says Iran is going to be a major problem in the future. I wonder how hard they will laugh when the first bombs start to fall.
And let's face it, Western armies are exhausted by the petty conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran could easily crush any NATO force on its way through Europe.

Refering to Churchill it took one imperialist to recognize the other. Iran is not nazi Germany, the iranian people don't want any wars and unlike Israel, Iran is not lobbying other countries to support an attack against Israel. When did "humanity" laugh about the Iran issue or any other issue?

beste Wrote:

Ans what say this ?
Fact is like Wannsee Conference was in 1942 ,
Night of broken Glas was in 1938
and bzw. dawn was more 1944 ( D -Day) ?

Quote:

You know that Iran still has to pay debts from the
Iran - Iraq war ? Theire Army wasn t bether financed than that
of Turkey e.g. They also had nothing equal
to the Leopard MBT or The Eurofighter Typhoon Nono

I am really sorry, but I don't understand your English very well Globe.

about Iran's debt... i wonder what the Templar though when Philip II of France slaughtered them, i mean, he owned them money! but i guess owing someone just doesn't cut it when they're cutting your head off.

i think everyone would do good to read the Prince and learn some practical politics, not this idealistic/ideological junk we feed ourselves.

beste Wrote:

about Iran's debt... i wonder what the Templar though when Philip II of France slaughtered them, i mean, he owned them money! but i guess owing someone just doesn't cut it when they're cutting your head off.

i think everyone would do good to read the Prince and learn some practical politics, not this idealistic/ideological junk we feed ourselves.

To clear away some of the fog surrounding the usual view of Machiavelli’s character and work, the following must be said.

On this account, the most common error of presumption among the contending factions engaged in war against one another, has been the assumption that they are warring to defeat an enemy, when, in fact, most war has been at the pleasure of an imperial ruler of many nations of a common monetarist system. War has been used by empires in order to induce those duped into it to defeat themselves—just as Bismarck’s warning against the coming world war identified the “principle” of the Anglo-Dutch (“New Venetian Party”) swindle known as the Eighteenth-century “Seven Years War.”

Like the audience for the slaughters in the imperial Roman arenas which had admired such wicked nonsense as that sort of warfare, the victims in the pit killed one another, as it was said, for “sport.” Others thought it were for amusement of the Emperor and the populace. Those who understood the game, knew, as St. Augustine had warned explicitly, that it was such games of the arena which used the audiences of the arenas to induce the mass of the citizens, from the top to lowest ranks, to degrade themselves into a reaffirmed, freshly impassioned role as hapless dupes of the empire as a system. Machiavelli was not evil, on the contrary he was a proponent of the Renaissance and its implied beliefs and principles, he was a moral man. The Prince is, first and foremost, a satire, so that many of the things we find in it which are morally absurd, specious, and contradictory, are there quite deliberately in order to ridicule ... the very notion of tyrannical rule.

beste Wrote:

Well i m sufficent when you see it in the context Smile

Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's