Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: currency value (exchange rate)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chad7405

I've seen a few on various forum threads but i was hoping a full general list of things to increase currencial value could be posted here by admin or someone who knows; I know it makes people happy and increases purchasing power so i want high value currency while not squeezing money supply since that's my main tool for growth (I'm a libertarian capitalist so free market needs money to operate) Thanks in advance! Daumenhoch
Achieving this can be tricky. From my own experience, I found that by keeping MS and GDP more or less in sink (1.1 ratio to 1.2 ratio), and by choosing pro-growth task options you are able to keep the currency value past 1,20. In my last uberkeynesian spending state, I even managed a 1,50 strong currency. But I also played around with tariffs and protectionism reform.

chad7405

Helsworth Wrote:
Achieving this can be tricky. From my own experience, I found that by keeping MS and GDP more or less in sink (1.1 ratio to 1.2 ratio), and by choosing pro-growth task options you are able to keep the currency value past 1,20. In my last uberkeynesian spending state, I even managed a 1,50 strong currency. But I also played around with tariffs and protectionism reform.

ok thank you in Chanada I want to save the currency from being toilet paper (due to Freigeld and unfortunately possible overprinting and devaluation through other things) but in military USA I want to try to get a strong currency from the start; I've done well so far, but i want to keep it up and potentially soar even higher. In terms of tariffs (customs), should i keep lowering those to go with my free trade policies or tighten to make my money more internationally attractive?

You're already pretty close to a 100% debt-to-GDP ratio. 1+ trillion gov deficit goes to the military industrial complex. If debt growth outpaces economic growth, remember that you always have the option to implement the pacifism reform.
Continue slashing the nominal rate, and fiddle with the tariffs a little bit, increasing them. See how it impacts your trade balance. Consider increasing welfare and pensions in order to decrease GINI.
Reference URL's