Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Fusion power
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

chad7405

What does this do in AR? It's somwhat costly, but it takes 90 turns and lots of progress and the description doesn't provide that much and I haven't seen anyone do it; From the description it sounds like it's good for power supply and stuff, so does that mean lower energy costs? More exports? better environment? In real life, the benefits for realizing Nuclear Fusion for a power supply would be incredible for many reasons. However, what does it do in the game? I want to know what I'm getting myself into if I dive headlong into a 90 turn project! Suspect

Rising Phoenix

My guess is that you get a significant economy boost coupled with smaller improvements in infraestrusture, environment, capital and other areas. Really this should be the project to end all projects. Pfeif
The thing is, that one completes it so late on, when the state is already pretty old; and economic growth isn't all that present anymore. It's more of a plateau.
fusion power is interesting in term of game but usless in the real world. I personaly know inginers of the particuls accelerator in geneva. The answer is clear: no hope for this kind of energy at a productive scale for... ever!
It sounds more intelligent to develop the liquid fluoride thorium energy. More realistic even if it's difficult... better access to primery reserves, better cogeneration possibilities etc...
See you

Boudifle Wrote:
fusion power is interesting in term of game but usless in the real world. I personaly know inginers of the particuls accelerator in geneva. The answer is clear: no hope for this kind of energy at a productive scale for... ever!
It sounds more intelligent to develop the liquid fluoride thorium energy. More realistic even if it's difficult... better access to primery reserves, better cogeneration possibilities etc...
See you

Not sure about the word productive - the question is commercially viable. I don't know if things like laser fusion will make it or not. But I'm 100% for thorium and breeder reactors.

Boudifle Wrote:
See you

I know a scientist, who is professor in South Korea and Austria, who would disagree on this opinion - and his main field is around hydrogen.

About the outcome of the project - I think your ecology and the prices for ressources are affected, but I am not that sure. I just take fusion power for fun, not for results.

Reference URL's