Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Liberalism consequences
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bratti Forever http://www.ars-regendi.com/rid96789/state/148724
and me in San Ignatius http://www.ars-regendi.com/rid96789/state/180631

both engaged Liberalism, with similar age (quarter), economic condition and popularity. I'm amazed the differet behaviour, and wondering it's causes.

He had an inmediate popularity/influence push up to 12. I went down below 5 overnight. ???

Since then, he's running an astonishing surplus of 50%, while health, environment and edu are declining. Anyway, his popularity keeps in the 11-12.

I reduced the surplus by lowering taxes, re-assigned some amount back to PE Health/Env/Edu, to stop their fast decline, and chose mild-soft options in tasks most of times. Any way, it's getting hard even to reach my popularity levels prior to Liberalism.

Really would like to know what's going on.
Well, it has mostly to do with task options, social indexes (government spending), and reforms (negative income tax beats flat income tax popularity-wise). The social indexes seem more or less the same. Bratti has also done Nuclear Disarmament, in contrast, you're ahead of his with projects since your state is older.
I'd have to narrow it down to task options. If aiming for high popularity, a regent must sit out quite a good number of tasks. If Bratti keeps that surplus, pretty soon he's going to get penalize in popularity because of it. If I were you, I'd focus on massive PE Administration and Others to improve the infrastructure index and the free time stat, and on PE Health and Education. I'd focus on obtaining a mild fiscal deficit in order to cover both the domestic private and foreign sectors (to put them in surplus). I think that if your regent dies with the state not in debt or the opposite in 'positive' debt, then the player has not squeezed all benefits he or she could have if otherwise was the case (stat-wise).
Hey, Helsworth

I've started a project (real world life) that's keeping me out of the game. In the last two weeks I've only made action once or twice and my two countries are declining fast, so I'm going to erase them and maybe I start from zero again in autumm, with new countries to experiment what I've learned with Hispanistan and San Ignatius.

Just wanted to thank you for your help and advice before disappearing for a few months.

Have a nice summer!

Dr. BlackSwan Wrote:
Hey, Helsworth

I've started a project (real world life) that's keeping me out of the game. In the last two weeks I've only made action once or twice and my two countries are declining fast, so I'm going to erase them and maybe I start from zero again in autumm, with new countries to experiment what I've learned with Hispanistan and San Ignatius.

Just wanted to thank you for your help and advice before disappearing for a few months.

Have a nice summer!

Thanks, bro. It was my pleasure. Good luck with your work and fave fun. Wink

Reference URL's