Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Cool things to try at this point
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My regent is getting old, and I think there's not much i can do to improve my state at this point (please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Anyways, I was wondering what you guys would advise me to do at this point, or any interesting paths I could take.
You've been doing great so far. I can't imagine what other paths you could take that wouldn't undo the work you've done. If you are interested in seeing how your state would do without full employment you could allow full use of androids, enforce profit sharing and boost basic income. Thats only if you want to though.

Free land and friegeld are interesting choices too. Old states can be boring sometimes but it's a testament to a job well done, congrats!
I've noticed that the savings ratio of my country has been gradually getting smaller. I take it that is a result of the rising living costs?

Anyways, before I croak, I suppose it would be nice to get the savings ratio to a more healthy 5 percent. How could that be achieved? I keep increasing subsidies, but those don't seem to work.
I really don't know what the saving ratio is supposed to measure from what. It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the sectoral balances, as AR doesn't base their simulation on stock-flow consistent accounting.
From my experience, a lower saving ratio usually means more private sector spending (more consumption).

Sega Wrote:
I've noticed that the savings ratio of my country has been gradually getting smaller. I take it that is a result of the rising living costs?

Anyways, before I croak, I suppose it would be nice to get the savings ratio to a more healthy 5 percent. How could that be achieved? I keep increasing subsidies, but those don't seem to work.

I think that very high Nominal interest may help to increase Saving ratio, but I am not absolutely certain about this. Prolonged period of deflation also may help, but I have no idea how to organize it.

Lord Alexander Wrote:

Sega Wrote:

I think that very high Nominal interest may help to increase Saving ratio, but I am not absolutely certain about this. Prolonged period of deflation also may help, but I have no idea how to organize it.

Neah, if you want uber high saving ratio, just do what Richard did.
http://www.ars-regendi.com/state/187386/show.html

Helsworth Wrote:
Neah, if you want uber high saving ratio, just do what Richard did.
http://www.ars-regendi.com/state/187386/show.html

Richard's state has lost half of its Real GDP during one Quarter, so it is natural that the people there are madly saving. It is too early to be absolutely sure, but there is a possibility that Richard’s state is simply experiencing some bug. Such extreme economic volatility does not look normal.

Well, it's totally plausible. In Richard's state, government purchases are the same as domestic consumption. There is high inequality, which means that a minority of the population is saving like hell b/c they have huge net incomes. While pensioners and unemployed people can't meet the living cost. Plus, you have 80% gov spending and only 3% taxation. Hyperinflation is a normal thing in this context. Excess fiscal deficit spending.

Helsworth Wrote:
Well, it's totally plausible. In Richard's state, government purchases are the same as domestic consumption. There is high inequality, which means that a minority of the population is saving like hell b/c they have huge net incomes. While pensioners and unemployed people can't meet the living cost. Plus, you have 80% gov spending and only 3% taxation. Hyperinflation is a normal thing in this context. Excess fiscal deficit spending.

As I said I think it is too early to decide if there is a bug or not, but we should not forget that it began to experience problems only now, even though it was managed in such manner for quite some time.

I agree that it can be a bug. Then again, it's an entirely different type of bug the fact that you can achieve such things in the first place.
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's