Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Nation crashed for no reason
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My American State shouldn't have crashed.
Your New Order had positive savings, fair capital and GDP growth, inflation wasn't too high, and the National debt to GDP was around 50%. What, exactly, caused it to crash?
Good Morning! I set your state back 12 quarters. Good Luck this time! Smile

Richard Wilson Wrote:
Your New Order had positive savings, fair capital and GDP growth, inflation wasn't too high, and the National debt to GDP was around 50%. What, exactly, caused it to crash?

I would try to comment on the situation, but optimus rex was to quick with his reset. What kind of crash did you observe? I can't see anything in the plots anymore.

Interesting my state has never been eligible for a reset even on solid grounds.....okie dok.

Alexei B.Miller Wrote:
Interesting my state has never been eligible for a reset even on solid grounds.....okie dok.

There is a major difference: The state in question is a classic state, while guys like the two of us mostly play world states. If you play classic, most reset requests are usually granted. For world states, the situation is different.

Since there is a price attached to winning a world, resets for world states are very strict. They are usually only granted if a significant error occurs, where it is clear that the reason for the issue 1) was obviously due to limitation of the game mechanics and, furthermore, 2) a players involvment is totally out of question. For example, a state that suddenly stopped "ticking" would be such a case (I remember that this happened once to a developing country of the player McHuff). Most other scenarios, which may have been provoked by play style, are not eligible. I personally also never had/got one of my own states set back in a normal world, neither can I recall more than 2 cases where it happened for other players. Presidente once lost (was it Istanbul? TheLastShah will likely remember) his state 1 or to 2 quarters before the world was over due to a reform he introduced, resulting in suprising loss instead of a certain victory. Of course, not eligible for a reset ...

Reference URL's