Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: how can I find a player to PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all,

I just joined the Alliance Evolution, and I'd like to get in touch with the leader, to ask some questions, but I can't find a way to send him/her a PM

via here in-forum, if I do a copy/paste of the name I see in-game, it shows that there is no player with such a name, yet it is in-game

in-game, I can't find a way to send a PM either, maybe there is a way, but I can't find it

so, maybe I'm doing something wrong, or I don't know how to send a PM to others, that's why I'm asking here

can someone point me in the right direction

thank you
It's really not that difficult. There a two possible ways to achieve that.

1)

A) Click on "Private Messages"
B) Click on "Compose"
C) Type the name of the player you want to write to. Make sure there is no space character at the end of the name.

2)
An alternative is to find a post in the Forum of the user you want to write to in the forum. Beneath a post of a user, there is a button to send messages labeled with "PM". This leads you to the same screen above, with the name of the player directly selected.
thank you Mr. Proper for your detailed answer

I've tried that before posting my question, but I guess I was misspelling the name of the recipient, as I was getting an error message, something like no such username found

but, now, making sure my spelling is correct, I was able to send him/her a PM, so it's all good

thank you
Message received! Daumenhoch

Sorry about the username. I just took it from the email address I was using to sign up.

ystradband Wrote:
Message received! Daumenhoch

Sorry about the username. I just took it from the email address I was using to sign up.

it's all good, I got it in the end... hehe...

Reference URL's