Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Tackling Corruption
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some questions about how to proceed with my (World State) Arborea.

This was supposed to be an egalitarian environmentalist anarcho-syndicalist state (not really sure what that means but it sounded fun), and now its morphed into something of a high-tech militarist libertarian state that doesn't like being called a state.

Yeah. https://www.ars-regendi.com/state/215211.../show.html

Real question- how do I reduce corruption? I feel like it has something to do with the inflation rate, living costs and unemployment.

JambalayaSam Wrote:
Real question- how do I reduce corruption? I feel like it has something to do with the inflation rate, living costs and unemployment.

There is usually no way to prevent corruption from going up once the ratio of money available to the individual and cost of living lowers below a certain value.

When boiling it down to the ratio of net income and cost of living alone, it becomes hard to state specific number. One person may have a lot of money, but also to provide for a large family with many children. Another person may be unemployed and receive insufficient welfare, but can potentially rely on other family members. The development therefore can be different in the individual state, as other factors including GINI, unemployment rate, welfare, pensions, basic income (if applicable), reforms, and some other variables hidden to the player come to play.

But usually true for any state: If you see the cost of living catching up with the net income, you will also see corruption skyrocketing.

Reference URL's