Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Projects and regent statistics
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can now start projects, just press the "Projects" button and have a look what is available. Smile

Furthermore there are now statistics about regent in the regent area.

PoFi

Is there some explanation/documentation/help for the projects?

I just wonder why one of the projects is marked as started, although I haven't done anything yet. And if I select that project, to see the description, there is still the button to start it. Or should that column show that I can activate that project because I have enough progress for that? At least then it would make sense but should be named "Startable" or "Startbar" in German then.

Besides that...I think the message that I don't have enough progress should be translated. At the moment it just shows: "errorForschungZuKlein".
Dear Regents,
due to a bug, it was possible to start more than one project. For technical reasons we had to delete all started projects of states with more than one active project (around 16). Please start one project of your choice again!
Sorry!

Liebe Regenten, es war ein Fehler dass mehrere Projekte auf einmal gestartet werden konnten. Aus technischen Gründen mussten wir daher alle Projekte streichen, die in einem Staat mehrfach ausgeführt wurden. Bitte einfach nochmal neu mit einem Projekt anfangen und uns informieren, falls es noch Ungereimtheiten gibt. Sorry!
May it be that the projects need very much time until they are ready? Noplan If you consider that it needs much of time to get the necessary level of progress to start a project the most regents would be too old and won't experience the end of it. Kopfkratz

vasilgian

comfreak Wrote:
Dear Regents,
due to a bug, it was possible to start more than one project. For technical reasons we had to delete all started projects of states with more than one active project (around 16). Please start one project of your choice again!
Sorry!

I think that not allowing to pursue two or more projects simultaneously is wrong. For example "cure for cancer" and "great wall" are projects that need completely separate scientific knowledge and workers of different labor fields.

If someone has the money and a strong economy, he should be able to start as many projects as he wants. Also I agree that it takes too much time to complete the projects and that the duration should be reduced.

Also an explanation about what exactly projects do and affect would be welcomed, in addition with a guide about what the numbers mean. For example, duration is in quarters or in years?

I suppose Comfreak had a reason for the one-project-rule. Since they are rather expensive I hope they will do more good than most reforms. If this is the case (and really hope my wishes come true Wink ) it shouldn't be a surprise that there are a few restrictions.

As for the great wall and curing cancer, these 2 projects require different levels of progress. You can buy a great wall long before you can even think about curing cancer. So this problem concerns only old nations not new ones. However, since even regents are mortal this problem will cease to be one sooner or later ... Wink
It looks like I have 4 active though :S

Edit: nevermind, not anymore. Still managed to get my unemployment down. Tongue

vasilgian

I 've noticed for a couple of days that the projects are not working. I had started the space elevator and although it showed one day that it needed 2 quarters to finish, the next day and since now it shows that it needs 20 quarters. The budget for projects has gone back to 0 and I cannot start a new project since it says I already have one project in progress.

I have waited for a couple of days to see what will happen but nothing has changed.

Is there any official response about what is happening? Is it taken back to development due to bugs or am I experiencing a bug?
This is a bug also experienced by other players. I will make a note...
Reference URL's