Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: I did not choose that!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the second time that this happens to me... the first time I thought "ok, maybe you were not careful enough and you clicked the other option", so from that time on I am extremely careful about what I press in the tasks.

And for Stem Cell Research I chose ""Denying medication for seriously ill and dying persons is a sign of superior morality?" asks Dr. Holly Neufrisch..."

Now it appears as if I had chosen "There has to be a middle ground ...

I even wrote my option in my "Diary of NovAlexandria", why I rejected the "middle option"...

I quote myself from the Alliance forum (THIS link for the administrators):

Quote:
I am afraid of supporting Dr. Holly Neufrisch, whose opinion I actually completelly share (embyos are not human beings), but the "moderate" option of John Shredder (a mediator) is pretty hypocritical: We import the embryos but we do not produce them... is this really meant to take any "guilt" away? "We do not do this, but we pay others to do it" should represent any moral difference?

So... we remove all barriers.

Is anybody having also this unpleasant experience, that the option chosen in the task is not the one really chosen??

Yes, it happened to me, too. Now my citizens are being hauled away in police cars for no reason! I choose nothing to make that happen; that doesn't even comply with any of my tasks that I chose!

Svetlana Wrote:
Yes, it happened to me, too. Now my citizens are being hauled away in police cars for no reason! I choose nothing to make that happen; that doesn't even comply with any of my tasks that I chose!

You solved "Knives" and chose this one?

Quote:
"We must have officers on the streets at all times, then these hooligans wouldn't get any ideas." says the Chief of Police, Kurt Klobber. "Of course that would mean increasing the funding for our personnel and their equipment. Oh, since we're discussing the matter, more power for the police officers would drastically curb crime too..."

Don't worry too much about the result text, it is often used to point out less obvious consequences. This increased police presence also results in reduced crime.

@MoredanKantose: According to result text and matrix entry you chose the "middleground" option. Kopfkratz

Hello, Svetlana:

Interesting, Knives was exactly the other task I had the impression to have chosen another thing. But the program says that I chose "referendum" and this referendum led to that. I was a bit confused but I said to myself "Ok, then I did chose referendum".

PS: Are you Russian Soppy ? And, more important for the game: Is your country based on Russia, as mine?

Hello, Sheep:

I will be fanatically watching next tasks, but maybe can you take a look at the option numbers in the option group and if they are correctly read in these tasks, before they are stored in your tables?

MoredanKantose Wrote:
I will be fanatically watching next tasks, but maybe can you take a look at the option numbers in the option group and if they are correctly read in these tasks, before they are stored in your tables?

There is no sequence mistake, the task text you read is put together by the computer, so human mistakes are not possible here. Each option text and the fitting result text are a unity, so it's extremely unlikely option #3 was chosen and result text #4 was displayed.

They may form a unity, but this does not exclude possible bugs, for example provoked during the Marshall... I don't know. Anyway, I understad that if you are no able to reproduce the error, you just think that I remember it wrong.

I don't, of course, but I understand you.
I will have a look at this part once again, but as Sheep said before, it is not possible to choose one option and antoher one is calculated, BUT I will check this for you again.
Ok, thank you. And if it cannot be reproduced well, then it cannot be reproduced Smile, it's ok.

MoredanKantose Wrote:
you just think that I remember it wrong

Well, issues with browser, internet connection and server are possible, but extremely unlikely, so it's logical to assume you clicked the wrong option by accident.

There is no obvious connection between "Knives" and "Stem cell research" task, so I'd need more cases to track down any bug. Kopfkratz

one day I forgot that back-button of inet-browser is no tool for this game ... so I used it by mistake. It brought me back to task menu sothat I had had a view 'into future' "Well, I can look at details of tasks. What an advantage bigsmile" I thought. So I tampered arround on back-button sent data repeatedly and had the feeling to solve one more task than formerly possible.
Next day I wondered about task's consequences. Opposite of my decisions took place. I view in archives showed that a very important task basically concerning my concept of leading a state had this option choosen which I would have never choosen by myself.
I assume that my abuse of back-button may be the reason. Nowaday I move throu this game with more controll.
Reference URL's