Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: newbie question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

FujiSenseiSan

i read a list of tasks
the shortly guiding windows are telling me to chose some of them ... not all of them
is not clear how many should i chose in my first day
and is not clear WHAT MEANS all these tasks - for example:
1.the fire destroys parliament building
2.the next task sats just this: commuters - what means commuters? where is the task idea? explanation?
3.Treasure Hunt is the third task ... lol lol lol ... no explanation here

what am i supposed to do?
READ OR CLICK THE BUTTON?
i chosed the fire task as my first task and i discovered i am alloed with one task per day now, maybe tomorrow will change

i chosed the "referendum" and the game automatic answer pointed me two things:

5 % of all rulers have chosen a referendum
64 % of the other rulers have chosen the same option.

what means 5% of all rulers?
what means 64% of the other rulers?

i hope is 5% of the players
and is 64% of the other players (95% players who haven't chosed the referendum) ... players who haven't chosed the parliament task

if someone can give some info please (if i am wrong or not, if someone knows what means this COMMUTERS task or TREASURE HUNT task etc)
You are asking too many questions, search out the names of the tasks on a search engine and you'll understand what they mean. Every task gives you options, each option has different consequences, you can do 5-6 tasks every year, a year means 4 quarters in the game, 1 quarter means 1 day. Half the fun is to discover the game for yourself, after making a few mistakes and learning from them, then you'll be ambitioned even more to succeed. The forum has useful insights on the game, try using the search function.
Btw in a task such as the fire at the parliament building, why did you chose the referendum option? How do the people decide something they don't know? You can choose the referendum on social issues and some economic issues as well. (the people tend to vote the most pacifist option)
Welcome to the game! Daumenhoch

You get a variable number of tasks each quarter (up to six a year). You don't get to see the full descrpition of the task until you activate it.

Also, you can either complete a task or launch a reform (if you have enough influence to push it through). You can also change the budget each winter.

Projects can be started when you have progressed through the game sufficiently and you may join an alliance at any time to enhance your gameplay experience! Wink

Your understanding of the percentages shown are correct.

FujiSenseiSan

thank you Helsworth and 418 for your gelpful advices

unfortunately in this game when you make a mistake you cannot change it later

there were 5 choices at the fire at the parliament building
1. blame the right wing
2. blame the left wing
3. blame the external interference with this state internal business
4. blame the arson and tell the people the truth they desrve to know
5. referendum

my logics piece after piece as follows:
A. i don't see the advantage coming from the first and second choices
B. i see there is someone who believes an international opinion about this state can be changed by the choice of the OWNED population aka PUBLIC ... which is obviously right just if the war has gone that far ... and at this time the incoming advantage idea FAILS
C. i see someone who speaks for this country's people and asks me to tell them the truth about the fire ... but the truth is what people understands not the truth itself
about "understanding": it lies between your previous needs and the following needs ... when your needs are different from what your mate is thinking about you there will be little understanding from you to your mate problems, ideas etc

For a second i intend to chose choice 4 - telling the truth - then I see the referendum and I suppose is related to the people in my staff, not to the people in my country
i chose the referendum to let the "staff" decide and talk about the fire at the parliament as much as they want and in the way they want ... if against left or right wings it doesn't matter ... it matters the freedom to speak about their own kind of fears or needs till they consume all these extremisms and get tired of them and finally decide it was an arson lol

now you let me know the referndum is going deeper to the level of the country's population ... well yes then this would be the referendum you'd go to vote, maybe the only one where you'd really go to vote ... then you'll speak whatever you'd like about dangers affecting your country and then maybe you'll vote ... and this way we'll get these:
a. people will see that there is some fun in having a parliament crying "FIRE!"
b. people will discuss longer about the country's immediate problems, their activism will bring benefits to several aspects of life and education
c. people will vote for "terrorists" "red brigades" "yakuza mentors" etc and will still have time to change their jobs offering their services to these organisations, but they wont
d. people will ask : how is the regent? yeah maybe the parliament is burned down, but the regent, is he okay? ... at least!?

FujiSenseiSan Wrote:
my logics piece after piece as follows:
A. i don't see the advantage coming from the first and second choices
B. i see there is someone who believes an international opinion about this state can be changed by the choice of the OWNED population aka PUBLIC ... which is obviously right just if the war has gone that far ... and at this time the incoming advantage idea FAILS
C. i see someone who speaks for this country's people and asks me to tell them the truth about the fire ... but the truth is what people understands not the truth itself
about "understanding": it lies between your previous needs and the following needs ... when your needs are different from what your mate is thinking about you there will be little understanding from you to your mate problems, ideas etc

For a second i intend to chose choice 4 - telling the truth - then I see the referendum and I suppose is related to the people in my staff, not to the people in my country
i chose the referendum to let the "staff" decide and talk about the fire at the parliament as much as they want and in the way they want ... if against left or right wings it doesn't matter ... it matters the freedom to speak about their own kind of fears or needs till they consume all these extremisms and get tired of them and finally decide it was an arson lol

now you let me know the referndum is going deeper to the level of the country's population ... well yes then this would be the referendum you'd go to vote, maybe the only one where you'd really go to vote ... then you'll speak whatever you'd like about dangers affecting your country and then maybe you'll vote ... and this way we'll get these:
a. people will see that there is some fun in having a parliament crying "FIRE!"
b. people will discuss longer about the country's immediate problems, their activism will bring benefits to several aspects of life and education
c. people will vote for "terrorists" "red brigades" "yakuza mentors" etc and will still have time to change their jobs offering their services to these organisations, but they wont
d. people will ask : how is the regent? yeah maybe the parliament is burned down, but the regent, is he okay? ... at least!?

Your logic is ilogic on this particular issue Smile You don't initiate a referendum for a fire, or an explosion, or a natural disaster. The referendum option will probably be the one, in which "your mothers says that you must tell the truth", and as a result the other parties will put the blame on you. That will result in a drop in popularity and power for a quarter or two.
A referendum is a popular vote, and in the real world for a ref to pass it needs to obtain a 50+1% yes or no, on the respective subject.

FujiSenseiSan

51% of course and this why i haven't thought the referendum is asking the country'd population
and BTW why the referendum was there as choice for gameplay as ruler if there is no such ruler choice in real world?
why was the referendum of the entire country's pop and not just the ref of my staff?
and if the parliament BUILDING is on fire ... there is no reason to believe a regent hand is there setting up the fire

and because you asked me why referendum then i ask you why was the reeferendum there as ruler choice?

and if i'd have a chance i'd make a referendum in the capital city about this event ... but this sort of fun would be followed by CHRISTMAS
well this task is a hint on germany 1933 as nazi burned the reichstag building, blamed the left and sent many of them in jail or just killed them. in fact this task just gives you the option to choose whether you want a pure democracy or maybe some kind of dictatorship where you try to get your power without respect to the way you can do it. a referendum does not make sense as you cant let your ppl decide wheter they want to be cheated or not.
Lachweg I can just see it now. There's a fire at the parliament building. The prime minister calls a referendum, asking the question: "Who shall I blame for the fire?" You're right that having the option for a referendum on tasks such as this doesn't make any sense. I guess it would be difficult for admins to deactivate the referendum option for some tasks and not others...
When you debate about something with your staff, that isn't called a referendum. And your staff is composed of? The referendum options is present in every task, the use of it is determined by the reagent, whether you want your power to diminish and have a more direct democracy type of state.
You should have acknowledged that your option of the referendum in this task was an error, at least in the realistic point of view; But you instead went on trying to argument with bricks and mortar a simple hole. Pfeif

FujiSenseiSan

HELSWORTH I am not trying to argue with you ... from your second post here i noticed you are not following the "set the course captain" idea and instead you prefere your obsessions ... which remembers me to ask you to read again please what i said before about understanding - maybe someday between you and your chatroom mate

My choice is to let flow the ideas on the subject I had in this topic: newbie question

I do not wish to prove you are not smart and please do not look at my head like you are going to step your foot on it ...

418, thanks for understanding my point: useless environment provides useless ingame results
Based on some things like: suppositions, guesses, hopes, beliefs etc players try to make use of all game features in the most complex way they can

NOW XAOC ... you are trying to show (and is good) what happened in Germany 1933 were it happened to hear about a fire at the parliament BUILDING ... or PARLIAMENT MEMBERS which is totally different, so lets find out if the game tells us about a fire at the parliament members - I see there is just a fire at the parliament building which is equal to a fire in the closet when nobody was still in there ... as you know perhaps the parliament closet doors do not have locks or ... if they have maybe we are now really in Germany 1933

Nazi party burned the Reichstag is again not equal to "country ruler" burned the Reichstag because the ruler is one and the party has sometimes a half of the mebers in a parliament

Nazi blamed the left wing ... wrong because in 1933 Germany was not anymore a state, but an alien implant of (at least exclusivist racist) nazi prealphabetised bureaucrats "showing" hand skills and gestures about handling manifests and papers ... (Heil ...!!)
Without having a natural central body administration there was no wing party ... they did not believed in angels anymore, they were in the best case (the american way: white angel shirts, smoking) having to show a right hand ... (Heil ...!!)
The country was still there down to their feet, but was lead by a propagandistic program not by the party itself.
The components of the inside german nationalism were still of two kinds:
the aristocratic side and the militaristic nazi youth seeking a rapid ascension to power ... there is not enough place here to talk about the aristocratic side, but is very well known the militaristic side.

The first world war was described as the european war during and after ...
was not planned to end until Europe was entirely collapsed, but some surprises stopped the war unexpectedly ... soon to be followed by another till the target plan is acquired.

The second world war was described as the war between (one?) free world and its enemies ...
was planned to be followed by another war just 12-13 years later after the first russian tankist was ending his college ... starting education in 1945 under Stallin age ... target plan was the same european ruins

The third world war was called the Cold war and described as a collective addiction to terrorist fictions experimented through real terror laboratories
(read: populations) ... was supposed to start with Kennedy's murder and stop a little later than 1989, but another surprise changes the dictators plans and here we are ...

Now look back and lets see how smarts were the dictators when thinking "they are planning" everything in this world:
the first world war was not the "european", but the war between the NEW WORLD and the OLD WORLD (CHRISTIAN)

gas bombs are one of the surprises which stopped the first war before it was planned - being hard to prevent and detect (see Empire State Building how high it was going, right before the Reichstag burned) when manufactured by anonymous artisans

the second world war was not of the free world (not free worlds, lol, then which one is free?) against its enemies, or of the dictators against populations freedom, but it was the war between Police and non-criminal worlds ... this war was gained by Police and no non-criminal entity survived till these days

the thrid world war as planned while still being on the second war is cancelled by another threat: biological bomb (one of the surprises)

then after Keneddy is murdered a new war style shows up and ... lol i am tired now of writing ...
the new war is called ...

... cold war - by Oswald

the new war is planned to destroy the brain freedom of the populations who after the first two wars survived but more like ZOMBIES not life beings

the zombies corpses still had a remanent brain not developed at a dangerous level but still free inside its skull

this kind of freedom is going to be attacked this time

starting with terror experiments in every kind of jail from communists to capitalists jails and ending with so called scientific labs for research of neuronal systems detached from its parent brain the war is continued in chemical labs for preparing PUBLIC CONSUMMERS FOOD and then in the market s and local commercial habits (colorful garbagizing?)
under philosphical cover this war is the war between BioEthics segmentarism and the Brain Freedom

now comes another surprise the dictators did not had in mind and this war is stopped to be continued by the current war against "last human breaths" ... no poetry here

but i need to run out and smoke a cigar see you

Xaoc dear in the Police war versus non criminal worlds in 1933 the scene was prepared for the fools to burn down their own Reichstag and blame what you call left wing

But I told you that even the dictators who planned all these didn't knew where exactly are leading their own world wars and how exactly should these wars be called and how exactly should they cover in the history books the truth ... if they'd knew then no one would speak today about GESTAPO which would be known perhaps as a kitty cat organisation for the fuhrer's day long fun

Nazi?
Reichstag?
you make me laugh
and I forgot the referendum

now for truth:
we know that Police won the war against non criminal worlds and survived just the criminals

we know that somebody has to lead this new world

we know that these are done with the total cooperation of the criminals

we know that criminals are not in jails

we know that a referendum would speak about who is a criminal in our country and we couldn't find out yet from Police files ... because criminals are free ... without the interference of a criminal secret service

so a referendum would get you to a little step to a free world showing you what people knows about criminals in your country and these without the Police and other services "help"

but to make a referendum you need to be a criminal yourself as a regent and a good one, because many enemies are surrounding you

now lets read what says the game in reply to my choices by task and by task advisor:

"Former decisions had the following consequences: [?]
Opposition parties try to pin the blame for the fire in the Pariament Building on your party."

absolutely a non sense
If were the parliament members mentioned in this fire story then I would understand the fears of someone to blame someone else
If I see these fears just from the advisors telling to the players their opinions about the fire story then I chose myself to underline that it was a BUILDING fire story not another thing and the fourth advisor was just helping in this direction

but the referendum has other purposes as i said

and i wasn't told that players as rulers have their own party
i was told 5 advices at one task but i wasn't told that these advices are not coming from my advisors
and i wasn't told that the referendum which is a good choice for me even the best choice for the real world is not yet the best here in this game, but just another way to be tricked by someone's fake brain and fake imagination

insistently repeated by some obsessed guy who forgets to read my problems telling me his problems under my topic
this game is compsed of erros and mistakes
418 is a part of the friendly environment (where if you have one good brick the others maybe of anykind they wish to be)

i need to restart the game ... plus i lost my 4 AP i used them yesterday and now are gone
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's