Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: World Leadership Election [Speeches] Deadline: Q64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

A new thread for a new election!

WORLD LEADERSHIP ELECTION
CANDIDATE SPEECHES

WE ARE LISTENING
DEADLINE: Q64 (Just 11 Qs / 5 Days left!)

This is an open invitation to all of the "World Leader" candidates to deliver a speech to us, the world, here in this thread to give the nations around the world a better understanding of why we should be voting for you and perhaps not 'Joe Bloggs'.

This is a speech thread - can we keep this thread clear of discussion.

- ie, only post here if you are an election candidate posting a speech.

I ask that any and all discussions about the speech to please be taken to another thread.
This is in the interest of ensuring that all speeches can be easily found.

---- German Translation ----
Alle Kandidaten bei der Wahl zum "Weltherrscher" sind hiermit herzlich eingeladen, hier in diesem Thread vor uns, der Weltgemeinschaft, eine Ansprache zu halten, um uns einen Eindruck davon zu geben, warum wir gerade euch wählen sollten und nicht irgendeinen "Max Mustermann".

Dies ist ein Wahlreden-Thread - bitte hier nicht diskuttieren.
- Das bedeutet: nur hier posten, wenn ihr ein Kandidat bei den Wahlen seid und eine Wahlrede halten wollt.

Ich bitte auch darum, dass sämtliche Diskussionen über die Wahlreden bitte in einem anderen Thread stattfinden.
Dies soll gewährleisten, dass alle Reden leicht gefunden werden können.

Übersetzung: The wonderful Planer & Devi

NEVER MIND GO TO JAIL

While stopping by just to check up on things I noticed that with just two Q's to go in this leadership election that the regents of this world seem to have lost faith in the democracy of Cambridge and its ability to ELECT a world leader.

Friends, I too am struggling to come to terms with the fact that Liberty Valance seems to have scooped up his votes through last nano-second bidding in auctions - grabbing up land like its a big game of monopoly - and through backroom deals.

Have we lost the ability to vote?

Have we lost the ability to decide for ourselves?

Have we lost the democracy of world leadership?

I say no! We have not!

And I say we vote for Oxford for World Leader.

A strong nation with an outstanding moral compass and dignity.

I ask you all to stand up and be counted for in this race AGAINST democracy as Libery Valance stands head and shoulders above us with his monopoly of nations voting his way.

So I say to you today;

Stand up for YOUR world leader!

Stand up for YOUR vote!

Stand up for YOUR democracy!!

Umm... As I may quote yourself:

jamesgilfoyle Wrote:
This is a speech thread - can we keep this thread clear of discussion.
- ie, only post here if you are an election candidate posting a speech.

Not that I would mind, but... Well, you know. Hehe

EDIT: I have already said elsewhere that I would allocate all of my states (except for one of course) to newcomers (which could be found by invitation of interested people via the forum f.e.). Hopefully, this will finally show my goodwill... Daumenhoch

Last time I checked I had votes for me, so I would consider myself to be an election candidate - and making an election speech in the endorsement of Oxford. Perhaps you should be the one to actually consider the quote you took from the original post?

Well to your reply, I think actions speak louder than words do Liberty Valance.

Liberty Valence Wrote:
EDIT: I have already said elsewhere that I would allocate all of my states (except for one of course) to newcomers (which could be found by invitation of interested people via the forum f.e.). Hopefully, this will finally show my goodwill... Daumenhoch

as I also said in that elsewhere thread - KEEP all your states but then show your goodwill when you vote for another candidate than yourself (well you could even vote for Titian so he might get a first effort in this world Wink - but I surely would prefer another president

btt - I hereby declare that I am not willing to be a candidate for world leadership

Well, it's pretty difficult to "keep the business going" in such a number of states... Glotz

BTW, I hereby announce my withdrawal from the World Leadership Election and declare the thoroughly support of all of my states for Oxford and its regent ystradband. Go Chris! Daumenhoch
Well, that was the easiest speech I ever had to make! Of course, I didn't 'put myself forward' or promote myself as a candidate but I guess I'm happy if you want to thrust the power (whatever that is) into my hands! Hehe
Reference URL's