Ars Regendi Simulation Forum

Full Version: Many gaudy smarties
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The health consequences against the professional option for this task are ridiculous. Wtf?

Some liberals complain about the requirement for perscriptions to obtain many medicines.

"This would be a desaster!" physician Stefanie Engel comments vigorously. "As hitherto citizens should be advised by mediciners when it comes to many medicines. And when a skilled doctor holds that the medicine is improper it is the best for the patient not to get hold of it."

citizens are still dependent on good will of doctors when they want certain medicines

It's possible that the other tasks I did at the same time made this worse, but I'm very skeptical of that considering that I chose the same options before in my other countries and how emphatic these effects are:

Frankly, I don't see how my choices in "penalty tax":

After mass layoffs by large corporations, public counter-measures are debated.

"A good idea to punish legal but anti-populist behavior." agrees Albert Sleeve, the president of a regional labor union. "But we should not only impose this tax on national enterprises, but also on international enterprises which commit ethical misconducts far outside the limits of our laws and for example attract attention through shameless exploitation."

Popular sports shoe brands disappear from stores as penalty taxes are imposed on shoe manufacturers known for running sweat shops in poor countries.

or "ding dong":

Action groups protest the noise of church bells with increasing violence.

“There’s some truth in that arguement.” says Treasury Secretary Matt Garner who takes a careful look at the national budget. “But this permission needn’t be free. Every organization that is interested in setting up a public address system should pay a large fee to the state. For every minute of acoustic advertising, whether it is commercial or religious, they have to pay. What a benefit to the treasury!”

Several big corporations boost their sales through permanent acoustic advertising.

could have exacerbated these effects so harshly.

Ding dong has some possibilities because hearing advertisements all day long can be frustrating, but this is a fault of poor task design as well since a government would be able to customize how public address fees and permission would be assessed and provided.

Quote:
Ding dong has some possibilities because hearing advertisements all day long can be frustrating, but this is a fault of poor task design as well since a government would be able to customize how public address fees and permission would be assessed and provided.

Sorry I don't understand this sentence completely. Indeed it was Ding Dong that caused the loss on health and environment.

Unkas Wrote:

Quote:

Sorry I don't understand this sentence completely. Indeed it was Ding Dong that caused the loss on health and environment.

In the sense that the law would prevent noisy adverts at night, or the early mornings, or sundays.

Unkas Wrote:

Quote:

Wtf, that's retarded. A government can't limit the supply of licenses it releases?

How sound waves impact the environment is beyond me as well. They might make it noisy to live in cities, but cities don't exactly cover the majority of physical surface area.

I should have just sat this task out like I did before. Any government response to church bells is huge overkill one way or another, and the inability of a government to responsibly govern by customizing the terms of public address permission is absurd.

"Every organization that is interested in setting up a public address system should pay a large fee to the state."

This implies regulation through the use of prices (similarly to property taxes and radio/TV broadcast licenses), but evidently, the game doesn't understand what it's saying.

Akeron Wrote:
Wtf, that's retarded. A government can't limit the supply of licenses it releases?

How sound waves impact the environment is beyond me as well. They might make it noisy to live in cities, but cities don't exactly cover the majority of physical surface area.

I should have just sat this task out like I did before. Any government response to church bells is huge overkill one way or another, and the inability of a government to responsibly govern by customizing the terms of public address permission is absurd.

"Every organization that is interested in setting up a public address system should pay a large fee to the state."

This implies regulation, but evidently, the game doesn't understand what it's saying.

I agree, the most harmless option to this task is when the bells are sold as scrap. But yes, the issue of this task I have never heared of, both in society or TV. It is not percieved as a problem, if it's percieved at all.

Akeron Wrote:
How sound waves impact the environment is beyond me as well. They might make it noisy to live in cities [...]

Well, the worth of area's "environment" is relative, and it's measured by the inhabitants who live in those areas. If they find the noise that is created in such an area pestering, the environmental worth will presumably decrease rapidly.

Akeron Wrote:
[...] but cities don't exactly cover the majority of physical surface area. [...]

Umm... Yes, that's true - but that doesn't even matter. What matters is the PERSONAL catchment area of the inhabitants - which can be (nationwide in all western countries) encountered much more frequently AND (because of a better infrastructure) used to be way more extended in cities than in the country.

Akeron Wrote:
[...] I should have just sat this task out like I did before. Any government response to church bells is huge overkill one way or another, and the inability of a government to responsibly govern by customizing the terms of public address permission is absurd.

Actually, you could simply ban the use of church bells. It would increase your workers health as well as it would decrease the influence of religion on your state.

Akeron Wrote:
I agree, the most harmless option to this task is when the bells are sold as scrap. But yes, the issue of this task I have never heared of, both in society or TV. It is not percieved as a problem, if it's percieved at all.

Well, in Germany and Switzerland for example it is a problem, because churches are explicitly allowed to pollute the environment with noise.

Unkas Wrote:
Well, in Germany and Switzerland for example it is a problem, because churches are explicitly allowed to pollute the environment with noise.

Not only churches: I find the noise of "screaming" Muezzins as well disturbing as church bells. It would probably be better to just ban EVERY religious disturbance like that - it should not be possible to hold on such anachronistic traditions in secular states. JM2C.

Right, I forgot. Well, there are exceptions concerning noise pollution for religous groups. For no plausible reason.

Liberty Valence Wrote:
Not only churches: I find the noise of "screaming" Muezzins as well disturbing as church bells. It would probably be better to just ban EVERY religious disturbance like that - it should not be possible to hold on such anachronistic traditions in secular states. JM2C.

Or you could just get thermopane glass windows Wink

Reference URL's