Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »

Budgtet, Economy

CAR12345
Unregistered

Budgtet, Economy

What are PE payments, Pensions?NoplanGrooveMotzumpfVangryDaumenhochHahahaLachwegHmmJajaBig GrinCoolWinkSmileTongueTongueTongueNonoNonoApplaus:

10.07.2013 16:16
Quote this message in a reply
Panther23
Posting Freak

Words count: 187,181
Group: Basic
Experience: 94648
Glory Points: 135
Medals: 8

RE: Budgtet, Economy

PE Payments is AFAIR the yearly contribution to your alliance, also war costs if you're in a world.

PE Pensions is the money paid to senior citizens after they retire.

10.07.2013 17:05
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CAR12345
Unregistered

My state:http://www.ars-regendi.com/state/144310/show.html is doing GREAT.. But, should I do Universal healthCare or will it be too expensive and cause my budget surplus to go down? Please help.. And you should check out my state, is it good economically? Thanks NoplanApplaus

10.07.2013 19:12
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

CAR12345 Wrote:
My state:http://www.ars-regendi.com/state/144310/show.html is doing GREAT.. But, should I do Universal healthCare or will it be too expensive and cause my budget surplus to go down? Please help.. And you should check out my state, is it good economically? Thanks NoplanApplaus

Universal Health care reform reduces acquisition tax and increases PE health. If you'll implement it, you'll going to run a budget deficit, which won't kill you. Smile
Your debt to GDP ratio is 44,9%. It's nothing. Besides, if you implement the Pacifism reform, you'll have plenty of money from a reduced PE Defense. Since you're running a classic state, no one is going to invade you. Better to put that money in other things - more spending or lower fiscality. You're choice.

On a side note for real economics - a government with monetary sovereignty, indebted in its own currency cannot go bankrupt. And as for balanced budgets, they cause recessions. The surplus of the private sector is built on the deficit of the government sector, and vice-versa. The government deficit means net financial assets for the private sector - excess reserves which the banks work to transform into loans and deposits.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
10.07.2013 19:34
Panther23
Posting Freak

Words count: 187,181
Group: Basic
Experience: 94648
Glory Points: 135
Medals: 8

Quote:
On a side note for real economics - a government with monetary sovereignty, indebted in its own currency cannot go bankrupt. And as for balanced budgets, they cause recessions. The surplus of the private sector is built on the deficit of the government sector, and vice-versa. The government deficit means net financial assets for the private sector - excess reserves which the banks work to transform into loans and deposits.

Does AR simulate this accordingly? I didn't know that. I was always trying to balance budged and get a positive debt.

10.07.2013 19:38
Helsworth
Heathen

Panther23 Wrote:
Does AR simulate this accordingly? I didn't know that. I was always trying to balance budged and get a positive debt.

AR gets two main things arbitrary - as the debt grows and reaches 300% of GDP, the virtual populace automatically gets angry at the regent, no matter how awesome your economic and social stats are.
The other thing is that, as the debt grows past that level, the interest rate keeps going upwards - even if you manually change it in winter. In real life, there's nothing to stop the government from keeping interest rate near 0 or 0 - if it wishes to do that.
And third, if you manage to run huge deficits, despite already being at full employment, that money simply gets saved by the people. I've tried this with a few USA template states, going crazy with the budget deficit, and in the end, people would simply pile up the money without spending it. So I didn't have demand side inflation or currency depreciation.
Other weaker template states, such as Columbia for instance, are too weird in behavior to react realistically. It behaves strange even when you do easy reforms such negative income tax.

This post was last modified: 10.07.2013 19:51 by Helsworth.

10.07.2013 19:49
CAR12345
Unregistered

How do I have a trade postive balance? I highered tarrifs. And I did Flat Income Tax. I support Universal HealthCare, but is it going to be expensive, by anychance? On one old post, it said it cost a trillion dollars?!!???!!Noplan And based on my state, is it looking good economically? Please comment... Pfeif And how do I lower unemoplyment, 4% to like 1% in the long-term, and keep inflation from 2 to 3%?
I have four high-alert tasks, because I changed my budget, and implented flat tax reform, so can you help me guys?

10.07.2013 20:08
Helsworth
Heathen

CAR12345 Wrote:
How do I have a trade postive balance? I highered tarrifs. And I did Flat Income Tax. I support Universal HealthCare, but is it going to be expensive, by anychance? On one old post, it said it cost a trillion dollars?!!???!!Noplan And based on my state, is it looking good economically? Please comment... Pfeif And how do I lower unemoplyment, 4% to like 1% in the long-term, and keep inflation from 2 to 3%?
I have four high-alert tasks, because I changed my budget, and implented flat tax reform, so can you help me guys?

What a country consumes, minus its exports, plus what the world sends to it is net wealth. Currently, you're a net exporter of aggregate demand. If you want to be a net importer of aggregate demand (net exporter of goods), you'll have to do it via task option, and by focusing fiscality on consumption. If you're going to run a budget deficit, it's better you run it at a lower interest rate. The minimum achievable is 1%.
Universal health care is going to be expensive, but if you implement the Pacifism reform, you're not going to feel it.
There are a lot of answers to these questions and others ones in the forums - just use the search function.
As for the high priority tasks, you'll have to do them next quarter.

This post was last modified: 10.07.2013 20:23 by Helsworth.

10.07.2013 20:22
CAR12345
Unregistered

Thank You, I know about how surplus affect private sector, but I really want my debt to be paid off COMPETLEY to make sure the next genreation does not pay for it. Then, no more surplus, just a balnced budget to help the private sector. And I cant implent Pacifism because, even though im a classic state, in real life,Pacifism could not happen, Im trying to make this game as realstic as possible. SO, with the Universal Healthcare can I balnce my budget in the long term, I already now know it is expensive. But, the govt has every right to keep its people healthy and give them a decent life!

10.07.2013 20:32
Helsworth
Heathen

CAR12345 Wrote:
Thank You, I know about how surplus affect private sector, but I really want my debt to be paid off COMPETLEY to make sure the next genreation does not pay for it. Then, no more surplus, just a balnced budget to help the private sector. And I cant implent Pacifism because, even though im a classic state, in real life,Pacifism could not happen, Im trying to make this game as realstic as possible. SO, with the Universal Healthcare can I balnce my budget in the long term, I already now know it is expensive. But, the govt has every right to keep its people healthy and give them a decent life!

Again, future generations don't pay for the public debt. Government spending is NOT constrained by taxes. Taxation is the tool through which the government drains the economy of excess aggregate demand. If you want to make a real life simulation, you need to get your facts straight and understand how a currency sovereign (US, Japan, Cuba, Venezuela, UK, Iran, Israel, Turkey etc) operates. Public debt is not uttered to finance the deficit or public spending.

This post was last modified: 10.07.2013 20:39 by Helsworth.

10.07.2013 20:38
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Money supply and its influence on the economy MacJu 3 585 25.01.2021 11:45
Last Post: Errror42
  Jump Starting the Economy Sega 17 3,980 07.09.2015 00:30
Last Post: Edvard Kardelj
  Economy, Trade,Budget CAR12345 21 4,989 24.07.2013 09:17
Last Post: Helsworth