Experience: 811
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Narodistan
Obreretania
Cool  Communism Achieved!

Quote:
Quarter 31 - Summer 1998

The affairs of state of Narodistan, formerly GDR, were taken over by the regent Aspergerian in Autumn 1990. Observers classify the mid-size state as progressive communistic plutocracy, known for its low national debt and the high bureaucracy.

Most of the moderately educated and egalitarian citizens are very content with the circumstances. They have a reputation to be sportive and fair. Further they enjoy an outstanding infrastructure. Compared with other countries, the most distinctive difference is the Money supply.

The regent managed to improve his influence in comparison to previous year.

Narodistan is not a member of an alliance.

Okay. Obviously, my state has not actually achieved communism—Communism by definition implies the dissolution of the state, which has clearly not happened in my country—but the Soviet Republic of Narodistan is now described as communistic by the game.

It happened the moment I expropriated the nobility. Prior to this, I made water free of charge and abolished temporary employment. I also launched a rainforest preservation fund with an enlightenment campaign and refused to scapegoat anyone for the fire that burned down the parliament building (because the tasks with those options were unskippable), but I doubt either of those choices had an effect.

It seems a little too easy, given how many of my previous attempts at a communistic state ended in failure. But I am happy to have achieved my goal.

I am going to continue the current iterations of Narodistan and Obreretania for awhile to see if I can make them even more "communistic" and perhaps turn them into grassroots democracies—or even anarchist societies. Anarcho-communism FTW!Groove

https://www.ars-regendi.com/state/220523.../show.html

Edit: I should note that my state was founded on the GDR template, which may have made things easier. I wonder how much more difficult it would be to make a state based on the USA template communistic.

Every daring attempt to make a great change in existing conditions, every lofty vision of new possibilities for the human race, has been labelled Utopian. — Emma Goldman

This post was last modified: 08.07.2021 05:02 by Aspergerian.

08.07.2021 00:24
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Againstyou

Words count: 1,305
Group: Basic
Experience: 110

Samura
Kusari
RE: Communism Achieved!

Congrats. It's not an easy accomplishment to obtain the "communistic" adjective.

PS: Communism defined as a stateless and classless society is right on par with the mythical true capitalist society envisioned by Ayn Rand, a false and invalid concept according her own logic. The notion that the "State will wither away" or be reformed away is pure sophistry, and only fools believe in it.

This post was last modified: 08.07.2021 15:41 by Againstyou.

08.07.2021 15:35
Aspergerian

Words count: 1,210

Narodistan
Obreretania

Againstyou Wrote:
Communism defined as a stateless and classless society is right on par with the mythical true capitalist society envisioned by Ayn Rand, a false and invalid concept according her own logic. The notion that the "State will wither away" or be reformed away is pure sophistry, and only fools believe in it.

Do you have an actual argument to back up your assertion? Or are you just going to insult me?

For the record, I do not believe that the state will dissolve of its own accord. You simply chose to assume that this is what I believe. But if you are going to assert that the state will not wither away or that communism is not a classless, stateless society, the least you could do is provide an argument. Calling me a fool is not an argument, nor is linking to a critique of Ayn Rand.

Every daring attempt to make a great change in existing conditions, every lofty vision of new possibilities for the human race, has been labelled Utopian. — Emma Goldman

This post was last modified: 10.07.2021 01:38 by Aspergerian.

10.07.2021 01:31
Againstyou

Words count: 1,305
Experience: 110

Samura
Kusari

I didn't assume anything about you, nor did I call you a fool.
I said anyone who believed in the "state withering away" is a fool.
If I thought you believed this, I would have said "You're a fool for believing that."

I apologize for any confusion created.

10.07.2021 19:23
Aspergerian

Words count: 1,210

Narodistan
Obreretania

Sorry for accusing you. When I saw the words 'sophistry' and 'fool' in a post responding to mine, I interpreted those words as directed towards me. That was my mistake.

This post was last modified: 13.07.2021 01:48 by Aspergerian.

13.07.2021 01:32
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites