Post Reply  Post Thread 

Drop in Civil rights after abolishing Death penalty?

hamma13

Words count: 5,191
Group: Premium
Experience: 575
Glory Points: 10
Medals: 1

USA tickless
Ontario
Carolina
Drop in Civil rights after abolishing Death penalty?

After abolishing the death penalty and opting for the therapy option (other options were death penalty, torture as punishment and forced labor) my civil rights index dropped. only other things i did was the task "fire destroyed parliament building", which i didn't pin on anybody, and initiate personal rapid transit project. i don't get it. how can abolishing the death penalty decrease my civil rights index? or was it randomly decreased?

06.08.2017 08:11
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrProper
天皇

Words count: 318,362
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 179227
Glory Points: 3332
Medals: 81

Hammerfest
Dai Nippon
Svalbard
Zyten
AlBacha
RE: Drop in Civil rights after abolishing Death penalty?

I think this is one of the dilemma tasks where no option is actually a good solution. If I remember correctly, all options somehow violate civil rights - either on the victims side, or of the accused.

Will the option you picked seems to be good on first glance, it is actually a trap. It should be pointed out that person speaking may be a member of human rights organization, but all he demands is theraphy and rehabilitation. The word "punishment" is not used at all. For example, the mass murder mentioned in the task who raped 52 young woman and tortured them to death may be set free after a year of therapy (if he is considered to be ready to return as productive member of the society).

In that particular example, the rights of the affected families are violated, and on the other hand we know that therapies are not always successful, sometimes leading to the death of more innocent people.

富国強兵

Welt Essen
Xu Liu - President of the peoples republic of Shenzhou | Präsident der Volksrepublik Shenzhou
Kim Jong Boom - President of the peoples republic of Indochina | Präsident der Volksrepublik Indochina
21.09.2017 23:08
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Abolishing child benefits and Basic Income hamma13 1 742 08.08.2017 09:29
Last Post: Malone
  massive popularity drop in Iran over liberal policies Lukaszp 1 494 19.02.2017 17:51
Last Post: Helsworth
  Penalty tax Richard Wilson 2 1,008 01.06.2016 11:02
Last Post: Lord Alexander
  Popularity drop to ZERO overnight Amado Lidl 2 818 22.05.2015 21:05
Last Post: Theolor

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites