Group: Basic
Experience: 269
Glory Points: 100
Medals: 1

RE: Economic of my state

yangusbeef Wrote:
How/why is my economy not crashing?
http://www.ars-regendi.com/rid102093/state/189308

What do you think would cause it to crash, out of curiosity? The only thing that I see that is slightly concerning is the disconnect between your GDP and money supply (not enough supply). The citizens are getting the cost of living (and then some) from the government, and you have a really low unemployment, so I'm not sure what you think would cause it to collapse. If anything, I'd expect your economy to skyrocket once you get a larger money supply (considering the growth it is having without enough money supply).

If you are referencing the debt, last I knew (from a few years ago mind you), the populace is rather tolerant of it until you are a few multiples above what your GDP is. (ie, somewhere around $24trillion). It may have changed since then though (but Vault 111 seems to be affirming my memories, though that could be a combo of debt and high urgency tasks).

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
(By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under Liberty.)
If the opposite of pro is con, what is the opposite of progress?
Congress.
19.10.2015 01:07
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yangusbeef
Unregistered

Snorunt30 Wrote:

yangusbeef Wrote:

What do you think would cause it to crash, out of curiosity? The only thing that I see that is slightly concerning is the disconnect between your GDP and money supply (not enough supply). The citizens are getting the cost of living (and then some) from the government, and you have a really low unemployment, so I'm not sure what you think would cause it to collapse. If anything, I'd expect your economy to skyrocket once you get a larger money supply (considering the growth it is having without enough money supply).

If you are referencing the debt, last I knew (from a few years ago mind you), the populace is rather tolerant of it until you are a few multiples above what your GDP is. (ie, somewhere around $24trillion). It may have changed since then though (but Vault 111 seems to be affirming my memories, though that could be a combo of debt and high urgency tasks).

I am not disconnected about my Money Supply(I have been increasing it as much as I can each budget change.) I am mainly concerned about debt, since my pervious states seemed to have crashed because of it. Also, should I decrease or increase interest rates? I am unsure of how it affects my economy.

19.10.2015 01:22
Quote this message in a reply
Snorunt30

Words count: 54,477

yangusbeef Wrote:

Snorunt30 Wrote:

yangusbeef Wrote:

I am not disconnected about my Money Supply(I have been increasing it as much as I can each budget change.) I am mainly concerned about debt, since my pervious states seemed to have crashed because of it. Also, should I decrease or increase interest rates? I am unsure of how it affects my economy.

I didn't mean you disconnected the money supply, sorry if it came across that way. I meant they weren't roughly the same.

Anyway, debt by itself isn't a huge problem unless it gets out of hand. In this case it isn't out of hand yet. Someone who hasn't been gone for some time may be able to help you more with it (I just recently returned from a one to two year hiatus), but you shouldn't really see any problems relating to that debt for a bit (but if your economy keeps expanding, you may not end up with a problem at all, depending on if it brings more income for you with it). The only problem I can see stemming from your debt, at the moment at least, isn't from your economy, but instead your citizens getting angry and deselecting you (but they seem pretty happy with you at the moment, so I wouldn't be concerned just yet).

Regarding interest rates, I personally try to drop them as low as I can while in debt, since it lowers your debt payments (if memory serves at least), and then I stay there (I try to avoid positive state debt). Others would probably have you get it to the minimum value until you reached no debt and raise it from there, but I don't think you'll be able to get to no debt with Basic Income spending as it is.

Hope that helps.

Congress.

This post was last modified: 19.10.2015 01:42 by Snorunt30.

19.10.2015 01:42
yangusbeef
Unregistered

Snorunt30 Wrote:

yangusbeef Wrote:

Snorunt30 Wrote:

yangusbeef Wrote:

I didn't mean you disconnected the money supply, sorry if it came across that way. I meant they weren't roughly the same.

Anyway, debt by itself isn't a huge problem unless it gets out of hand. In this case it isn't out of hand yet. Someone who hasn't been gone for some time may be able to help you more with it (I just recently returned from a one to two year hiatus), but you shouldn't really see any problems relating to that debt for a bit (but if your economy keeps expanding, you may not end up with a problem at all, depending on if it brings more income for you with it). The only problem I can see stemming from your debt, at the moment at least, isn't from your economy, but instead your citizens getting angry and deselecting you (but they seem pretty happy with you at the moment, so I wouldn't be concerned just yet).

Regarding interest rates, I personally try to drop them as low as I can while in debt, since it lowers your debt payments (if memory serves at least), and then I stay there (I try to avoid positive state debt). Others would probably have you get it to the minimum value until you reached no debt and raise it from there, but I don't think you'll be able to get to no debt with Basic Income spending as it is.

Hope that helps.

Will exponentially increasing basic income be worth it? My goal, from a taxes standpoint, is to make them as low as possible. Should I advert from that Plan?

19.10.2015 01:46
Snorunt30

yangusbeef Wrote:
Will exponentially increasing basic income be worth it? My goal, from a taxes standpoint, is to make them as low as possible. Should I advert from that Plan?

In theory, it could work (assuming you are aiming at consumption based taxes), as long as you keep basic income just low enough where your entire populace doesn't decide to simply stop working Pfeif. In all honesty, just go for it, the worst that happens is things don't work out so well and you learn from the attempt (for use in future attempts) Smile. It seems like your populace likes what you are doing anyway, and unemployment is low, so there shouldn't be any problems for a fair amount of time (especially with the growth rate you have).

Congress.
19.10.2015 01:54
yangusbeef
Unregistered

Snorunt30 Wrote:

yangusbeef Wrote:

In theory, it could work (assuming you are aiming at consumption based taxes), as long as you keep basic income just low enough where your entire populace doesn't decide to simply stop working Pfeif. In all honesty, just go for it, the worst that happens is things don't work out so well and you learn from the attempt (for use in future attempts) Smile. It seems like your populace likes what you are doing anyway, and unemployment is low, so there shouldn't be any problems for a fair amount of time (especially with the growth rate you have).

It appears that my current basic income only accounts for 1/3rd of the current capita. As long as the economy keeps growing and I keep lowering operating costs for businesses, it shouldn't come to fruition. Tongue
Anyway, thank you for help.

19.10.2015 02:11
Snorunt30

yangusbeef Wrote:

Snorunt30 Wrote:

yangusbeef Wrote:

It appears that my current basic income only accounts for 1/3rd of the current capita. As long as the economy keeps growing and I keep lowering operating costs for businesses, it shouldn't come to fruition. Tongue
Anyway, thank you for help.

No problem, and good luck with your endeavor. You are certainly more successful with basic income than I had been the times I tried it Hehe.

Congress.
19.10.2015 02:15
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

@Snorunt,
So glad to have you back, man.

This is another aspect of AR that needs addressing. They don't dell us what their Money Supply tab actually measures. In any case, in real life, the Money Supply grows and contracts endogenously according to nongov sector economic behavior. So such lags between GDP & MS don't exist, but again, it depends what you're defining as the Money Supply. If you're defining it as M3, it will be above GDP. If you're defining it as MZM, it will be below GDP.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 19.10.2015 10:10 by Helsworth.

19.10.2015 10:09
Lord Alexander
Comrade

Words count: 238,210
Experience: 616
Glory Points: 146
Medals: 4

yangusbeef Wrote:

Currently Basic Income is regularly causing bugs that destroy the affected state. To minimize the risk of triggering such bugs I strongly recommend you to change it every Winter only by small steps.

19.10.2015 10:57
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  How do i find a country/state? Gagamehl 0 19 Today 06:46
Last Post: Gagamehl
  Economic growth velazquez 4 430 02.08.2020 05:30
Last Post: dragonflare89
  Economic collapse budget deficit ahmadbinsultan 1 511 08.07.2020 11:58
Last Post: MrProper
  Reset Indices - World State JambalayaSam 6 547 13.05.2020 14:46
Last Post: MrProper
  Tickless State velazquez 3 504 28.04.2020 23:29
Last Post: velazquez
  General review if my state Magnani 1 406 28.04.2020 19:52
Last Post: JambalayaSam
  How to move to next quater in Tickless State? ThaMadd 2 605 26.07.2019 07:32
Last Post: optimus rex
  78,000% Economic Growth JambalayaSam 2 752 01.07.2019 23:09
Last Post: JambalayaSam
  Could you, please reset my state, Egypt, to quarter 47? essam.hassanein 2 866 22.07.2018 21:30
Last Post: essam.hassanein
  How is the state of my economy right now? Kakatiya 3 1,596 25.12.2015 03:25
Last Post: Burkean

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites