Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,963
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

RE: Economical problems

Btw I wouldn't do the cure for cancer project, here a couple of reasons why not to do it:
-after you finish it, it gives a massive blow to your GDP
-it is very costly
-in this game the minim mortality rate is 0.40%, you can reach it without cure for cancer, I have reached 0.40% long ago, without having high health care indexes (it's because of my huge free time I guess)/
Still want to tackle this project? Pfeif

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 02.03.2010 12:42 by Helsworth.

02.03.2010 12:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hohol

Words count: 2,800
Group: Basic
Experience: 19
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Helsworth Wrote:
(it's because of my huge free time I guess)/
Pfeif

Helsworth for prime minister?Big Grin

02.03.2010 12:44
fliboflasm
Unregistered

Quote:
But where's the hell march in that

You have a good point there. There could be all kinds of cool music for a doomsday scenario like that with the robots going haywire and declaring war on humans Zylon .

As far as the cure for cancer project I had taken those factors into consideration. My last remaining question about the project is will it improve the health of my regent? This one is the most critical reason why I would do it. If not- then the odds of me doing it plummet. The only remaining reasons to do it would be for ego and progress reasons.
As far as my overall health scores I want them maxed out into the green and mine are only halfway there- but yet my mortality rate is down to 53 and knowing that you don't have to max out the health index sure is curious.
I never got a straight answer on if private or universal health care delivered superior care in the game and I went with private care. I especially liked the statement about having people take responsibility for their own health- but who knows how the game actually treats it? Even after enacting it my health scores weren't rising fast enough for my tastes so I started raising health spending anyways and created a "public option" hoping to raise the quality of the care.
I know that I can ease the post completion recession after it's completions by doing other projects and cutting it's budget towards the end- assuming that I even do it at all... With some of this new information I am going to have to think things over.

02.03.2010 15:50
Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,963
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

The best thing for your regent is the regimen option using your AR points; that and enough free time for your big statesman. As far as I know the big guys around here said that privatized health care works best. (and yes the health index rises too slow after this reform, but will rise up nonetheless)

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
02.03.2010 17:28
ystradband
Evolved!

Words count: 428,750
Group: World ruler
Experience: 1601730
Glory Points: 4327
Medals: 161

Valencia
Fes
Loule
Celona

fliboflasm Wrote:
My last remaining question about the project is will it improve the health of my regent?

Yes, it will increase regent health by around one-and-a-half points and add about 18 years to average life expectancy in your state. It does need to be carefully managed to ensure there is minimal economic fall out from making so many doctors, nurses and scientists unemployed at the end of it! Wink

Evolve!
02.03.2010 18:59
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Account Problems Mysteryman 3 316 07.01.2020 01:30
Last Post: Mysteryman
  Problems with Nominal interest and Exports Ardar 1 1,154 01.05.2014 06:45
Last Post: Helsworth

View a Printable Version