Post Reply  Post Thread 

Effects of immigration?

thepresidentmaN
Unregistered

Effects of immigration?

In a recent task I opted to remove all restrictions on immigration. I am now very worried that I might not be able to support unrestricted immigration. Does anyone know the exact effects on your economy and if there is anything in the budget that you can change to reduce the impact?

09.12.2013 02:15
Quote this message in a reply
chad7405
Unregistered

RE: Effects of immigration?

thepresidentmaN Wrote:
In a recent task I opted to remove all restrictions on immigration. I am now very worried that I might not be able to support unrestricted immigration. Does anyone know the exact effects on your economy and if there is anything in the budget that you can change to reduce the impact?

I'm not an expert on the game matrix, but as far as I know it raises unemployment and crime a little (since a bunch of slum people are coming to your country now and mooching off welfare) PE welfare increases because and for the poor immigrants who just "show up", and lastly it causes rapid population growth which isn't necessarily bad, but it may cause overpopulation in the long run along with lower standard of knowledge and wealth distribution, since, again, a bunch of poor people seek asylum in your country now. Hope this helps... Make the most of it by giving them jobs and money along with crime crackdown and these immigrants can actually be useful though; its what you do with the immigrants that matters so try to please the masses! Juerg42x50

09.12.2013 02:38
thepresidentmaN
Unregistered

chad7405 Wrote:

thepresidentmaN Wrote:

I'm not an expert on the game matrix, but as far as I know it raises unemployment and crime a little (since a bunch of slum people are coming to your country now and mooching off welfare) PE welfare increases because and for the poor immigrants who just "show up", and lastly it causes rapid population growth which isn't necessarily bad, but it may cause overpopulation in the long run along with lower standard of knowledge and wealth distribution, since, again, a bunch of poor people seek asylum in your country now. Hope this helps... Make the most of it by giving them jobs and money along with crime crackdown and these immigrants can actually be useful though; its what you do with the immigrants that matters so try to please the masses! Juerg42x50

Okay, that's about what I thought would happen. So I just work on employing them, educating them, and generally helping them be productive and I should be fine. Thank you for the fast response, I do believe this helps!

09.12.2013 03:00
chad7405
Unregistered

thepresidentmaN Wrote:

chad7405 Wrote:

thepresidentmaN Wrote:

Okay, that's about what I thought would happen. So I just work on employing them, educating them, and generally helping them be productive and I should be fine. Thank you for the fast response, I do believe this helps!

Cool i took a very nationalistic anti-foreigner approach to my main state schmoll(Chanada) cause i could, post back with what happens to spending and standard of knowledge and stuff i am curious about what happens with so many immigrants since all mine are like 95+% Chanadian Drink

09.12.2013 03:22
thepresidentmaN
Unregistered

chad7405 Wrote:

thepresidentmaN Wrote:

chad7405 Wrote:

thepresidentmaN Wrote:

Cool i took a very nationalistic anti-foreigner approach to my main state schmoll(Chanada) cause i could, post back with what happens to spending and standard of knowledge and stuff i am curious about what happens with so many immigrants since all mine are like 95+% Chanadian Drink

Alright, I'll do that. I'll update you on it tomorow.

09.12.2013 04:15
thepresidentmaN
Unregistered

Alright I have compiled some figures before and after I removed all immigration restrictions. The main things I noticed were: Unemployment increased by a fair amount Sad, the GINI increased, and obviously immigration increased by a HUGE amount. Strangely, the standard of knowledge and crime rate remained exactly the same.

BEFORE:------------------------------------AFTER:
Immigration: 0.71%--------------------------Immigration: 0.94%
Migration: 0.12%----------------------------Migration: 013%
Unemployed: 5.65%-------------------------Unemployed: 7.75%
GINI*: 0.32---------------------------------GINI*: 0.33
Economy Growth: -1.42%--------------------Economy Growth: 1.71%
GDP per Capita*2: 33,271--------------------GDP per Capita*2: 33,838
PE Welfare: 55.95 Bil.------------------------PE Welfare: 63.59 Bil.
PE Justice: 218.78 Bil.------------------------PE Justice: 221.53 Bil.
Standard of Knowledge: 50-------------------Standard of Knowledge: 50
Petty Offenses: 39---------------------------Petty Offenses: 39
Capital Crimes: 62----------------------------Capital Crimes: 62

*: GINI is a measurement of inequality. The lower it is the more equal everyone is.
*2: GDP per Capita is basically an estimate of how much one person contributes to the GDP.

10.12.2013 02:11
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Effects of Egal. Trans-Humanism beste 3 2,318 08.06.2021 08:19
Last Post: JulijsCezars
  Negative effects of high deficit spending and high national debt? Kakatiya 3 2,432 19.11.2015 19:24
Last Post: Helsworth
  Effects of Projects Vladimir_Lenin 8 3,747 28.02.2015 04:05
Last Post: Richard Wilson
  Universal healthcare reform misleading in description and effects Helsworth 7 2,723 14.09.2012 16:23
Last Post: Sheep
  Effects of Laicism and Administration Reform Furqan 32 10,504 11.09.2012 00:48
Last Post: Furqan
  Effects of Totalitarianism beste 1 4,053 13.01.2012 05:58
Last Post: Helsworth

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites