beste
Christian Humanist

Words count: 148,240
Group: Basic
Experience: 203
Glory Points: 20
Medals: 2

Effects of Totalitarianism

Does totalitarianism cancel out elections? I mean it says legislative and judicial authorities have been abolished in favor of me so I'm assuming there are no more elections that matter. It would seem foolish to have a totalitarianism reform if you were still at the mercy of elections.

Also, shouldn't totalitarianism greatly reduce bureaucracy but increase statism?

"I do not wish to think, or speak, or write, with moderation. . . . I am in earnest -- I will not equivocate -- I will not excuse -- I will not retreat a single inch -- AND I WILL BE HEARD." - William Lloyd Garrison, Abolitionist
13.01.2012 03:40
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

RE: Effects of Totalitarianism

beste Wrote:
Does totalitarianism cancel out elections? I mean it says legislative and judicial authorities have been abolished in favor of me so I'm assuming there are no more elections that matter. It would seem foolish to have a totalitarianism reform if you were still at the mercy of elections.

Also, shouldn't totalitarianism greatly reduce bureaucracy but increase statism?

As I know, elections still happen, though there is no risk of deselection, only assassination attempts, military coups or invasions, depending on your international rep and nr of extremists. As for your last question. The reform strictly talks about the 3 powers. A totalitarist regime does not necessarily have a smaller bureaucracy than a democratic regime. The economic aspects of that totalitarist regime are yours to implement. Either left wing or right wing versions of totalitarism.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
13.01.2012 05:58
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Effects of Egal. Trans-Humanism beste 3 2,079 08.06.2021 08:19
Last Post: JulijsCezars
  Negative effects of high deficit spending and high national debt? Kakatiya 3 2,293 19.11.2015 19:24
Last Post: Helsworth
  Effects of Projects Vladimir_Lenin 8 3,586 28.02.2015 04:05
Last Post: Richard Wilson
  Effects of immigration? thepresidentmaN 5 1,811 10.12.2013 02:11
Last Post: thepresidentmaN
  Universal healthcare reform misleading in description and effects Helsworth 7 2,586 14.09.2012 16:23
Last Post: Sheep
  Effects of Laicism and Administration Reform Furqan 32 9,946 11.09.2012 00:48
Last Post: Furqan

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites