Spectre48
The Potentate

Words count: 338
Group: Basic
Experience: 143
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Few General Questions

Hey guys, I'm loving the game so far, though I'm pretty disappointed that I have no graphs available after the first few days. That was quite the immersion killer for me. Many of those who focus more on the graphs and comparisons to the past might turn away from the game at that point. I would suggest making the graphs free, or at least give us an ability to compare with our previous quarters easily, and coming up with some other pay options. Anyways, I digress - on to the questions.

1. Simply put, how am I doing? I'm more interested in my US template, since it's a few days older. Is there any pressing concern that I'm missing, or anything I should be doing that I'm not?

2. Exactly what do the task groupings mean? I understand that rights means rights, but what about economy, administration, etc? They're very generalized.

3. I notice a special action for reform propaganda, but the reforms I've passed, I've passed without much (apparent) opposition. How do I tell if a reform will be opposed?

4. I got a task to establish a monarchy in my Germany template - is this only for this template, or is it possible to get on a US template? It's pretty cool.

18.08.2016 09:38
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrProper
帝国日本軍の指揮官

Words count: 318,363
Group: Premium
Experience: 175958
Glory Points: 2617
Medals: 66

Azuma Osutoraria
Thailand
Chosen
Mongol Uls
Mandschukuo
RE: Few General Questions

Spectre48 Wrote:
Hey guys, I'm loving the game so far, though I'm pretty disappointed that I have no graphs available after the first few days. That was quite the immersion killer for me. Many of those who focus more on the graphs and comparisons to the past might turn away from the game at that point. I would suggest making the graphs free [...]

It's understandably frustrating, in particular if you have a low budget. The problem is, however, that Ars Regendi is a niche game and a no point will ever be able to come close to the number of players other browser games, such as OGame or Travian, have. Asking for roundabout 2€ a month for having plots and playing without advertisements is one of the few ways for the developers to make some money. I personally bought the careless Premium package 2 years ago and never regretted that decision.

By the way: Occasionally there are competitions were on may win careless Premium or VIP for free.

Spectre48 Wrote:
1. Simply put, how am I doing? I'm more interested in my US template, since it's a few days older. Is there any pressing concern that I'm missing, or anything I should be doing that I'm not?

Your state is still pretty young, and hence your 'personal mark' on the state is not visible yet. You may want to address the debt of your state, the condition of the environment and the health of your citizen (via tasks and the budget).

Spectre48 Wrote:
2. Exactly what do the task groupings mean? I understand that rights means rights, but what about economy, administration, etc? They're very generalized.

The categories are supposed to give you an idea of what does tasks will mainly affect. A task related to economy may influence economy growth or inflation, a task related to administration may have an impact on spendings in PE-Administration and, for example, the bureaucracy value.

Spectre48 Wrote:
3. I notice a special action for reform propaganda, but the reforms I've passed, I've passed without much (apparent) opposition. How do I tell if a reform will be opposed?

Propagating a reform will lower the influence required for all reforms by 1. Hence, if you propagate a reform, the influence for the Judicial Reform (just to give an example) will lower from 6 to 5.

In general, the influence required for (most) reforms seems to be based on how likely it would be that such a reform would be implemented in average democratic state.

Spectre48 Wrote:
4. I got a task to establish a monarchy in my Germany template - is this only for this template, or is it possible to get on a US template? It's pretty cool.

Yes, since the pool of task is the same for all templates. However, the developers made their intention clear to implement specialized template dependend tasks at some point.

A small note: The task you refer to only allows you to establish a representative monarchy. However, it is possible to establish a 'true' monarchy via reform.

Welt Kevin
Oberste Führer Kim Jong-rim, amtierendes Staatsoberhaupt der Volksrepublik Großkorea

Per ardua ad astra“ - TheLastShah
18.08.2016 11:19
Spectre48
The Potentate

Words count: 338
Group: Basic
Experience: 143
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Thank you for your answers, Mr. Proper. Some of your answers have brought up a couple more questions.

First, how long does it take, in general, to be able to start seeing the effects of ones' actions on the country?

And second, my monarchy was eventually returned to democracy, with a sharp drop in power on the regent graph. Do task effects only last for a certain amount of time?

This post was last modified: 29.08.2016 00:08 by Spectre48.

29.08.2016 00:08
MrProper
帝国日本軍の指揮官

Words count: 318,363
Group: Premium
Experience: 175958
Glory Points: 2617
Medals: 66

Azuma Osutoraria
Thailand
Chosen
Mongol Uls
Mandschukuo

Spectre48 Wrote:
Thank you for your answers, Mr. Proper. Some of your answers have brought up a couple more questions.

Let us see if we can answer them. Smile

Spectre48 Wrote:
First, how long does it take, in general, to be able to start seeing the effects of ones' actions on the country?

For most tasks, you usually see the effect right in the following term after the tick. In a young state things keep changing constantly, but vice versa is true for old states where there is hardly any task left. Look at this old state of mine for example and compare the Chronology with the plot above - Langobardorum.

Spectre48 Wrote:
And second, my monarchy was eventually returned to democracy, with a sharp drop in power on the regent graph. Do task effects only last for a certain amount of time?

To second part of the question: Changes are usually permanent. And with respect to the first part: Power is supposed to reflect how autocratic your rule is and, therefore, how much of a dictator you are. Two examples: On one hand, if you make yourself a king (even if only representative) this value will obviously increase. On the other hand not hiring those regional press secretaries who would have tried to spread 'government propaganda' among your citizens decreased your power.

In conclusion: The power value you see in the regents tab is based on all previous tasks you solved and hence is a history of those decisions.

Welt Kevin
Oberste Führer Kim Jong-rim, amtierendes Staatsoberhaupt der Volksrepublik Großkorea

Per ardua ad astra“ - TheLastShah
29.08.2016 08:00
yangusbeef
Unregistered

For this game, your state is well shaped. Although, there is no benefit to having a balanced budget, as the game runs by the MMT delusion of infinite loans and inflation doesn't exist when using fiat currency, it is solely caused by supply and demand. Therefore, I personally recommend you considerably decrease your tariffs and excise taxes; they are hurting your imports and exports, both components to a successful economy. Your state is doing relatively well because of the high government spending; it doesn't factor corruption and government inefficiency. Everything runs perfectly, there is no such thing as human error, the people are being ruled by angels, and instead of dealing with a society with an infinite amount of lobbying groups and individuals, you are dealing with a single homologous society. In other words, you might as well decrease taxes and increase spending as much as you can every quarter as there are no repercussions. I will say you need to be somewhat careful, however. If your debt to GDP gets too high your people will become unhappy, but as long as you keep nominal interest low and welfare, subsidies, and pensions high it should be ok, as in this game even if your pension and welfare is 6 times the average income, nearly everyone will work, and you will end up with a ridiculous unemployment rate of about .23 percent.

As a recommendation, for a challenge, you should try at some point a Libertarian style government. As you can imagine, it is quite difficult as it doesn't exactly work well with the algorithms, but I will say at one point one of my Libertarian states got to 80 happiness.

29.08.2016 15:25
Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Budget Questions Nasra Rayah 4 1,029 03.07.2017 12:40
Last Post: MrProper
  Questions about taxation and other things yangusbeef 3 1,002 08.01.2016 11:03
Last Post: Helsworth
  FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions Sheep 14 38,833 30.08.2015 17:39
Last Post: Blue Wizard
  Noob Questions POTUSS 351 164,568 28.08.2015 18:37
Last Post: Ardar
  Questions about quarter changes(or is it daily?) dragonflare88 3 795 05.08.2015 00:33
  Questions... LaughyCloud 1 902 01.03.2014 10:04
  Multiple Game Related Questions CaiusFilimon 6 1,098 31.01.2014 17:33
Last Post: Rising Phoenix
At 3 Questions insidious0192 1 1,077 14.07.2013 10:37
Last Post: schari3
  Common Questions About the Game Sgt.Pepper 92 23,793 10.03.2013 20:47
  Questions about Budget and Economy Furqan 3 1,653 21.09.2012 21:40

View a Printable Version