Post Reply  Post Thread 

A few simple steps to restore the American Economy to greatness again

yangusbeef
Unregistered

A few simple steps to restore the American Economy to greatness again

Steps to restoring the American Economy:

The first step is to make politicians pay their debts no longer. The second step is to reform the Federal Reserve: make its appointees subject to a super majority of the senate rather than a small majority. The third step is to enact the Bill "Inexpensive money." The bill annually forces the Federal Reserve to reduce the value of the USD by 10% every year, the penalty for not achieving this will be a recall election for the head of the Board of Governors, who normally keeps his or her office for over a decade. If it is a simple majority for yes, then the Vice President will have the final say. The president will then choose a new candidate, and these new candidates will be subject to normal approving. This is designed to control money inflation that has hurt our export-focus factories. However, the trade off will be more expensive imported goods, as it will become more expensive for American companies to purchase foreign currency for purchase. But likewise, American goods will be cheaper overseas. I recommend a bill because at some point it may become prudent to relatively quickly make it null in the future. The growth created by this bill will decrease the deficit but it won't increase annual inflation. I do not recommend an international gold standard because a stable currency is imprudent, and it hampers the private sector and the Fed in creating money, perhaps during imprudent times. The fifth step is to normalize income taxes, to prevent tax exploits that many people and businesses use to pay less taxes than people of similar conditions. The sixth step is the large one, the goal is to enact the "good intentions" bill. The goal of the bill is to annihilate federal policies that cause more harm than good to the economy. One example is the student aid program, as it creates more debtors than creditors, only to enforce the cartel on universities. I describe it as a cartel because, for one, it offers economically useless degrees for an obscene price, controls the "college board," a board which control, essentially, who can be legitimate universities and who cannot. Obviously, it is more reluctant to approve cheap online universities that offer the same quality for a lower price. Also, despite price gouging, most new revenues, according to the economist, are going to administrators and new fancy athletic facilities, not the education, and it is an absolute disgrace that the federal government subsidizes that through guaranteed loans. The goal of the bill is to eliminate 450 Billion USD16 in federal spending. The next policy is going to be an amendment, called the "deficit" amendment. The amendment will state that politicians in Washington may only run a deficit larger than 1% of GDP for 10 years, 24 years if in times of warfare. (Ten years because that's the maximum time a president may be in office, and that is typically how long it takes for an economy to recover from a recession. If, for example, peace is declared 14 years into war, then politicians will be required to balance the budget by the end of the current year.) This will, of course, also put a 24 year cap on warfare - which I'm sure most citizens would agree to. If it is not reduced, then all Congressional politicians will be subject to a recall election. The amendment does not affect state governments. It is the responsibility of the people, of course, that this amendment is enforced. It likely won't pass Congress, but there is also state legislatures and the people at large - a national convention. Overall, to summarize, the debt is to be eliminated by reverted to our previously smithsonian - conservative ways - guaranteed freedom, limited government, and a responsibility of the government to have a close to balanced budget. I will add that the budget used to be balanced because of the gold standard, now that the gold standard is gone and it imprudent to bring it back, the aforementioned amendment is recommendable. I am sorry for not being specific, but first comes philosophy, then comes policy, and then finally results.

21.11.2016 18:12
Quote this message in a reply
VineFynn
Lord Protector

Words count: 14,196
Group: Basic
Experience: 132
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

RE: A few simple steps to restore the American Economy to greatness again

Everything else aside: You can't have independent monetary policy, a fixed exchange rate, and free movement of capital. You'll have to restrict capital movement to achieve what you're aiming for.

I'm leaving and probably never coming back, so thanks for the interesting discussions I guess, dunno why im writing this nobody even irl gives a toss about me anyway
06.12.2016 23:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yangusbeef
Unregistered

VineFynn Wrote:
Everything else aside: You can't have independent monetary policy, a fixed exchange rate, and free movement of capital. You'll have to restrict capital movement to achieve what you're aiming for.

I'm not advocating for a fixed exchange rate. I'm advocating for the Federal Reserve to be more competitive against Chinese aggression, and if they fail to do so then they need a new job.

I've submitted my ideas to the U.S. government. We'll see what happens.

10.12.2016 02:03
VineFynn
Lord Protector

Words count: 14,196
Group: Basic
Experience: 132
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

yangusbeef Wrote:

VineFynn Wrote:

I'm not advocating for a fixed exchange rate. I'm advocating for the Federal Reserve to be more competitive against Chinese aggression, and if they fail to do so then they need a new job.

You're gunning for a low exchange rate and a particular level of inflation. Respectively, that's fixing the exchange rate and sovereign monetary policy.

I'm leaving and probably never coming back, so thanks for the interesting discussions I guess, dunno why im writing this nobody even irl gives a toss about me anyway
10.12.2016 09:53
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
yangusbeef
Unregistered

VineFynn Wrote:

yangusbeef Wrote:

VineFynn Wrote:

You're gunning for a low exchange rate and a particular level of inflation. Respectively, that's fixing the exchange rate and sovereign monetary policy.

It will only be fixed if the other banks are non-competitive... Which they aren't. And no, I'm not fixing it. If they believe it is imprudent to devalue the dollar, then it is the duty of Congress to reinstate the head. Let's just say it _influences_ the monetary policy to be geared towards competitive devaluation.

14.12.2016 16:13
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  [The Economist] American taxes are unusually progressive. Government spending is not. Ajay Alcos 0 557 27.11.2017 15:56
Last Post: Ajay Alcos
  Methods for teaching simple economics Ajay Alcos 2 901 07.03.2016 17:47
Last Post: Ajay Alcos
  My view on how to fix the US economy(with some added assumptions and perspectives:) yangusbeef 7 1,378 27.02.2016 18:13
Last Post: Helsworth
  The Great American Delusion yangusbeef 3 902 15.02.2016 16:17
  Economy relies on excess debt in order to bootstrap Helsworth 0 1,048 16.12.2015 22:38
  The "Angry Birds" Approach to Understanding Deficits in the Modern Economy Helsworth 0 1,358 16.06.2015 22:30
  Ann Pettifor on Europe & Dean Baker on the US economy Helsworth 0 828 08.01.2015 18:02
  How to Fuel the Economy Without Increasing Debt Helsworth 2 1,475 21.07.2014 09:06
Toungue economy tonig 1 751 10.04.2014 18:41
  The Green Economy and China's Economic Development Helsworth 1 1,000 27.01.2014 18:02
Last Post: TriniSary7

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites