Post Reply  Post Thread 

Fusion power

chad7405
Unregistered

Fusion power

What does this do in AR? It's somwhat costly, but it takes 90 turns and lots of progress and the description doesn't provide that much and I haven't seen anyone do it; From the description it sounds like it's good for power supply and stuff, so does that mean lower energy costs? More exports? better environment? In real life, the benefits for realizing Nuclear Fusion for a power supply would be incredible for many reasons. However, what does it do in the game? I want to know what I'm getting myself into if I dive headlong into a 90 turn project! Suspect

19.01.2014 05:51
Quote this message in a reply
Rising Phoenix
Unregistered

RE: Fusion power

My guess is that you get a significant economy boost coupled with smaller improvements in infraestrusture, environment, capital and other areas. Really this should be the project to end all projects. Pfeif

19.01.2014 06:56
Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

The thing is, that one completes it so late on, when the state is already pretty old; and economic growth isn't all that present anymore. It's more of a plateau.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
19.01.2014 10:14
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Boudifle

Words count: 1,304
Group: Basic
Experience: 369
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

fusion power is interesting in term of game but usless in the real world. I personaly know inginers of the particuls accelerator in geneva. The answer is clear: no hope for this kind of energy at a productive scale for... ever!
It sounds more intelligent to develop the liquid fluoride thorium energy. More realistic even if it's difficult... better access to primery reserves, better cogeneration possibilities etc...
See you

19.01.2014 22:03
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Boudifle Wrote:
fusion power is interesting in term of game but usless in the real world. I personaly know inginers of the particuls accelerator in geneva. The answer is clear: no hope for this kind of energy at a productive scale for... ever!
It sounds more intelligent to develop the liquid fluoride thorium energy. More realistic even if it's difficult... better access to primery reserves, better cogeneration possibilities etc...
See you

Not sure about the word productive - the question is commercially viable. I don't know if things like laser fusion will make it or not. But I'm 100% for thorium and breeder reactors.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 19.01.2014 22:09 by Helsworth.

19.01.2014 22:09
fleischidambach
Kurfürst fleischidamach/Super Mod

Words count: 254,239
Group: Basic
Experience: 2372
Glory Points: 95
Medals: 6

Boudifle Wrote:
See you

I know a scientist, who is professor in South Korea and Austria, who would disagree on this opinion - and his main field is around hydrogen.

About the outcome of the project - I think your ecology and the prices for ressources are affected, but I am not that sure. I just take fusion power for fun, not for results.

Befreundet mit Girips

This post was last modified: 19.01.2014 23:30 by fleischidambach.

19.01.2014 23:29
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Fusion Power Project Blue Wizard 6 1,479 18.12.2014 11:25
Last Post: Helsworth
  Influence vs. Popularity vs. Power StatlerNWaldorf 2 1,469 21.04.2013 18:58
Last Post: Lord Alexander

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites