Co President of the Ros'Gaz Union State

Words count: 630,277
Group: Basic
Experience: 6238
Glory Points: 710
Medals: 26

Vlaxia
The Gazprom School of Economics - Miller Hall of Macroeconomics

Hello I'm Chairman Miller over from ya'lls favorite Corporate State...GAZPROM CORPORATION!

Well anyways, today I'm gonna give yah a few tips and tricks on how to effectively lover your budget deficit and/or expand your surplus. Also I'll be telling you how to lower living cost which will make your people happy happy happy! These things can only help not hurt and trust me I am a libertarian after all xD

Well First here what I want you to do, i'm debating about religion on facebook with some buddies so I gotta make this quick.

Cut Subsidies - Why? Because I said so trust me

Privatize! - Why? How dare you question the great Miller!

Customs Taxes? - You should effectively errase that options from your national budgets asap.....

Cut others and cut defense and your nation will be rolling in the benjamins in no time! Oh Oh Cut Aquistions and Cut ummm what is it called? Excise and be sure to lower your damn interest rate and slash up that tax on capital a bit don't you like jobs? Alright ya'll have a good day.

"Hitler wanted to destroy Russia, everyone needs to remember how that ended"

Vladimir Putin

This post was last modified: 03.11.2014 06:58 by Alexei B.Miller.

15.11.2011 23:52
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
beste
Christian Humanist

Words count: 148,240
Experience: 203
Glory Points: 20
Medals: 2

RE: Gazprom School of Economic - How to reduce budget deficit and lower living standards!

I agree (more or less) to almost everything you say but please, don't ever use ya'll again.

Seriously.... Cool

"I do not wish to think, or speak, or write, with moderation. . . . I am in earnest -- I will not equivocate -- I will not excuse -- I will not retreat a single inch -- AND I WILL BE HEARD." - William Lloyd Garrison, Abolitionist
15.11.2011 23:59
Alexei B.Miller

Vlaxia
RE: Gazprom School of Economic - How to reduce budget deficit and lower living standards!

beste Wrote:
I agree (more or less) to almost everything you say but please, don't ever use ya'll again.

Seriously.... Cool

Spasibo

Vladimir Putin

16.11.2011 00:11
beste
Christian Humanist

Words count: 148,240
Experience: 203
Glory Points: 20
Medals: 2

what does spasibo mean?

"I do not wish to think, or speak, or write, with moderation. . . . I am in earnest -- I will not equivocate -- I will not excuse -- I will not retreat a single inch -- AND I WILL BE HEARD." - William Lloyd Garrison, Abolitionist
16.11.2011 01:22
Alexei B.Miller

Vlaxia

it means thank you, at least where you agree. I will not say ya'll anymore also Tongue

Vladimir Putin

16.11.2011 04:49
Titian
Benevolently Watching You

Words count: 557,754
Experience: 1706
Glory Points: 1364680
Medals: 5643

i disagree. at least in this game it is quite a nice source of icome to incase customs further and further after having introduces protectionism.
this also gives an incentive to the national economy to identify and utilize substitutes for gazprom gas.

"If you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow." (Yes, Minister)

16.11.2011 04:57
Alexei B.Miller

Vlaxia

Titian Wrote:
i disagree. at least in this game it is quite a nice source of icome to incase customs further and further after having introduces protectionism.
this also gives an incentive to the national economy to identify and utilize substitutes for gazprom gas.

Correct, our scholars indicate that restricting foreign competitions stifles the economy and raises the living cost since citizens don't have access to cheaper goods. Custom is that main cause of this and it should raises only when appropriate. We are allowing foreign competition to compete with our gas, but slowly since we subsidize our industries with the cheap fuel; it would be a grave mistake to immediately subject enterprises to normal market rates. The subsidies only slow the raise of the cost of living since restricting cheaper foreign goods from your markets will eventually take it's toll on your economy. So basically the Gazprom Board of Directors will be ending it's it 20 year stranglehold over the economy.

sidenote: None of my economic implementations have never failed me. I have always been right when putting my theories into practice. Statism hinders only.

Vladimir Putin

16.11.2011 05:18
Rising Phoenix
Unregistered

I have also been a pretty good mixed-economy statist, where most of the major industries were nationalized but small-scale capitalism was allowed. Wink

The key are not it's laws, but what they intend to do, how, and the effectiveness of the laws themselves as well as the state's capacity to enforce them.

16.11.2011 07:37
Quote this message in a reply
Alexei B.Miller

Vlaxia

Rising Phoenix Wrote:
I have also been a pretty good mixed-economy statist, where most of the major industries were nationalized but small-scale capitalism was allowed. Wink

The key are not it's laws, but what they intend to do, how, and the effectiveness of the laws themselves as well as the state's capacity to enforce them.

I think certain industries should be nationalized, but not at the expense of the state. If the state cannot run critical infrastructure at a profit or break-even or if the benefits do not totally outweigh the cost; they should be nationalized. Privatization frees up government assets that could be used for more useful ares such as infrastructure or tax decrease both which are proven ways to drive the economy. I have perfected the manner in which a state can be successful and profitable. I now have a booming surplus and am preparing to lower taxes across the board to increase employment and stimulate spending.

I am no longer worried about a balance of trade...why? Well the Libertarian thought is that free trade should always be encouraged. Any government intervention in the economy should be prohibited, as tariffs and such will hurt the consumer with increased prices. My government has taken the approach of pragmatism and prudence. Our role will be strictly in keeping the peace, providing essential services, and protection of rights.

Vladimir Putin

18.11.2011 16:14
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Alexei B.Miller Wrote:

Rising Phoenix Wrote:

I think certain industries should be nationalized, but not at the expense of the state. If the state cannot run critical infrastructure at a profit or break-even or if the benefits do not totally outweigh the cost; they should be nationalized. Privatization frees up government assets that could be used for more useful ares such as infrastructure or tax decrease both which are proven ways to drive the economy. I have perfected the manner in which a state can be successful and profitable. I now have a booming surplus and am preparing to lower taxes across the board to increase employment and stimulate spending.

I am no longer worried about a balance of trade...why? Well the Libertarian thought is that free trade should always be encouraged. Any government intervention in the economy should be prohibited, as tariffs and such will hurt the consumer with increased prices. My government has taken the approach of pragmatism and prudence. Our role will be strictly in keeping the peace, providing essential services, and protection of rights.

In reality, if your economy is dependent too much on foreign investment a financial crisis will really hurt your economy. I like to give Japan as a nice example, where all its debt is mostly in the hands of domestic investors.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
18.11.2011 16:19
Pages (22): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Economics is not a real science (xpost r/badphilosophy) gamora77 4 1,403 07.04.2020 22:37
Last Post: dragonflare89
  An Argument against Capitalist Economics ClassyCommunist 10 3,039 14.02.2017 18:30
Last Post: Ajay Alcos
  What is your opinion of the economics academia? Ajay Alcos 2 1,571 13.02.2017 22:08
  Macroeconomics in Germany: The forgotten lesson of Hjalmar Schacht Helsworth 1 1,423 27.01.2017 08:47
Last Post: VineFynn
  J is for Junk economics. Michael Hudson. Free market = Freedom from rent seekers Helsworth 1 1,513 22.11.2016 17:35
Last Post: yangusbeef
  Methods for teaching simple economics Ajay Alcos 2 1,570 07.03.2016 17:47
  Ibn Khaldun, pure awesome 14th century economics Helsworth 1 1,568 13.01.2016 07:37
  From Kenneth Boulding's Economics of Peace 1945 Helsworth 0 1,505 10.05.2015 12:53
Last Post: Helsworth
  Caius Filimon Gabriel Economics CaiusFilimonG 23 4,888 21.12.2014 10:14
Last Post: Alexei B.Miller
  Steve Keen, The Dodgy Dynamics of Economics Helsworth 0 1,752 15.06.2014 15:43
Last Post: Helsworth

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites