CaiusFilimon

Words count: 26,230
Group: Basic
Experience: 78
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

GDP Collapse

Heya peeps!

Back at it again with some weird game matrix stuff.

Seems like the great wall and staving off immigration fixed my issues. However, after having had the PERFECT state, my country https://www.ars-regendi.com/state/202270.../show.html lost 20/30 trillion GDP in a matter of a few quarters. Oh and unemployment sky rocketed in a couple quarters from 0.3% or so to 8%.

This is I think at least a decade after any reforms or significant tasks... any insights?

Much appreciated.

This post was last modified: 10.03.2017 20:55 by CaiusFilimon.

10.03.2017 20:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

RE: GDP Collapse

From what I know, the AR matrix is very sensitive to big changes. What most do when doing big budget projects is that they start cutting off the financing to avoid a sharp drop in expenditure after the project finishes. Were you in such a position? I don't think so, looking at your projects page.
As for unemployment rising, Living costs [?] 2,274 € per month vs Welfare 4,489.90 € pcm. I don't know for how long you've maintained this ratio, but I'm surprised your unemployment is not higher give the generous welfare. And once again you have 2%+ birthrate. Do the politics of reproduction task & pick the option which sterilizes, and pick the child support task & do the option in which Gov pays you less if you have too many kids. Your safety & quality of life stats are spectacular. Your rights & chances tab is very good too.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
14.03.2017 09:37
CaiusFilimon

Helsworth Wrote:
From what I know, the AR matrix is very sensitive to big changes. What most do when doing big budget projects is that they start cutting off the financing to avoid a sharp drop in expenditure after the project finishes. Were you in such a position? I don't think so, looking at your projects page.
As for unemployment rising, Living costs [?] 2,274 € per month vs Welfare 4,489.90 € pcm. I don't know for how long you've maintained this ratio, but I'm surprised your unemployment is not higher give the generous welfare. And once again you have 2%+ birthrate. Do the politics of reproduction task & pick the option which sterilizes, and pick the child support task & do the option in which Gov pays you less if you have too many kids. Your safety & quality of life stats are spectacular. Your rights & chances tab is very good too.

I do not remember having any project about to finish. Or if I did, it was not worth anywhere close to 100bil, which should be nothing in a multi trillion dollar budget. At the very least it shouldn't lead to an over-night eradication of 30trillion GDP.

The unemployment was always at most 1.2%. The second the GDP started collapsing for no reason whatsoever, the unemployment shot up by an extreme amount. Net Income was likewise around 7400 if not more; I think at one point it reached close to 8000. 4500 welfare is rather little compared to that, I would think. Unemployment seems only to respond to welfare to the net income ratio, and not living costs.

I do always choose the sterilization tasks, and the stifling of immigration (except for the educated) tasks. PE Family was at around 300/350 at that point, that's true, but the birthrate was still small ( I tended to intermittently cut PE family as it automatically increased). I had no problem with living costs, which is what pop growth increases.

The tabs were significantly better before the crash too. It was the perfect state until that point. Thank you for your reply.

Also, a big thank you to the devmins for helping out (I'm not being sarcastic, they actually did this time). For now, I can only hope that the game matrix will be looked at; tickless states late-game are 100% impossible without sudden crashes and I can only hope it'll be addressed. I hope one-tick states are more reasonable. I'll have to try hard to never again delve into tickless states.

14.03.2017 14:14
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

CaiusFilimon Wrote:
I'll have to try hard to never again delve into tickless states.

You always say that, and you always make another tickless one. Hehe

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
14.03.2017 14:25
CaiusFilimon

Helsworth Wrote:

CaiusFilimon Wrote:
I'll have to try hard to never again delve into tickless states.

You always say that, and you always make another tickless one. Hehe

Hwell, I guess everyone must have some kind of addiction ; P But I've tried literally everything to keep a state going so there really isn't any point to it anymore; I both greatly respect and am enraged by the devmins, lol. Only if someone else could try make a tickless state and see it survive.

14.03.2017 15:05
Malone
Admin

Words count: 911,576
Group: Admin
Experience: 838
Glory Points: 125
Medals: 8

Well, the state is over quarter 200, from which on we don't support it anymore, because the matrix is a prognosis tool. And prognoses naturally become more and more inaccurate in the lapse of time. And fifty years is quite a long time, I guess. Furthermore, the system is not immune against big shocks, especcially not against a series of big shocks. On the one side, it is discussable, if a real economy could stand large changes. On the other side, preventing the matrix from a plummet would only be possible by creating it completely new. That would take one or two years full time work. I can't procure this time. Maybe, at the other end of the world someone will do it better some time. While waiting for that you could spend your time here with the try to lead a state as long as possible with careful handling Wink

Politischer Test Test site from Ars Regendi for the evaluation and comparison of political alignments

Kein(e) Planet*In ist illegal!

Autor der Blüte des Zweifels
15.03.2017 00:28
CaiusFilimon

Malone Wrote:
Well, the state is over quarter 200, from which on we don't support it anymore, because the matrix is a prognosis tool. And prognoses naturally become more and more inaccurate in the lapse of time. And fifty years is quite a long time, I guess. Furthermore, the system is not immune against big shocks, especcially not against a series of big shocks. On the one side, it is discussable, if a real economy could stand large changes. On the other side, preventing the matrix from a plummet would only be possible by creating it completely new. That would take one or two years full time work. I can't procure this time. Maybe, at the other end of the world someone will do it better some time. While waiting for that you could spend your time here with the try to lead a state as long as possible with careful handling Wink

I appreciate the reply.

That makes sense. Sadly, this is such a niche thing that very few people are even qualified to attempt a remake of sort.

But then, if we're talking about a tickless state that costs more than 5 euros a piece, maybe the states could simply be reverted back a few quarters when such catastrophic errors in the matrix happen. It's a very nice way to actually provide a paid service for the willing, and I don't think it involves any considerable amount of effort.

Even if it would take too much to redo the game, why not at least provide some additional support for the paying? Reverting back 10 quarters following a weird GDP collapse should be ok

15.03.2017 19:48
Malone
Admin

I have asked if we can do this automatically Smile

Politischer Test Test site from Ars Regendi for the evaluation and comparison of political alignments

15.03.2017 20:17
CaiusFilimon

Malone Wrote:
I have asked if we can do this automatically Smile

Hmm? What do you mean? : o

15.03.2017 20:42
Malone
Admin

If we can implement a reset button for the players.

15.03.2017 21:09
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Weird Economic Collapse Evinco 12 1,196 21.10.2020 19:09
Last Post: Malone
  Extreme collapse of Happiness and Popularity without clear explanation Lord Alexander 3 1,746 09.08.2017 11:17
Last Post: hamma13
  Sverdlovsk collapse? Alexei B.Miller 2 1,125 30.05.2017 06:38
Last Post: Alexei B.Miller

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites