Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,963
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Georgism experiment, sort of

I just started a fresh state based on the German template. Since the game doesn't distinguish between land and capital, I will have to use the Free land reform in order to achieve my aim. The other goals I set are the following:
-achieve near zero taxation on capital
-achieve near zero taxation on labor
-achieve near zero taxation on consumption
-achieve near zero tariffs (since the German template state can always use net imports of AD)
-keep social spending to the bare minimum in order to still qualify as a welfare state
-no minimum wage law

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 25.01.2017 15:56 by Helsworth.

25.01.2017 15:45
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GeoW
Unregistered

RE: Georgism experiment, sort of

Helsworth Wrote:
I just started a fresh state based on the German template. Since the game doesn't distinguish between land and capital, I will have to use the Free land reform in order to achieve my aim. The other goals I set are the following:
-achieve near zero tariffs (since the German template state can always use net imports of AD)
-keep social spending to the bare minimum in order to still qualify as a welfare state
-no minimum wage law

Sounds interesting. It's quite difficult to enact free land. I always used AP to reach an influence of 8 or got help by an alliance. One major problem could be the unemployment rate. I wonder if the low public spending ratio will cause a huge joblessness.

26.01.2017 12:32
Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

GeoW Wrote:

Helsworth Wrote:
-no minimum wage law

Sounds interesting. It's quite difficult to enact free land. I always used AP to reach an influence of 8 or got help by an alliance. One major problem could be the unemployment rate. I wonder if the low public spending ratio will cause a huge joblessness.

I always use AP too. For reforms I'm planning just Free land, Laicism, Administration reform, and maybe Pacifism.

This post was last modified: 26.01.2017 19:28 by Helsworth.

26.01.2017 13:10
Helsworth
Heathen

So far so good. You can see how it's going here.
I'm still waiting to hit 4 influence, so I can use action points to implement Free land. My deficit & debt to GDP ratios are very low & inequality is low too. As a side note, I implemented the pension reform many quarters ago.

20.02.2017 18:00
thepresidentmaN
Unregistered

Helsworth Wrote:
So far so good. You can see how it's going here.
I'm still waiting to hit 4 influence, so I can use action points to implement Free land. My deficit & debt to GDP ratios are very low & inequality is low too. As a side note, I implemented the pension reform many quarters ago.

Fascinating. I want to try this as well.

22.02.2017 20:57
GeoW
Unregistered

It seems like Free land curbs the private consumption. I hope this reform will not harm Your state.

06.03.2017 12:57
Helsworth
Heathen

Some downsides can't be avoided. Sadly, my Other income (front rents & fees) is only 149.60 Bil. It's highly implausible that I will be able to slash so much of my budget and retain good indexes & power. If I go that route, I'd probably get assassinated. I think I'll aim for 1% capital tax, 10% acquisition tax, and 5% excise tax.

See the pics. Free land was implemented in quarter 54 & 55 shows the results.

07.03.2017 09:46
GeoW
Unregistered

GeoW Wrote:
I wonder if the low public spending ratio will cause a huge joblessness.

Maybe the the lack of public investments will cause some trouble soon. Better keep an eye on this issue. The economy of Your state was fed by decreasing the taxes. I bet Your state will get to the point where this boost will end and there will be no substitute.

07.03.2017 13:56
Helsworth
Heathen

GeoW Wrote:

GeoW Wrote:
I wonder if the low public spending ratio will cause a huge joblessness.

Maybe the the lack of public investments will cause some trouble soon. Better keep an eye on this issue. The economy of Your state was fed by decreasing the taxes. I bet Your state will get to the point where this boost will end and there will be no substitute.

My problem is the high savings ratio. Hmm I'll probably do a Chinese Commie scheme for currency depreciation, to see if I can score more growth through exports.

07.03.2017 15:08
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Spending only experiment, focus on indexes, environment and infrastructure Helsworth 0 628 17.02.2015 19:26
Last Post: Helsworth
  Dominion of Numenor - A New An-Cap Experiment Akeron 25 2,214 29.07.2012 01:40
Last Post: RichardAWilson

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites