Glory Points: 2752
Medals: 70

Indien
Jilin
Korea
Ichnusa
Kamerun
RE: God Emperor Trump Attempts to bring peace and amicability to the world

The potentially positive outcome of the North Korea story was a big surprise to me. I am very currious to see how things will develop from this point onward. For better, or worse.

富国強兵
11.05.2018 21:50
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Burkean
Mercurian Observer

Words count: 34,551
Group: Premium
Experience: 1613428
Glory Points: 220
Medals: 10

Adonis
Kasull
Klatu

I also hope for the best.

Unfortunately, history of relations between the US and DPRK does not inspire optimism. The Kim dynasty has spent decades making fools of successive US administrations with a clear pattern: make noise and cause trouble, get lambasted and sanctioned, then play nice and make an insincere attempt at rapproachment with an all too eager lame duck US president. Get free stuff, then repeat the cycle with the next stooge after 4 or 8 years.

Knowing this, something puzzles me: why would Kim III agree to a meeting so soon into a Trump administration? Even if DPRK is counting on a one term president, they know that we haven’t even had a midterm yet, where the president could lose the legislative majority to a party that literally despises him.

I consider several possibilities:

• Kim III plans to make Trump walk away empty handed, then resume testing. Better offers will come later.
  • DPRK ruling class is being impacted by sanctions and the unwillingnes of Chinese friends to continue violating them.
  • Kim III is genuinely worried about US military action after his launch site collapsed. He knows we know, and is just buying time.
  • DPRK infrastructure got hacked/ targeted by a worm. This happened to Iran and supposedly took out 5-10% of uranium enrichment capacity. I am guessing DPRK intrane is more isolated and less robust than Iran.
  • Kim only has a year to live, and wants to ask Donald if he can help him meet LeBron.
  • Kim seriously meant to swipe left on Donald, but doesn’t want to look like a douche bag and cancel their date.

18.05.2018 03:15
Caesar Anubis

Words count: 0
Group: Basic
Experience: 7
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Nohanua

MrProper Wrote:
The potentially positive outcome of the North Korea story was a big surprise to me. I am very currious to see how things will develop from this point onward. For better, or worse.

Burkean Wrote:
I also hope for the best.

Unfortunately, history of relations between the US and DPRK does not inspire optimism. The Kim dynasty has spent decades making fools of successive US administrations with a clear pattern: make noise and cause trouble, get lambasted and sanctioned, then play nice and make an insincere attempt at rapproachment with an all too eager lame duck US president. Get free stuff, then repeat the cycle with the next stooge after 4 or 8 years.

Knowing this, something puzzles me: why would Kim III agree to a meeting so soon into a Trump administration? Even if DPRK is counting on a one term president, they know that we haven’t even had a midterm yet, where the president could lose the legislative majority to a party that literally despises him.

I consider several possibilities:

• Kim III plans to make Trump walk away empty handed, then resume testing. Better offers will come later.
  • DPRK ruling class is being impacted by sanctions and the unwillingnes of Chinese friends to continue violating them.
  • Kim III is genuinely worried about US military action after his launch site collapsed. He knows we know, and is just buying time.
  • DPRK infrastructure got hacked/ targeted by a worm. This happened to Iran and supposedly took out 5-10% of uranium enrichment capacity. I am guessing DPRK intrane is more isolated and less robust than Iran.
  • Kim only has a year to live, and wants to ask Donald if he can help him meet LeBron.
  • Kim seriously meant to swipe left on Donald, but doesn’t want to look like a douche bag and cancel their date.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see. Cool

23.05.2018 01:38
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  James Comey, FBI director, is fired by Trump CommieScum 2 517 27.03.2018 09:04
Last Post: v8web
  Up is down, Right is left, Violence is peace CommieScum 0 309 21.08.2017 15:12
Last Post: CommieScum
  Once proud Donald Trump, bowing like a well trained monkey before his Master Helsworth 14 1,129 05.06.2017 04:50
Last Post: adder
  Trump commits an act of war against Syria Helsworth 9 692 13.04.2017 17:50
Last Post: yangusbeef
  Trump Muslim Ban Made Possible By Obama Admin & Media Won't Tell You Helsworth 10 574 31.01.2017 16:17
Last Post: Nietzsche
  Trump to call for six weeks paid maternity leave & Unions are gushing over Trump Helsworth 0 360 24.01.2017 17:36
Last Post: Helsworth
  Little hope for Snowden pardon: Trump CIA pick wants "death penalty" Helsworth 0 357 05.12.2016 20:48
Last Post: Helsworth
  Elevating Trump, the DNC's strategy all along Helsworth 2 603 11.11.2016 05:01
Last Post: adder
  Clinton vs. Trump - the TV duels (with links) teffy 15 1,194 09.11.2016 16:08
  Trump 12 projected electoral votes from winning presidency yangusbeef 0 404 21.09.2016 15:41

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites