Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »

Gold/Silver Standards

DRLHyper
Unregistered

RE: Gold/Silver Standards

Triniteras Wrote:

DRLHyper Wrote:
The Soviet Union was not a bloc, it was a Centralized State.

I said "with it's sattelite states".

I missed that, so you can have my apologies.

Triniteras Wrote:
That might be true, but if it worked out that way how would such benefit not work to the leverage of the psychopaths already in control of their countries. The Soviet Union fell to internal problems, I would say internal problems are the problem in western countries. Tying these governments together into a block gives the respective corrupt governments and corporations more power.

Well, in essense such a plan would be carried out by visionaries and not corrupt conservatives. Which is why, precisely, the MercoSur is so weak nowdays; the governments between it (save for Brazil, which is improving, as well as to a lesser extent Uruguay), are mostly functioning by outdated standards. As well as reck of corruption.

Helsworth Wrote:

Triniteras Wrote:

DRLHyper Wrote:
Actually, the idea is that legimate governments adopt this plan.

How is this different from a little more extensive Euoprean Union? Their governments are still corrupt.

The EU states are chained by the Maastricht treaty, which prevents states to actually gather capital and direct funding through preferrable interest rates to the specific projects which those countries need. In order for regional trade blocks to be consolidated, they have to be linked through high speed rail networks and access roads, regional commercial banks and state union banks should provide credit at special interest for industry, agriculture, energy and infrastructure, while currency stability is key in fostering the necessary planning and clear view for the collaborating countries. Such a system needs to maximize transparency, minimize corruption, have a mild fiscality and not be polluted with toxic assets (financial derivatives) and fake money (money printed to financial institutions which don't create anything physical-productive with that money, but new money). I maintain that in most contexts, money created from money and for money is fraud/theft. If the whole of Africa, Latin America and the relevant parts of Asia would achieve this, than neocolonialism would cease to exist and hunger/famine would be a thing of the past.

That is a very good point as well, Helsworth.

21.05.2011 07:57
Quote this message in a reply
Triniteras
Unregistered

Helsworth Wrote:
Such a system needs to maximize transparency, minimize corruption, have a mild fiscality and not be polluted with toxic assets (financial derivatives) and fake money (money printed to financial institutions which don't create anything physical-productive with that money, but new money). I maintain that in most contexts, money created from money and for money is fraud/theft. If the whole of Africa, Latin America and the relevant parts of Asia would achieve this, than neocolonialism would cease to exist and hunger/famine would be a thing of the past.

"Africa, Latin America and the relevant parts of Asia" sure, but if we were to get more regions and integrated blocs, I see no reason why those of Europe or the United States would be more transparent.

DRLHyper Wrote:
Well, in essense such a plan would be carried out by visionaries and not corrupt conservatives. Which is why, precisely, the MercoSur is so weak nowdays; the governments between it (save for Brazil, which is improving, as well as to a lesser extent Uruguay), are mostly functioning by outdated standards. As well as reck of corruption.

A serious change in government system would have to happen first before anything like that could happen, unless you have any reasons to say otherwise. Do these regions work around the government? Otherwise it would just work in their interests and be commandeered.

21.05.2011 08:00
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Triniteras Wrote:

Helsworth Wrote:
Such a system needs to maximize transparency, minimize corruption, have a mild fiscality and not be polluted with toxic assets (financial derivatives) and fake money (money printed to financial institutions which don't create anything physical-productive with that money, but new money). I maintain that in most contexts, money created from money and for money is fraud/theft. If the whole of Africa, Latin America and the relevant parts of Asia would achieve this, than neocolonialism would cease to exist and hunger/famine would be a thing of the past.

"Africa, Latin America and the relevant parts of Asia" sure, but if we were to get more regions and integrated blocs, I see no reason why those of Europe or the United States would be more transparent.

The main fault of the West is the people. They have become dormant, prone to the idleness of luxury and idiosyncratic (ohhh I love to travell and drink). A natural disaster fucks up a nuclear power plant in the far east and every green ass hole is out with banners wanting the decomission of every nuclear power plant in the world. Don't these people have work to do? Don't they have school, children to take care of, bills to pay, food to eat, cleaning up to do? That's the kinda behavior that happens a lot in Germany, which I don't understand. I don't get people who are worried all day long about everything. For fuck's sake life has continued to exist for 4 billion years, while us human beings can't even be compard to that figure, and we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over 100 years. Stop trying to "save" "the planet". These are such selfimportant ass-holes. We need to save our own species from our own genocidal cancers such as heidegerianism and malthusianism. Nature has done away with more than 95% of the species that have ever lived on this planet. Lets cry first for hungry children, and then for dead cats and dogs. Also a good advice for those people who hate human beings with a passion, please gentlemen commit suicide and you'll be doing the world a favor without being hypocritical about it, without a double standard.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 21.05.2011 08:18 by Helsworth.

21.05.2011 08:16
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DRLHyper
Unregistered

Helsworth said it better than I could, he is also dang right.

21.05.2011 08:24
Triniteras
Unregistered

Helsworth Wrote:
The main fault of the West is the people.

Okay, but regions/blocs still aren't particularly viable for the west. If anything, Germany is doing better right now because it's corporations are staying loyal to their locale instead of tying up with international interests.

21.05.2011 09:17
DRLHyper
Unregistered

Triniteras Wrote:

Helsworth Wrote:
The main fault of the West is the people.

Okay, but regions/blocs still aren't particularly viable for the west. If anything, Germany is doing better right now because it's corporations are staying loyal to their locale instead of tying up with international interests.

You are missing the point, lol. The thing is not that blocs are not viable, but that they are not properly organized.

21.05.2011 09:58
Triniteras
Unregistered

DRLHyper Wrote:
You are missing the point, lol. The thing is not that blocs are not viable, but that they are not properly organized.

You can't expect to have properly organized blocs if government cannot be properly organized.

21.05.2011 11:01
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Triniteras Wrote:
You can't expect to have properly organized blocs if government cannot be properly organized.

That was the premise that DRL started from.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
21.05.2011 11:21
Titian
Benevolently Watching You

Words count: 557,754
Group: Basic
Experience: 1706
Glory Points: 1364680
Medals: 5643

Helsworth Wrote:
The main fault of the West is the people. They have become dormant, prone to the idleness of luxury and idiosyncratic (ohhh I love to travell and drink). A natural disaster fucks up a nuclear power plant in the far east and every green ass hole is out with banners wanting the decomission of every nuclear power plant in the world. Don't these people have work to do? Don't they have school, children to take care of, bills to pay, food to eat, cleaning up to do? That's the kinda behavior that happens a lot in Germany, which I don't understand. I don't get people who are worried all day long about everything. For fuck's sake life has continued to exist for 4 billion years, while us human beings can't even be compard to that figure, and we've only been engaged in heavy industry for a little over 100 years. Stop trying to "save" "the planet". These are such selfimportant ass-holes. We need to save our own species from our own genocidal cancers such as heidegerianism and malthusianism. Nature has done away with more than 95% of the species that have ever lived on this planet. Lets cry first for hungry children, and then for dead cats and dogs. Also a good advice for those people who hate human beings with a passion, please gentlemen commit suicide and you'll be doing the world a favor without being hypocritical about it, without a double standard.

Why to do work if everything one creates can get destroyed instantly by a small incident in a big nuclear power plant?
Please don't critizise the Anti-Nuclear movement. Nuclear Power Plants are definetely NOT the future and whilst they exist it is always a risk to have one in your backyard.

Life as we know it could end much faster than it developed due to nuclear power.

And if you wanna save your own species (I hate it when people are selfish) then you have to save the planet. By now there are 7 billion people and the global oxygen production decreases more and more whilst the oxygen consumption increases massively. You cannot survive without air.

"If you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow." (Yes, Minister)

This post was last modified: 21.05.2011 11:29 by Titian.

21.05.2011 11:26
Triniteras
Unregistered

Helsworth Wrote:
That was the premise that DRL started from.

I am not sure why blocs are even a topic of conversation. Viable blocs along the line you are all speaking of are not coming any time soon, especially not with "let's lean closer to one-world government" attitudes. Great, further liberate your politicians from your control into a more over-arching structure.

21.05.2011 11:32
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Gold Standard thoughts... Helsworth 0 1,096 24.04.2014 13:18
Last Post: Helsworth
  Capital Account: gold cartel, silver and gold are manipulated by h-funds and CBs Helsworth 4 1,289 27.12.2012 18:11
Last Post: watson
  India buys Oil from Iran using Gold. Start of a trend? Helsworth 11 2,851 21.03.2012 18:26
Last Post: Rising Phoenix

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites