miamihurrricane
seventh-day adventist libertarian

Words count: 9,384
Group: Premium
Experience: 18
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

How to balance the budget

I Am panicking i've been trying to balance my budget by cutting everything the military,subsidizes, administration,other, environment,family,heath care, even education I've managed to get a primary surplus but because of the huge interest payments i can't balence the budget plus my influence is so low that i can only do 8% changes as if that was't bad enough my unemployment rate keeps rising every quater it's now over 7% i am playin the usa in classic and i am trying to go full blown libertarian please help!

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created." — Congressman Charles A.
Lindbergh Sr. , 1913
14.11.2011 04:49
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Titian
Benevolently Watching You

Words count: 554,088
Experience: 1706
Glory Points: 1364680
Medals: 5643

RE: How to balance the budget

remember, that the gouvernment is an important supplier and consumer within any (national) economy.
By cutting your expenditures you force possibly millions of state-employees out of work. It also cuts their derived demand, thus creating a chain reaction in your economy.
There are some positions in which cuts are reasonable (such as defense), but there are also vital ones such as administration. You basically castrate your own gouvernment by cutting administration.
Your state is still young. Try to build a strong foundation for the future in the present, rather than trying to force the future into the present. f you think some expenditures are neccessary and beneficial for economic growth, try to increase income.

"If you grab them by their balls, their hearts and minds will follow." (Yes, Minister)

14.11.2011 05:05
Rising Phoenix
Unregistered

What Titian said.

'Cutting across the board' -- Nice words, terrible actions. As in real-life, things in ARS are best done at a moderate pace.

For good or worse, your economy is at the start a near-replica of what the US is. Axing the budget seems like a good idea at first, but your economy will take a great hit. Ergo any surpluses made will be lost due to less money on the economy flowing around.

Keep decreasing your interest rate and moderate increasing your money supply as well. Currency needs to keep flowing to stimulate the economy.

Do not cut administration, justice, or others. Even if you are a minimalist/minarchist/economic liberal, you need to maintain the infraestructure, at least the very one upon which the government operates upon.

|EDIT|: Also, remember to do privatization tasks and relevant reforms, like Liberalism. This will get you the economy and society you desire. Wink

14.11.2011 07:04
Quote this message in a reply
miamihurrricane

There are some positions in which cuts are reasonable (such as defense), but there are also vital ones such as administration. You basically castrate your own gouvernment by cutting administration.
Your state is still young. Try to build a strong foundation for the future in the present, rather than trying to force the future into the present. If you think some expenditures are neccessary and beneficial for economic growth, try to increase income.
[/quote]

so what exactly to do i cut and how do i increase my influence to enact reforms like flat tax and liberalism?Noplan

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes it's laws" — Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

"From now on, depressions will be scientifically created." — Congressman Charles A.
Lindbergh Sr. , 1913
14.11.2011 23:02
ystradband
Evolved!

Words count: 428,750
Group: World ruler
Experience: 1598758
Glory Points: 4327
Medals: 161

Segovia
Valencia
Fes
Loule

You're closer to balancing the budget than many. Your influence will grow as the length of your regency increases, unless you make unpopular choices.

There's scope to cut pensions payments further if you want to - they're still a fair way above the cost of living. You could enact laicism now and you could use the regent actions to propagate a tax reform if you don't want to wait for your influence level to hit 3.

Evolve!
14.11.2011 23:13
Uggla6

Words count: 18,071
Experience: 186
Glory Points: 90
Medals: 6

Raising taxes are a great way to get more money (if not the only manual way) and to do this without popularity penalty raise pensions and welfare. You can lower the interest rate to lower the amount of debt you pay (although it hurts the dollar and economy). To keep the economy going you should increase other, administration, and subsidies. Everything else besides other, administration, subsidies, welfare, and pensions can be and should be lower to try and balance the budget. Ive not actually looked at your state but say this as a general statement to all who are trying to lower there expenses and debt. This is not the only way but the way that has worked the best for me in the past.

Good Luck the fun of the game is in trying new things

Bragging time:
-Been in 3 of 4 most violent worlds (Kopenhagen, Denver, Tokoyo)
-Been in 6 top 10 allainces (World Denver, YAWA, Utopia, resistance, IWDAWH, and Security Council)
-Austragula......just look at it!(almost 9000 strength/positive budget) NO DESELECTION
- 3 Medals
14.11.2011 23:35
Lyu
Posting Freak

Words count: 61,649
Experience: 5135
Glory Points: 1335
Medals: 49

I don't think he would want to increase taxes, welfare and subsidies if he plans to go the libertarian route. Wink
It also is not very effective, in my opinion. I usually use the other way round (decreasing acquisition and capital taxes, welfare, pensions and especially subsidies) and it works fine. However, I also heavily increase the other budgets (education, environment, family, administration, others, ...) and excise taxes. This way, the economy gets stimulated enough to provide a higher growth of income than of expenditure and the population still is happy, because a growing economy helps to keep unemployment down and a lot of stats in the Education & Culture, Quality of life etc. sections increase (which is also beneficial for your regent's health).
PE Defence depends very much on the type of state (Classic: Cut as much as possible / World: Slowly increase).

Later, the budget can be easily cut "across the board" again with Liberalism, which sets most PEs to 10-20% of their former value, and even lower for health, defence and administration if you also use their own reforms (Privatized Healthcare / Pacifism / Administration Reform + Laicism)

15.11.2011 13:54
miamihurrricane

thanks a lot Applaus

Lindbergh Sr. , 1913
15.11.2011 21:19
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Neglecting Money Supply and Budget Balance in "Rohstoffmacht" hamma13 0 232 20.11.2019 13:19
Last Post: hamma13
  World states balance Predicist 1 785 24.02.2017 19:33
Last Post: Lord Alexander
  Trade and Budget Surplus RichardAWilson 5 964 14.08.2013 03:26
Last Post: Rising Phoenix
  How to Have A Positive Trade Balance CAR12345 10 1,709 26.07.2013 06:55
Last Post: RichardAWilson
  My first Budget as Regent GeorgeBell 3 1,246 03.05.2011 19:22
Last Post: Helsworth
  Budget Will Not Change? Jessaveryja 2 888 23.05.2010 03:36
Last Post: Jessaveryja
  Budget Success JosephLJ 3 1,086 14.12.2009 04:24