Words count: 911,576
Group: Admin
Experience: 838
Glory Points: 125
Medals: 8

Is political correctness murderous?

This comment is worth to read.

Quote:
I stood up to make a point of order. I wanted to ask if he felt that perhaps he was apologising for mass murder, justifying it even. But he wouldn’t take my point. So, somewhat impertinently — hey, I was pretty angry by this point — I interjected: ‘This is an apology for murder.’ His response? To accuse me of racism. To suggest that, like the rest of the media, I was treating Muslims as ‘brown savages’. Because of course, if you ask a difficult question of a Muslim in the public eye who is talking a colossal amount of rubbish then you must secretly hate all Muslims. What a cheap, reactionary shot: shut down criticism by playing the racism card.

Politischer Test Test site from Ars Regendi for the evaluation and comparison of political alignments

Kein(e) Planet*In ist illegal!

Autor der Blüte des Zweifels
17.10.2015 18:42
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Edvard Kardelj
General Secretary

Words count: 44,838
Group: Basic
Experience: 61
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

RE: Is political correctness murderous?

This is the climate created by identity politics. So long as we justify any behavior on religious values, no matter how odious the act, we open the for for others to do the same.

In the United States, we frequently see the other side of the coin. Major news outlets will justify the murder of doctors who perform abortion procedures, the denial of marriage licenses, and refusing customers on the basis of religious objection to the customer's sexual orientation, all in the name of the christian god, can we look so astonished when we see Islamists performing murder in the name of their god?

The charge of racism here is equivalent to the pressure groups who portray christians as a persecuted minority. Though it is a misuse of they term, since Islam is not a race, and there are Muslims of every race.

The core of the problem is religion itself.

However, as Freud so aptly put it, religion will never disappear so long as people fear death. That is, after all, the pitch all religions use, even non theistic ones like Buddhism. I do not know if fear of mortality is inherent to the human condition, perhaps a function of the survival instinct that drives us to evade premature extinction and the risk thereof. All animals seem to exhibit it. Perhaps we're not the only ones to arrive at religion as a primitive way to address death. There are other species with big complex brains, like giant squid and cetaceans.I wonder if whales have ever gone all suicide bomber on one another, and we just didn't notice it?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

17.10.2015 19:13
Lord Alexander
Comrade

Words count: 238,210
Experience: 616
Glory Points: 146
Medals: 4

Malone Wrote:
This comment is worth to read.

Quote:
I stood up to make a point of order. I wanted to ask if he felt that perhaps he was apologising for mass murder, justifying it even. But he wouldn’t take my point. So, somewhat impertinently — hey, I was pretty angry by this point — I interjected: ‘This is an apology for murder.’ His response? To accuse me of racism. To suggest that, like the rest of the media, I was treating Muslims as ‘brown savages’. Because of course, if you ask a difficult question of a Muslim in the public eye who is talking a colossal amount of rubbish then you must secretly hate all Muslims. What a cheap, reactionary shot: shut down criticism by playing the racism card.

I would like to point out that some people assert that Brendan O'Neill is misreporting this situation in his article:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost....tcount=103

This post was last modified: 17.10.2015 19:40 by Lord Alexander.

17.10.2015 19:39
Edvard Kardelj
General Secretary

Lord Alexander Wrote:
I would like to point out that some people assert that Brendan O'Neill is misreporting this situation in his article:

Be that as it may, the phenomenon does still occur. The ayatollahs aren't running out into the streets of Tehran to protest against the Charlie Hebdo slayings. Tudeh is, but then again, Tudeh are atheists.

http://tudehpartyiran.org/en/news/2758-t...rlie-hebdo

17.10.2015 19:59
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Screw political correctness. At the end of the day, if you're smart and not a bigot, you'll now how to formulate your statements without worrying that they'll spark controversy. People who will want to strawman you will do it, regardless of how carefully you measure your words.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
17.10.2015 20:05
Lord Alexander
Comrade

Edvard Kardelj Wrote:

Lord Alexander Wrote:

Be that as it may, the phenomenon does still occur. The ayatollahs aren't running out into the streets of Tehran to protest against the Charlie Hebdo slayings. Tudeh is, but then again, Tudeh are atheists.

http://tudehpartyiran.org/en/news/2758-t...rlie-hebdo

When you maintain the freedom of speech you also create the conditions for the crowds that provide verbal support to dangerous nonsense. Political correctness neither exacerbates nor lessens this effect. Those who want to remove such crowds should understand that they have the problem with the freedom of speech, not with the political correctness.

Both the Islamic fascism and the Islamofobia are real problems. Attempts to use one of these problems for hiding the existence of the other problem are dishonest. It is true in both directions.

But unfortunately right now I really do not have the time for such debates.

This post was last modified: 17.10.2015 20:32 by Lord Alexander.

17.10.2015 20:29
Edvard Kardelj
General Secretary

Lord Alexander Wrote:
When you maintain the freedom of speech you also create the conditions for the crowds that provide verbal support to dangerous nonsense. Political correctness neither exacerbates nor lessens this effect. Those who want to remove such crowds should understand that they have the problem with the freedom of speech, not with the political correctness.

Both the Islamic fascism and the Islamofobia are real problems. Attempts to use one of these problems for hiding the existence of the other problem are dishonest. It is true in both directions.

But unfortunately right now I really do not have the time for such debates.

Oh, now, you see, Tudeh are Iranian atheists. Does that mean anyone criticizing atheism is a racist?

No?

Then why is criticizing Islam racist…….?

17.10.2015 21:28
Lord Alexander
Comrade

Edvard Kardelj Wrote:
Oh, now, you see, Tudeh are Iranian atheists. Does that mean anyone criticizing atheism is a racist?

No?

Then why is criticizing Islam racist…….?

As I already said:

Lord Alexander Wrote:

17.10.2015 22:11
Quew
Unregistered

lacitiloP ssentcerroC si eht wen msinairatilatot.

17.10.2015 23:30
Quote this message in a reply
Lord Alexander
Comrade

Quew Wrote:
lacitiloP ssentcerroC si eht wen msinairatilatot.

True, that is why Le Pens, Geert Wilders and Donald Trump are now all imprisoned. Jaja

This post was last modified: 18.10.2015 00:27 by Lord Alexander.

18.10.2015 00:26
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Political Correctness Malone 2 1,404 10.11.2021 16:03
Last Post: Edvard Kardelj
  The Political Philosophies MarcusAquila 13 3,210 23.07.2021 07:17
Last Post: LordTriniteras
  Political test Malone 69 18,366 24.08.2016 09:54
Last Post: Spacebob
  Stephen Fry on Political Correctness, Regressive Left, and Clear Thinking Helsworth 5 1,974 15.04.2016 17:55
Last Post: yangusbeef
  Ben Carson's political standings (I am pulling all of these from his books) yangusbeef 14 2,943 15.11.2015 02:43
Last Post: Quew
  Papal Political Problems Edvard Kardelj 5 1,499 15.10.2015 23:42
Last Post: debauchery
Cool Political Test - other languages Malone 0 1,654 21.05.2013 08:51
Last Post: Malone
  The History of the Devil --about religious and political crimes and bullshit-- Helsworth 0 1,657 22.11.2012 16:29
Last Post: Helsworth
  Political Profile thread Zultra 19 6,757 18.04.2012 19:36
Last Post: Lord Alexander
  Your Political Views beste 29 6,121 23.12.2011 07:54
Last Post: Prof de la Paz

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites