Post Reply  Post Thread 

Is there anything else LIKE NationStates?

sterling77

Words count: 117
Group: Basic
Experience: 0
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Is there anything else LIKE NationStates?

I love Nationstates... Nothing like seeing evidence that my governmental policy ideas are correct, lol. However..

The pacing KILLS me. I haven't played for a while, and that's because, yet again, I ended up forgetting about my nation, because there isn't enough to DO.

I don't care about war, in fact, I avoid that crap like the plague. But it seems that's pretty much all there is to do besides three piddly decisions a day.

Is there anygame, text-based or not, that's like NationStates, but has enough stuff to do that I can actually get immersed? I don't need the other player interaction part, though. I'd prefer AI to be honest, but multiplayer is fine if that's all there is...

07.03.2019 11:05
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
optimus rex
Admin

Words count: 805,297
Group: Admin
Experience: 224097
Glory Points: 1945
Medals: 100

Tickloser Test
No Reforms II
Human II
No Reforms I
Human I
RE: Is there anything else LIKE NationStates?

Hi! Then you should try our tickless states (State without ticks (quarter change possible every 3 minutes, usual exitus rules)) ! You need more Information? Look at this: https://www.ars-regendi.com/coins.html

07.03.2019 15:33
Daviesolu

Words count: 86
Experience: 8

How many people here plays Nation states

02.02.2020 15:56
teffy

Words count: 27,522
Experience: 129

Bing

Thanks for the idea. I tried it - and I somehow really like it, it keeps be busy for weeks - and I somehow like it totally not.
Now, you have about 5 issues per day, there.

What got me there, was one question:
How would a society be, if it avoided most of the bad things humanity has done till today (like climate change)? Which alternate societies are possible? How could we do it better? What have we lost, what can we lose?
I don`t want to accept the bad forecasts of climate change as fate and wanted an idea of a good society to aim for.

A good thing of this game is: Societies are not only understood from the economic side. If you introduce eg. death penalty, you get a banner for it...you have markers for "culture" "environmental beauty"

The option, to write entries in factbooks (brief text files with some aesthetic options for the skilled), ordered by the categories "culture", "history" and so on turned out to be a good method for me to think about the society and develop a history, which helped me to answer or dismiss issues (similar to AR). And the issues turned out to be a good giver of ideas and questions:

What makes my nation unique and how did they become the kind of human they are? Are we people they want to be with? Which reasons for tourism do they have?
It made me think differently about immigration politics.
And I came to ideas, I somehow might show in these forums, here.

The bad part of the game for me is: I totally do not understand their "roleplaying part" in "regions" and forums and their world assembly as "united nations". And I do not know, if anyone ever plays the game and tells the story in "my way". What many players seek there, is nothing for me.

Viele Menschen hören nicht zu, um zu lernen, sondern um zu antworten
Many people do not listen for learning, but to answer

This post was last modified: 10.04.2021 17:48 by teffy.

10.04.2021 17:41
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: