Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

RE: Liberalism

Well from the consequences of this reform, stated by other users, it would be better named right wing liberalism/libertarianism.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 15.05.2009 16:58 by Helsworth.

15.05.2009 16:58
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Petrenkovich
Danish citizen

Words count: 20,464
Group: Basic
Experience: 150
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

This reform is best entitled "Liberalism", as this reform stands by the original and actual definition of liberalism, and not the socialdemocratic/left-reformist interpretation of the term, which only applies to U.S. terminology.
The fallacy of the north american political landscape shall NOT force all the rest of us to twist the meaning of various ideologies and terms.

Besides, libertarianism roots back towards the origins of anarcho-syndicalism, why it cannot be used as a term for bourgeois laissez faire standings.

15.05.2009 18:16
Merkel
wahnsinniger Irrer

Words count: 60,857
Experience: 739

I made by my state Kelowna (Ex-Germany) the Liberalism reform yesterday,
today I see this changes.

- higher reputation
- high happyness
- higher stand of knowledge
- mutch lower heath
- the Infrastructure is away
- and a economy grown
- lower crime
- lower bureaucracy

in my Budget this
- mutch lower Taxes on capital and acquisition
- mutch lower Expenditure in most causes

Ich bin weder mit Merkel verwandt noch verschwägert ... mir viel nur kein Name ein
Wer Rechtschreibfehler findet darf sie behalten
Sry for my bad english

42/Pi≈13.37, oder 1337. Damit ist der beweis erbracht. Der Sinn des Lebens ist: Zocken
29.08.2009 07:05
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Is it possible in the game to achieve a certain state of liberalism without the actual reform? And when I say liberalism I mean, less taxes, less expenditure. The liberalism reform doesn't stack with bank reform I, I wanna make a Glass-Steagall type of a regulated financial market economy.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
14.09.2009 21:24
derdaoben

Words count: 412
Experience: 69

The results are most interesting in my former USA state...health (also regent health) dropped A LOT (most probably also due to task decisions the following day), but the economy is going through the roof. GDP per capita rose by 6000 and new indebtedness went from -300 Bil. to 1,252.71 Bil. within two quaters...

15.08.2010 09:45
Rince
Unregistered

Hi

Is there any progress regarding Freiland and Liberalism? In my opinion they should be able to work together somehow. I also would like to see Freiland and Anarcho-Capitalism together.

Regards, Rince

06.09.2010 11:32
Quote this message in a reply
numair

Words count: 213
Experience: 91

The effects of the Reform.....
Security: -1.5K%
Health: -13%
Inflation: +5%
Economy: -5%

15.05.2011 20:27
Lasfaro
The Little Nation Who Would

Words count: 15,701
Experience: 477
Glory Points: 110
Medals: 2

On the Fundamentalism template, the reform makes the worst become possible. High corruption , shadow market and crime , but in the second quarter everything is turned toward more positive results like popularity , reputation and decreased crime.

21.08.2012 03:45
fleischidambach
Kurfürst fleischidamach/Super Mod

Words count: 254,239
Experience: 2372
Glory Points: 95
Medals: 6

As we are here in the English forum, let me give you the informations on my state:

before: I was acting mostly liberal for the economy and people. I only increased the welfare drastically because I heard it is getting reduced.

after: capital and income tax dropped down significantly. The tax on acquisitions stayed the same: So if you want that reform, try to enforce the acquisition taxes first to avoid a huge hole in your pocket. pensions stayed the same, project, justice and defence too. everything else got cut down. I think the tariff (taxes) was unchanged.

Demographics:
In my special case, unemployment dropped down due to the drop of welfare. Birth rate and migration dropped down as well. Mortality was raised, immigration slightly raised.

science and so on:
education, religion and science dropped down, automation and arts significantly raised (why arts? funny...)

rights and chances...
statism, discrimination and equality significantly dropped down.

Infrastructure...
Infrastructure dropped down from around 90 to 45 (approximately)
Environment and health dropped down too.

Safety: All criminal activies were reduced (didn't expect that I must say)

Economy:

That's probably the funniest part: I had a negative economic growth. Income was raised by around 1000 Euros - no surprise as the tax reduction was probably the cause of that (or had at least a huge impact).

in others I can only estimate: bureaucracy was reduced, gini increased. But I am not 100% sure.

Int. reputation: raised like if I had cured malaria Wink

Befreundet mit Girips

This post was last modified: 02.09.2013 07:44 by fleischidambach.

02.09.2013 07:43
hamma13

Words count: 23,783
Group: Premium
Experience: 1446
Glory Points: 20
Medals: 2

fleischidambach Wrote:
As we are here in the English forum, let me give you the informations on my state:

before: I was acting mostly liberal for the economy and people. I only increased the welfare drastically because I heard it is getting reduced.

after: capital and income tax dropped down significantly. The tax on acquisitions stayed the same: So if you want that reform, try to enforce the acquisition taxes first to avoid a huge hole in your pocket. pensions stayed the same, project, justice and defence too. everything else got cut down. I think the tariff (taxes) was unchanged.

Demographics:
In my special case, unemployment dropped down due to the drop of welfare. Birth rate and migration dropped down as well. Mortality was raised, immigration slightly raised.

science and so on:
education, religion and science dropped down, automation and arts significantly raised (why arts? funny...)

rights and chances...
statism, discrimination and equality significantly dropped down.

Infrastructure...
Infrastructure dropped down from around 90 to 45 (approximately)
Environment and health dropped down too.

Safety: All criminal activies were reduced (didn't expect that I must say)

Economy:

That's probably the funniest part: I had a negative economic growth. Income was raised by around 1000 Euros - no surprise as the tax reduction was probably the cause of that (or had at least a huge impact).

in others I can only estimate: bureaucracy was reduced, gini increased. But I am not 100% sure.

Int. reputation: raised like if I had cured malaria Wink

Thanks for the detailed summary. Two additional observations from my side:

1. Some of the positive effects (increase in happiness and popularity and reduction in crime) are short term an last only a couple of quarters (that's why Bratti chose to stop playing his State Bratti Forever immediately after implementing the reform).

2. I just implemented the reform in East India Comp and it reduced the GINI-Coefficient significantly (from over 0.4 to 0.31).

Sidenote to the developers/moderators: Please add Bureaucracy and GINI-Coefficient to the Rights and Chances graphics to be able to follow their development over time.

Rince Wrote:
Is there any progress regarding Freiland and Liberalism? In my opinion they should be able to work together somehow. I also would like to see Freiland and Anarcho-Capitalism together.

I totally agree and therefore second the request. Freiland and Liberalism together would fall under the term "left liberalism/libertarianism" which favours individual freedom and considers natural resources (the most important being land) as common property. The two reforms are already playable together if Freiland is activated first, but it unnecessarily postpones Liberalism to late in the game because Freiland needs very high influence (8), and I don't see why Liberalism should exclude Freiland when Freiland doesn't exclude Liberalism.

This post was last modified: 10.11.2019 09:32 by hamma13.

10.11.2019 09:29
Pages (4): « First < Previous 1 2 3 [4] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Liberalism done early in Iran template, results Helsworth 4 1,989 22.05.2016 02:08
Last Post: Helsworth
  Liberalism consequences Dr. BlackSwan 3 2,121 12.05.2015 10:41
  Liberalism reform chad7405 8 2,919 23.11.2014 01:28
Last Post: Parham
Smile Liberalism x Protectionism (pros and cons) Victor Amon 2 1,986 06.03.2014 19:26
  Free land and Liberalism CharlesWalden3 2 1,833 22.10.2013 19:43
Last Post: CharlesWalden3
  Liberalism implemented! Portus Cale 2 1,808 08.08.2011 08:41
Last Post: DRLHyper
  Liberalism Xylfer 6 2,302 15.06.2011 13:31
Last Post: Lord Alexander

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites