Herzog von Joruvellir

Words count: 0
Group: Basic
Experience: 38
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Neuran
Longrange nuclearweapons

I researched the projekt "space weapons" and the tasks-menu shows, that intercontinental rockets are now getting placed. I do not researched nuclear bombs.
Can I only use those rockets if i am at war with another state and/or do i have to research nuclear bombs first to be capable of?

Wer Diktator bleiben will, muss übermächtigen Rebellen entgegen kommen.
Forderungen nach radikalen "positiven" Veränderungen in einer Demokratie scheitern, weil die Mehrheit zufrieden ist.
Der Staat muss seine Bevölkerung vor Krieg schützen und sie nicht verpflichten.
Wenn "Gott" diese Welt beherscht, ist er ein Despot.
21.01.2020 15:51
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrProper
天皇

Words count: 405,306
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 184015
Glory Points: 3802
Medals: 100

Hammerfest
Aquilonia
Dervish
RE: Longrange nuclearweapons

The space weapons are a delivery system for nuclear weapons. They will not be useful for your state until you have researched the atomic bomb project.

冥王星違法です
22.01.2020 11:29
Carbaen
Herzog von Joruvellir

Words count: 0
Experience: 38
Medals: 0

Neuran

MrProper Wrote:
The space weapons are a delivery system for nuclear weapons. They will not be useful for your state until you have researched the atomic bomb project.

Thank you.

Ok, so now nuclear weapons carried by rockets if no nuclear weapons are avalaible. This makes sense.
But than it shouldn't be named "space weapons" if you can't use normal ballistic weapons with this project completed.

Wer Diktator bleiben will, muss übermächtigen Rebellen entgegen kommen.
Forderungen nach radikalen "positiven" Veränderungen in einer Demokratie scheitern, weil die Mehrheit zufrieden ist.
Der Staat muss seine Bevölkerung vor Krieg schützen und sie nicht verpflichten.
Wenn "Gott" diese Welt beherscht, ist er ein Despot.
22.01.2020 13:27
MrProper
天皇

Words count: 405,306
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 184015
Glory Points: 3802
Medals: 100

Hammerfest
Aquilonia
Dervish

The military aspects of Ars Regendi are quite abstract, in order to keep the game simple. Researching weapons systems, such as the space weapons, also has an impact on the "level of progress". The level of progress in turn also affects the military value. And the military value, by itself, sums up the entire conventional military power your state has; It does not refer to a certain number of soldiers, but rather to the combined strike power your military has (including all available weapon systems).

To put it differently: You state also has conventional balistic weapons. However, in order to "use" them, you have to start a regular war against another nation using the appropriate in-game function.

冥王星違法です

This post was last modified: 30.01.2020 10:39 by MrProper.

27.01.2020 22:47
Alexei B.Miller
Co President of the Ros'Gaz Union State

Words count: 515,575
Experience: 5884
Glory Points: 525
Medals: 23

Bossier
Louisiana
Terrebonne
Europastaat

This option allows state to create the Strategic Defense Initiative without having to obtain nuclear weapons. Think of players who want to play pacifist but don't want to be at the absolute mercy of armed nuclear powers who attempt to bully their states (as I have done in the past lol).

Hopefully the devs have included a feature where states with the SDI and LACK nukes have a dramatically higher chance of deflecting an atomic strike against their state. (Almost as if they spent they money they would have into nukes into optimizing their anti-ICBM technology.)

"Hitler wanted to destroy Russia, everyone needs to remember how that ended"

Vladimir Putin

08.02.2020 17:14
JambalayaSam

Words count: 3,435
Experience: 235
Medals: 3

East Germania X
Emirate of Hijaz
Bialya
Yerushalayim
Indira v35

Alexei B.Miller Wrote:
This option allows state to create the Strategic Defense Initiative without having to obtain nuclear weapons. Think of players who want to play pacifist but don't want to be at the absolute mercy of armed nuclear powers who attempt to bully their states (as I have done in the past lol).

Hopefully the devs have included a feature where states with the SDI and LACK nukes have a dramatically higher chance of deflecting an atomic strike against their state. (Almost as if they spent they money they would have into nukes into optimizing their anti-ICBM technology.)

Hah. My dream is for my Developing Nation of Yerushalayim to eventually get a Lunar Colony.

Unfortunately, progress takes a long time. It'll be a couple of years before I can bootstrap nukes, then get missiles, and work my way up. Aggravating and fun Smile

08.02.2020 23:18
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites