Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »

The many times outrageous 'workers rights' laws have destroyed the American Economy

Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

The many times outrageous 'workers rights' laws have destroyed the American Economy

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
28.08.2014 22:41
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Lord Weasel
Great Heavenly Supreme Eater of Rabbits

Words count: 66,104
Group: Basic
Experience: 103889
Glory Points: 30
Medals: 2

RE: The many times outrageous 'workers rights' laws have destroyed the American Economy

Pay them? Now why would we want to do something like that???

29.08.2014 22:05
spitefire
Unregistered

RE: The many times outrageous 'workers rights' laws have destroyed the American Economy

So they can buy your product so you can make more money so that you your family them there family and everyone involved will be willing to work with you and all parties can improve there standard.

One of these days you might want to actually meet some of these people you demonize all the time but i know can't step outside of your own little bubbles your world might shatter.

29.08.2014 23:06
Quote this message in a reply
Helsworth
Heathen

spitefire Wrote:
So they can buy your product so you can make more money so that you your family them there family and everyone involved will be willing to work with you and all parties can improve there standard.

One of these days you might want to actually meet some of these people you demonize all the time but i know can't step outside of your own little bubbles your world might shatter.

LoL spitefire. Here's how the real world operates. Business contributes huge sums of money for all the political parties most likely to get seats in office, both at national and local levels. That way a semblance of "fairness" is maintained, gives people the illusion of free choice. In actuality, the choices are already made. That's why you can't distinguish a regulator from lobbyist, and an elected PM from the corporate PR agent. We, as ordinary citizens, too small and divided to affect the great scheme of things, can - at least - speak our mind and criticize the situation as we believe it right. Allow us that much, at least. And please tolerate our "small bubbles".
We're not against profit-making, we're simply against unlawful private rent extraction. We're simply against unnecessary, cruel, and sloped austerity measures. Have you watched the markets recently? They're demanding an end to so-called "responsible fiscal policy". A point has been reached in which the FIRE sector no longer is satisfied with what QE offered them in terms of leverage and profits - at a time where all others suffered cutbacks, foreclosures, and bankruptcy.
So I'm not sure who you think we are demonizing, but it seems you've been harboring it for quite a while. I'm sure factions like Koch industries and J.P. Morgan really needed your help to defend them on a forum thread.

This post was last modified: 30.08.2014 00:06 by Helsworth.

30.08.2014 00:04
Alexei B.Miller
Co President of the Ros'Gaz Union State

Words count: 630,277
Experience: 6226
Glory Points: 710
Medals: 26

Vlaxia

spitefire Wrote:

Don't pay attention to Helsworth...his little ideals only work on paper....As a businessperson I can definitely tell you government is anti-business. Due to Obamacare my company I worked for is slowly eliminating 30% of its full time position and replacing them with double the people in part-time...Obama has officially made it illegal to have freedom of choice. But Helsworth doesn't know the effect of these regulation as he's not familiar with the industry.

"Hitler wanted to destroy Russia, everyone needs to remember how that ended"

Vladimir Putin

30.08.2014 05:33
Lord Weasel
Great Heavenly Supreme Eater of Rabbits

Words count: 66,104
Experience: 103889
Glory Points: 30
Medals: 2

The problem with Obamacare is that it is developed by private industries, it relies on private companies to deliver the care, and not a nationalised conglomorate like what used to be the NHS in Britain (which you might take note is still one of the bet in the world and costs the British tax payer not even half of what the US citizen pays in private taxes to . So of course it's costing an arm and a leg, these businesses have been given a right to tax you effectively, and all they care about is profit.

As for the debate against workers rights, it's a no brainer, the economy should benefit all of us, not just an overpaid elite. The more the working classes and middle classes are paid as a percentage of national income the faster the economy grows. Increased working rights can stimulate an economy.

30.08.2014 09:32
Helsworth
Heathen

Alexei B.Miller Wrote:

spitefire Wrote:

Don't pay attention to Helsworth...his little ideals only work on paper....As a businessperson I can definitely tell you government is anti-business. Due to Obamacare my company I worked for is slowly eliminating 30% of its full time position and replacing them with double the people in part-time...Obama has officially made it illegal to have freedom of choice. But Helsworth doesn't know the effect of these regulation as he's not familiar with the industry.

You're downsizing because of lack of sales, not because of public care option. As is to be expected in debt deflation period, when the government is not covering the private sector's spending shortfall - and the foreign sector is running a net commercial surplus against you.
Don't blame Obama on this. Blame the GOP congress (the deficit hawks) who favors only big business. Austerity is on them too, as well as on the democrats.

Lord Weasel Wrote:
The problem with Obamacare is that it is developed by private industries, it relies on private companies to deliver the care, and not a nationalised conglomorate like what used to be the NHS in Britain (which you might take note is still one of the bet in the world and costs the British tax payer not even half of what the US citizen pays in private taxes to . So of course it's costing an arm and a leg, these businesses have been given a right to tax you effectively, and all they care about is profit.

As for the debate against workers rights, it's a no brainer, the economy should benefit all of us, not just an overpaid elite. The more the working classes and middle classes are paid as a percentage of national income the faster the economy grows. Increased working rights can stimulate an economy.

Spot on. Plus, that overpaid elite appropriates an unfair portion of the wealth, which has been collectively produced by society. Their profits are made on the labor of others - and one can easily see the injustice of it all. The FIRE sector records uber profits, while the rest of the economy is in the negative - while the rest of us cover their surplus. That's fact! All transactions within the nongovernment sector net to 0! Wealth gap increase is all about unspent income. The opulent minority are taking away large quantities of money from the economic circuit - that leaves the economy working at depressed levels of output because of depressed sales, depressed employment figures, under employment, fewer benefits and lower wages, foreclosures, businesses going under et all.
It's so easy to understand.

This post was last modified: 30.08.2014 11:13 by Helsworth.

30.08.2014 11:04
Alexei B.Miller
Co President of the Ros'Gaz Union State

Words count: 630,277
Experience: 6226
Glory Points: 710
Medals: 26

Vlaxia

No sales have increased, but so have the cost. Profit margin has been reduced by around .7%. We're hoping the labor and benefit cuts will actually recover the margin and give us a gain by the end of next fiscal year. Not to mention since we have to take care of the shareholders the lower margin generally means I'll get a smaller bonus. This does NOT make me smile as I may have to put off my vacation!

"Hitler wanted to destroy Russia, everyone needs to remember how that ended"

Vladimir Putin

31.08.2014 04:29
Helsworth
Heathen

Alexei B.Miller Wrote:
No sales have increased, but so have the cost. Profit margin has been reduced by around .7%. We're hoping the labor and benefit cuts will actually recover the margin and give us a gain by the end of next fiscal year. Not to mention since we have to take care of the shareholders the lower margin generally means I'll get a smaller bonus. This does NOT make me smile as I may have to put off my vacation!

That's far smaller than what could be done. Numbers are going positive at a crawl. The US is still suffering from depressed sales.
You can check here some of the major economic indicators, along with insightful comments.
http://moslereconomics.com/

This post was last modified: 31.08.2014 08:37 by Helsworth.

31.08.2014 08:36
spitefire
Unregistered

That is interesting first he argues something that is paralleled in this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-5rxFDXW...Y&index=27

See if you all can spot it where Stefan talks about the argument made in the first part of his post.
Then he tries to blather on about austerity just so you all know and i am sure most of you already know but i will say it anyway (Increasing spending by 10% instead of 12% is not austerity) i am using a bit of game measuring stick for this but i am sure you know what i mean.
With that harboring comment i dare say he is projecting and seems confirmed by his use of the smear cannons in the last bit.

Besides that comic is not even funny it is just there to mock others who might not be Marxist enough for the author.

31.08.2014 22:21
Quote this message in a reply
Pages (6): « First [1] 2 3 4 5 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Awarding American campuses a failing grade! Helsworth 2 1,556 14.09.2021 02:44
Last Post: loyedbend2811
  Apologies from an American. Kahnite 15 1,839 09.05.2020 02:58
Last Post: adder
  American negroes must escape American Leftism to become a great people again CommieScum 2 1,335 20.10.2017 22:04
Last Post: CommieScum
  UN human rights watchdog orders Saudi Arabia to stop stoning children Helsworth 0 1,218 03.01.2017 11:53
Last Post: Helsworth
  Why Brexit is good for workers, Jimmy Dore gets it! Helsworth 0 1,123 02.07.2016 17:51
  American Gun Control yangusbeef 0 1,243 24.06.2016 19:02
Last Post: yangusbeef
  Pastafarian Denied Rights Because His Beliefs Are 'Fictional' Helsworth 3 1,250 18.04.2016 20:30
Last Post: yangusbeef
  China's economy is sputtering - Wall Street Journal dragonflare88 14 6,184 14.08.2015 14:43
Last Post: debauchery
  Cornel West on Bernie Sanders, Michael Eric Dyson, Trans Rights, and B.B. King Helsworth 0 1,366 05.08.2015 12:25
  Bill Maher Destroyed Again And Again By Reza Aslan Helsworth 1 1,200 31.07.2015 05:25
Last Post: debauchery

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites