Post Reply  Post Thread 

My States

Ajay Alcos
Unregistered

My States

Hello, I was wondering if you guys can look into my states and judge as to how I may improve them according to your ideological principles Big Grin

Eurasian Union
Nueva Grenada

18.05.2014 23:54
Quote this message in a reply
Richard Wilson
Unregistered

RE: My States

Lower income and capital taxes. Maintain consumption tax. Raise tariff rates until you have either balanced trade or a trade surplus. Institute Flat Income Tax for Eurasia and Negative Income Tax for Grenada. Privatize your health care, institute administrative reform and demilitarize to control wasteful expenditure and deficits. Lower your interest rate and increase your money supply because inflation isn't a serious concern as long as you have positive real economic growth. Go with the sensible task options as you receive them (I.e. moderate minimum wage, eliminating capital gains tax and targeting subsidies based on economic usefulness of each sector, eliminating anti trust laws and using tax incentives and subsidies to encourage consolidation.)
I'm running my most successful American State ever. 9% real annualized growth, 1.2% jobless rate, ultra high disposable income, trade surplus, low borrowing rate, low public indebtedness ratio and reasonable private sector saving rate Tongue

20.05.2014 04:26
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

The Russian template state is always high in unemployment. In Eurasian Union, consider implementing the negative tax rate to lower criminality, improve GINI, and trigger more consumption.

In Nueva Grenada, try to keep things modest - make no abrupt changes. As far as my experience with the Columbia template goes; it works in a constant "W"; even if you get high growth this quarter, the other you'll get a huge dip.
Try to bring welfare and pensions in sink with the living cost; for you have people dying of starvation. Also, birthrates should be lowered - the best way to do it without damaging the GINI is via task options.
You have high unemployment - another feature of the template. I'd focus on consumption taxes rather than labor taxes.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
20.05.2014 09:46
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Razick

Words count: 6,533
Group: Basic
Experience: 84
Glory Points: 50
Medals: 3

Ajay Alcos Wrote:
Hello, I was wondering if you guys can look into my states and judge as to how I may improve them according to your ideological principles Big Grin

Eurasian Union
Nueva Grenada

I would lower taxes significantly, but be careful that you don't let your debt go crazy (then you'll have more of your revenue going to interest and less to social services).

20.05.2014 23:44
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ajay Alcos
Unregistered

Richard Wilson Wrote:
Lower income and capital taxes. Maintain consumption tax. Raise tariff rates until you have either balanced trade or a trade surplus.

Helsworth Wrote:
The Russian template state is always high in unemployment. In Eurasian Union, consider implementing the negative tax rate to lower criminality, improve GINI, and trigger more consumption.
As far as my experience with the Columbia template goes; it works in a constant "W"; even if you get high growth this quarter, the other you'll get a huge dip.

Razick Wrote:
I would lower taxes significantly, but be careful that you don't let your debt go crazy (then you'll have more of your revenue going to interest and less to social services).

Many thanks to you guys, truly Smile

For both my states I plan over the next 3 to 6 years have excise taxes at 50%, acquisition at 12%, capital at 1% and tariffs anywhere between 5 to 10%. Spending will be reduced in some areas like defense (10 bil for Eurasia and 1 bil for Grenada respectively) whilst pensions will be in sync with living costs while welfare will become half that of living costs. For Eurasia I plan to use subsidies as a partial way to battle unemployment and given the chance I have the money to invest, it shall be placed on projects to better the infrastructure and economy of both states.

The reforms I aim to implement in the next few years are the Pension Reform, Flat Income Tax, Money Reform I and Labour Market Reform. To put into more simpler terms though, I wish help strengthen and expand the private sector of both economies whilst used the public sector only as a emergency backup in case of catastrophes to my economy.

But hey, life's a game. Therefore after I shore my economy and budget I might share some insights as to directions I wish put forth for my state. Again your help, all the help you have given me is a greatly appreciated - Thank you.

21.05.2014 07:57
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  What do you think of my states? Ajay Alcos 3 1,132 09.11.2014 02:55
Last Post: Rising Phoenix
  Can you create two states? Acroticus 3 1,352 28.05.2011 04:51
Last Post: DRLHyper
  Payments in world states Mao 2 1,318 30.01.2011 20:47
Last Post: Mao
  2-tick states? JosephLJ 2 1,364 26.07.2010 04:06
Last Post: JosephLJ
  'States' Menu ystradband 0 1,166 14.03.2010 13:26
Last Post: ystradband
  An-Cap States Akeron 13 3,608 16.12.2009 13:15
Last Post: Sheep
Question Coupling to other states Modrevius 0 1,156 29.01.2009 02:43
Last Post: Modrevius
Question Historical happiness (the best states ever) Modrevius 1 1,397 21.01.2009 08:47
Last Post: comfreak
  Searching for states by criteria Modrevius 1 1,206 14.01.2009 02:56
Last Post: Sheep

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites