Dennis Skinner

Words count: 275
Group: Basic
Experience: 288
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

Right Angles
Nominal Interest

Basically in my state 'Right Angles' the nominal interest rate has crashed over the last 12 or so quarters (maybe longer). In that period I had lowered it once at most, but it kept on tumbling down.

Now it has reached 1%. In the last quarter (budget quarter) I raised it as much as I could. It is still at 1% (ought to be 1.2%).

I can't see a way of getting it back up? I seem to vaguely remember when I tried playing this game before (years ago now) that something similar happened.

So am I missing a way to get the nominal interest rate up? It has screwed up inflation pretty badly, going from ~4% average to ~6% now.

28.05.2018 13:57
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrProper
天皇

Words count: 318,362
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 179116
Glory Points: 2882
Medals: 75

Hammerfest
Dai Nippon
Svalbard
Zyten
AlBacha
RE: Nominal Interest

If your state continues to accumulate debts, the nominal interest will eventually start increasing by itself as well again. (Of course you can than "push" this development in you budget)

If you decided to repay your states debt later on, just make sure the nominal interest stays in a regime where your changes in the budget are significant enough to keep the interest at a sufficiently high level. Making a wild guess, I would say that a nominal interest above 4% with maximum increases should be enough.

富国強兵

This post was last modified: 06.06.2018 16:51 by MrProper.

28.05.2018 21:12
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Unemployment, Corruption, and Interest Rate Hogosha 5 1,218 07.06.2010 19:07
Last Post: Helsworth

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites