Group: Basic
Experience: 269
Glory Points: 100
Medals: 1

RE: Obama v Romney

Globaltom Wrote:
Well im shure i will vote again and
note a lake, but a party Smile

Be warned of the wall of text I wrote while not paying attention to how long it was before entering, you have been warned Hehe (suffice to say I spent about a hour between this and a math problem that was boggling me, and switching back to this after I got frustrated every few minutes to type for a minute Pfeif), scroll to the bottom to see the tl;dr version

Would that happen to be another Tea Party? (No, not the political party, like the Boston Tea Party Tongue). Jokes aside doubt I'll vote unless my vote actually counts for something (as in, direct democracy, instead of people who have probably been bought to choose someone or threatened into it, the joys of the electoral college nowadays (in retrospect this makes me sound a lot older than I am Pfeif, the nowadays comment at least)). But I wouldn't put it below the people to vote for an inanimate object into office with the way most voters seem to be easily swayed (I can imagine it now, a PAC (read as: company) making ads to vote for a brand named product such as Coca-Cola Pfeif, and actually winning the election by a landslide). People are too gullible and too easily manipulated to be trusted for themselves all the time (at least when it comes to politics, other things the average person can handle, but with politics it really comes down to what channel they watch, what the highlights are, how in tuned to reality they are, and how far left or right the station typically is, and how easily they can get the facts from what they are shown, which we all know is not so much fact as twisting reality or just straight up lies meant to relate the two things (such as communism and Obama), which doesn't matter if they get called out on since to them, they've accomplished the goal, you relate the two whether you realize it or not more often than not). Now that I've gone off in a tangent, that is why I am for basically a democratic-technocracy (democratic because I believe the people should have a say in government by at least electing them, even though generally speaking democratic and technocracy do not sound like they would work flawlessly together Pfeif) being established Pfeif (be it world wide or US only, the point being to get things done without special groups lobbying for laws that the senators/congressmen/president probably has no idea on the affects of such, such as passing a law allowing more CO2 pollution in exchange for higher corporate taxes, the politician probably is not well educated into the affects of what will happen because of it or was paid to say otherwise, granted nothing is stopping that from happening if we did switch but at least the other technocrats would be able to refute the one saying so, making it just that much more expensive to try and bribe all the officials instead of a few key ones). Now that it is pretty off topic , here is my attempt on intertwining it with the topic, aside from the fact that I can't vote (because my birthday isn't until April, and election is next week), but if I had to vote I'd vote for Obama if for nothing more to not vote Romney, I'd consider the 3rd party candidates, but I know nothing of any of them (thanks to the mainstream media and corporations that fund them Pfeif) so I'd rather vote for the person I know about and who I've seen in action (as president) to at least know what to expect and to have relative stability (with many things looking up and getting better, it would not be wise to have a drastic change during a sensitive recovery), and if there was a technocrat party with a nominee I'd potentially vote for them, assuming they have a record to run on (as in has experience in the matter, not a first time politician running for president or something, but that leads into the paradox of wanting experience but not getting people to have it in the first place)

tl;dr version
basically I think that countries (individually or world wide) should become democratic-technocracies since politicians now are simply bought (and those that aren't almost always quickly are, or stop running for office for various reasons such as threats), and with technocrats they would all know information in their fields (ie technology, healthcare, buildings) and with the engineers, scientists, and doctors ruling it would be a lot harder for companies to bribe a few key people into silencing them, and this relates to the election because we have been shown how blatantly clear Romney is representing the same corporations that are the ones buying the politicians (this much seems obvious to me at least, if you have something showing contrary please enlighten me Wink) or lobbying them into what they want passed or not passed

Again, sorry for the wall of text Pfeif, and if I need to clarify something please let me know, I made this post when I was really tired and working with very large numbers (6.02*10^23/(7,076,138,540*1,814.37)) to be precise

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
(By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under Liberty.)
If the opposite of pro is con, what is the opposite of progress?
Congress.

This post was last modified: 01.11.2012 05:33 by Snorunt30.

01.11.2012 05:31
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AWOLRanger

Words count: 47
Experience: 33
Glory Points: 0

I'm not voting for either of them, I'm voting for Gov. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate. If he can get 5%, then the Libertarian Party becomes classified as a major party, and gets $90 Million in 2016 for their candidate (which will probably be Gov. Johnson again.)

02.11.2012 04:33
MarcusAquila

Words count: 18,923
Experience: 50
Glory Points: 25
Medals: 2

Quote:
I'm voting for Gov. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate.

That is a risky move on the part of people who care deeply enough (ie Libertarians). Though I personally like Libertarian positions, most Americans aren't educated enough to understand the issues. It's much easier to scream and shout and burn/wave flags. And thus, Libertarians' voices are drowned out and ignorance and corruption reign.

Quote:
If he can get 5%, then the Libertarian Party becomes classified as a major party, and gets $90 Million in 2016 for their candidate

Hopefully that day comes soon! If Libertarians could capture a state or two and turn them into models for how they'd run the country, I'm fairly sure they would vie for the #2 spot during elections. In that case, they'd form a coalition government with either the GOP or Dems and start forcing them to reduce the statism that is rampant in America.

Wouldn't it be a better idea for the Libertarians to focus on the local/state and federal representative levels? It is highly unlikely they would ever capture the presidency, at least in the next 50 years, but they could easily get most of the Western states and possibly Texas making making them either a replacement or a competitive alternative to the Republican party. Such interesting times.

The hand of the aggressor is stayed by strength and strength alone.
Gen. Dwight Eisenhower

I am in earnest – I will not equivocate – I will not excuse – I will not retreat a single inch – AND I WILL BE HEARD.
William Lloyd Garrison
02.11.2012 17:53
Snorunt30

Words count: 54,477

MarcusAquila Wrote:

Quote:
I'm voting for Gov. Gary Johnson, the Libertarian candidate.

That is a risky move on the part of people who care deeply enough (ie Libertarians). Though I personally like Libertarian positions, most Americans aren't educated enough to understand the issues. It's much easier to scream and shout and burn/wave flags. And thus, Libertarians' voices are drowned out and ignorance and corruption reign.

Quote:
If he can get 5%, then the Libertarian Party becomes classified as a major party, and gets $90 Million in 2016 for their candidate

Hopefully that day comes soon! If Libertarians could capture a state or two and turn them into models for how they'd run the country, I'm fairly sure they would vie for the #2 spot during elections. In that case, they'd form a coalition government with either the GOP or Dems and start forcing them to reduce the statism that is rampant in America.

Wouldn't it be a better idea for the Libertarians to focus on the local/state and federal representative levels? It is highly unlikely they would ever capture the presidency, at least in the next 50 years, but they could easily get most of the Western states and possibly Texas making making them either a replacement or a competitive alternative to the Republican party. Such interesting times.

The thinking for why now is probably along the lines of in 50 years, the way things are now we are completely screwed (in terms of deficits, national debt, and potentially abroad with at least 4 states (mostly southern iirc) threatening to arrest UN observers, which if continues could lead to many more problems abroad), our complete dependence on oil supplies from abroad and the rather large amount of ignorance that the pipeline from Canada would only take jobs as all the "new" oil already arrives via cargo ships which likely will end poorly , and the fact that we need change now to even think that we will continue to exist as we currently know it. Even if they won all the western states within the next 50 years, it'd be too little too late to save us.
And sorry for the delay but even with Sandy the school didn't delay quarter end so was panicking and trying to make up quizzes that were supposed to be done monday, and emailing work to teachers Sad

Anyone want to make a stab as to who will win popular and electorally? (as in popular vote and electoral college), I'm thinking all of the states hit by Sandy might have upsets if they were pro-Romney Pfeif

Congress.
05.11.2012 05:04
saloth sar
zombie robespierre

Words count: 502
Experience: 0
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

As capitalism progresses, I think we will find that you can be both a corporate whore and sleep in your car.
And you will proudly proclaim yourself a social-democrat or a 'libertarian' (only if you're a retarded American, Europe has grown out of that) like you're some kind of member of the British royal family, and we all give a shit what you think.
It's time to grow out of your college years.

This post was last modified: 05.11.2012 15:00 by saloth sar.

05.11.2012 14:54
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Making an abstraction of Alex Jone's bulllshit "facts" and "statistics", and the way he concludes, falsely accusing Noam Chomsky of being a globalist, just because the man doesn't agree on gun-policy, the interview is quite good. I thank Bakto for providing me with the link. It's quite relevant with the thread's theme.
PS: you should skip with all the bullshit commercials also

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 05.11.2012 15:25 by Helsworth.

05.11.2012 15:24
Globaltom
Alter Recke

Words count: 1,086,576
Experience: 816
Glory Points: 330
Medals: 12

Suedparadies

Helsworth Wrote:
Making an abstraction of Alex Jone's bulllshit "facts" and "statistics", and the way he concludes, falsely accusing Noam Chomsky of being a globalist, just because the man doesn't agree on gun-policy, the interview is quite good. I thank Bakto for providing me with the link. It's quite relevant with the thread's theme.
PS: you should skip with all the bullshit commercials also

Alex jones is an cowboy and conspiracy theoretic ,
should we really waste time with him Hmm

Briefwähler

This post was last modified: 05.11.2012 17:58 by Globaltom.

05.11.2012 17:58
Snorunt30

Words count: 54,477

saloth sar Wrote:
As capitalism progresses, I think we will find that you can be both a corporate whore and sleep in your car.
And you will proudly proclaim yourself a social-democrat or a 'libertarian' (only if you're a retarded American, Europe has grown out of that) like you're some kind of member of the British royal family, and we all give a shit what you think.

Assuming this was directed at me, I'm not even in college, but what exactly did you accomplish by stating this? All I was looking for was opinions on the two people in the very title of the topic Hmm, so no need to be a donkey (replace with the actual names of them Hehe), and consider myself more along the lines of a social democratic cosmopolitan (based on the ars political test and what appears to be the common definition of it), so to reiterate, what have you accomplished with this statement?

@Helsworth, the two middle interviews are 0:00/0 so I can't view it Sad

Congress.
05.11.2012 23:30
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

Snorunt30 Wrote:

saloth sar Wrote:

Assuming this was directed at me, I'm not even in college, but what exactly did you accomplish by stating this? All I was looking for was opinions on the two people in the very title of the topic Hmm, so no need to be a donkey (replace with the actual names of them Hehe), and consider myself more along the lines of a social democratic cosmopolitan (based on the ars political test and what appears to be the common definition of it), so to reiterate, what have you accomplished with this statement?

@Helsworth, the two middle interviews are 0:00/0 so I can't view it Sad

Just ignore him, Snorunt. He's just a professional troll that likes to post trollish things from time to time. The guy's a countryman of yours, from New Mexico. The vids work for me. Try viewing them on youtube, if the embeded form doesn't work.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache

This post was last modified: 06.11.2012 00:15 by Helsworth.

06.11.2012 00:13
Pages (12): « First < Previous 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Double Standards: Where Were the Liberal Protesters During Obama's Wars? Helsworth 11 2,995 08.03.2017 16:08
Last Post: yangusbeef
  Trump Muslim Ban Made Possible By Obama Admin & Media Won't Tell You Helsworth 10 2,586 31.01.2017 16:17
Last Post: Nietzsche
  Obama and the U.S.A. brings the world to the cusp of WW3, emergency UN meeting called yangusbeef 1 1,584 20.09.2016 00:37
Last Post: Ajay Alcos
  Transatlantic recovery stories: Austerity vs Obama BaktoMakhno 21 5,171 03.04.2012 23:25
Last Post: Rooney
  Mitt-Romney Full Video RichardAWilson 27 5,052 23.01.2012 18:10
Last Post: Helsworth
  Is Obama really a skunk? RichardAWilson 25 5,375 31.12.2011 05:45
Last Post: beste
  Prophetic Speech on Obama BaktoMakhno 16 3,926 29.11.2011 10:11
Last Post: ernesteverhard
  Obama and Irene Titian 10 3,051 28.08.2011 09:19
Last Post: Triniteras23
  In Latest Compromise, Obama Agrees He Is a Muslim Triniteras 41 10,341 15.12.2010 02:34
Last Post: DRLHyper
  Chomsky on Obama, Iran, Nato, Nuclear free zones martinq 0 1,702 30.04.2010 14:03
Last Post: martinq

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites