Pehdred

Words count: 22,986
Group: Basic
Experience: 313
Glory Points: 70
Medals: 3

RE: Off-RP-Thread [Off-Game / Off-Topic Discussion]

Greetings!

The nation of Dakkialand will focus itself on the production of major statistical data which will be made available through the DSRI, or Dakkian Statistical Research Institute. The developments accross all nations will be presented in the form of lists, rankings and indexes, at least twice a year (every other Quarter). Another important matter for the Dakkian government will be the maintenance of the World's Environment.

Other proposals will include Sports events such as the Olympics or a Football World Cup to be organised periodically.

27.06.2017 15:54
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hanseat24601
Mitte-Linksliberaler

Words count: 30,384
Experience: 159
Glory Points: 95
Medals: 4

@Blue Wizard: Yes, I would be interested in joining such an alliance. But I think it's should become an organisation to Work together in military things. Maybe it wil bei an defence-alloance against the Esser's Fascists.

@General Mangi:That's something we could do but I think wenn should also build global alliances like in Olympus for example. We can connect this classical alliance ideas with some regional threathies. So we could make both.

28.06.2017 22:02
Blue Wizard
Darkness-Slayer

Words count: 123,323
Experience: 5680
Glory Points: 2410
Medals: 54

Hanseat:

The Association of Neutral Nations (ANN) would be a defensive military alliance. That said, I am very reluctant to automatically position the alliance as an explicitly anti-fascist organization. Being truly neutral will open the door to more interesting role-play.

Most respectfully,

-Jay

"Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in." -Andrew Jackson
29.06.2017 04:06
General Mangi
Unregistered

Hanseat24601 Wrote:
@General Mangi:That's something we could do but I think wenn should also build global alliances like in Olympus for example. We can connect this classical alliance ideas with some regional threathies. So we could make both.

I agree that global alliances should emerge, I just think that this time we should let the regional role play precede the global role play.

It would be really interesting if there were preexisting conflicts and/or partnerships between regional states. Maybe this is something that could be integrated at the start of subsequent worlds.

I'm just one guy though, I understand that this is most likely the minority view for World Seoul.

29.06.2017 04:48
Quote this message in a reply
MrProper
天皇

Words count: 405,306
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 179784
Glory Points: 3342
Medals: 84

Hammerfest
Shenzhou
Tibit
Mongol Uls

Hanseat24601 Wrote:
[...] Maybe it wil bei an defence-alloance against the Esser's Fascists.

Unfortunately, Esser deleted his state in Seoul.

Given the increasing participation of English speaking players in this world, I will repeat my earlier statement: I unfortunately do not have as much time as I used to have. Therefore, my participation (and ambitions) in this world will be rather limited. Since I joined this great community, I have won two worlds by most glory points (which was only possible because of support from other players).
I still enjoy the game, but I feel that others should have their chances. I also did not pick a power state template, in order to make some room for a players with less experience. Nonetheless, I am glad to play with you guys again and do not per se exclude the option to join a local faction.

富国強兵

Welt Essen
Xu Liu - President of the peoples republic of Shenzhou | Präsident der Volksrepublik Shenzhou
Kim Jong Boom - President of the peoples republic of Indochina | Präsident der Volksrepublik Indochina
29.06.2017 15:54
Indi
Diktator

Words count: 15,644
Experience: 500
Glory Points: 65
Medals: 3

Toscatta

Blue Wizard Wrote:
Fellow Players:

Would any of you be interested in aligning with a neutral, defensive military alliance?

I am currently considering founding the Association of Neutral Nations (ANN), but I do not want to do so if there is only tepid interest.

Thanks,

-Jay

Something like the Non-Aligned Movement (NAM)? (Just with the defensive alliance)

"La propriété, c'est le vol!"
Pierre Joseph Proudhon

"Vorwärts, auf diese Entfernung könnten die doch nicht einmal einen Elefanten treffen!"

John Sedgwick,General im amerikanischen Bürgerkrieg,letzte Worte bevor er von einem Scharfschützen getötet wurde,1863.
29.06.2017 16:23
Blue Wizard
Darkness-Slayer

Words count: 123,323
Experience: 5680
Glory Points: 2410
Medals: 54

Indi:

That is, more or less, the idea.

Cheers,

-Jay

"Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in." -Andrew Jackson
01.07.2017 03:06
Burkean
Mercurian Observer

Words count: 35,127
Group: Premium
Experience: 1613910
Glory Points: 220
Medals: 10

General Mangi Wrote:
It would be really interesting if there were preexisting conflicts and/or partnerships between regional states. Maybe this is something that could be integrated at the start of subsequent worlds.

I agree. I would be interested in a world with regional power blocs and an international alliance or two of mostly smaller states. If people could pick their location and plan ahead, it would be sublime.

I learned from Brasilia there are issues with planning a regional alliance ahead of time, with random nation assignment. For example, you can't pick your neighbors, and when you are successful, you will have nations worldwide applying to join.

I don't mean to discourage you, it's just something to consider. Good to see you back again btw.

01.07.2017 04:12
General Mangi
Unregistered

I think the deeper problem is that we are all collectively thrown into a world where we are asked to create a unilateral history for all of our states which can not possibly coincide with other unilaterally generated histories.

I think the innovation I am seeing is extremely promising, in regards to inter-alliance payments and a more immersive and diverse nuclear game. However, if i can use a metaphor here, these are advancements to the icing on the cake and not reforming the underlying simulation.

I think we have time to make a real impact on this simulation, before World Seoul starts.

I think we should have randomly generated histories for at least the states who reside in the same region. For example, say my state and Burkean's state end up residing in the Middle Eastern region. We can either have a positive starting point or a negative one. Maybe Burkean saved my state in the past from a foreign invasion, or on the flip side maybe his forefathers committed a genocide against my forefathers.

I can think of dozens of randomly generated histories that could not only increase the realism of the simulation, but also breathe new life into the role play. This situation also doesn't affect the global role play much at all.

It may seem like a tall order but Benediktus & I realize that it is only a few functions and for loops away from fruition.

03.07.2017 19:00
Quote this message in a reply
Esser14
@realAttilaJuhász

Words count: 203,638
Experience: 6921
Glory Points: 1490
Medals: 62

Confederacy
Polandia

Wait, I am still on board! Benedikt just kindly toke care of my state, this was necessary because world Kevin begun so early and I just didn't expected it. (He also renamed my glorious Vaterland to ... look it up yourself if you have to.)

For those players, who already are planing an explicitly anti-esser organization, I have the announcement that my teammates and I decided not to play a Hitler-Nazi-Germany-World-domination kind of fascism, but we will experiment with some new kinds of fascist and authoritarian governments. So you don't have to worry about a World War right at the beginning. Also we can be very cooperative unless you are provoking us and impose us our role as evil fascists.
(So maybe you want to reconsider establishing an explicitly anti-esser organization, Blue Wizard.)

I repeat my invitation for each player to join my alliance.
I know that many of you just want to live peaceful, but the world will be boring if one defensive alliance dominates everyone and blockes of all of our attempts to gain enough power to challenge the explicit anti-esser organization. And let's be straightforward: The imperialistic alliance always had struggled to gather enough teammates.

This is an important point why I think there should be no defence-alloance against the Esser's Fascists. It impose us the role of the bad guys and gridlockes the RP from the very beginning.

Well, the blockade of all our actions doesn't even give us the chance to become these bad guys you plan to fighting against in the first place.

What do you think?

This post was last modified: 03.07.2017 22:14 by Esser14.

03.07.2017 22:08
Pages (6): « First < Previous 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: