Ars Regendi Simulation Forum
Super powers - Printable Version

+- Ars Regendi Simulation Forum (https://forum.ars-regendi.com)
+-- Forum: English (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1321)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (/forumdisplay.php?fid=16)
+--- Thread: Super powers (/showthread.php?tid=1214)

Super powers - Malone - 03.03.2008 10:14

If you had the awesome chance to chose one of the following super powers, which one would you elect? Cool Or do you have other suggestions?

PS: of course you can switch the powers on/off like you want Glotz

antevd

RE: Super powers - Bulent Epikur - 03.03.2008 12:31

Flying! An old dream from the mankind and me too! Groove
But without this jet engine drived turbines on the back.Nono

RE: Super powers - Atomtomate - 03.03.2008 14:28

IQ 250 of course.. i would just invent something to fly without jet engines xD

RE: Super powers - Sheep - 03.03.2008 16:03

Can I have everything? Tongue No, just kidding, each of those powers is quite cool.

I'd prefer the teleportation, it saves a lot of time and money. You could see everything you like on Earth, depending on how powerful it is you could even visit other planets. Big Grin

Just dont forget the sudden temperature and pressure difference between two locations can shock or kill you, so better prepare... Blink15x18

The other powers:

Flying: You can get something close to that with technology, though it isnt exactly the same. For traveling incredible speed and teleportation are superior.

X-ray vision: Knowing secrets with just a view, sounds nice. However, thought reading may give you more information you like. Most things you could see will be known by other people.

Knowing the nearest future and being able to change it: This gives you high control over your life and allows to make many things right. However you can still get into trouble if there is no way out for your current situation (for example when you are chased by a tiger). And it would be quite exhausting to always see present and future at the same time...

Being incredibly fast: Would mean you can live several lifes in the time of one - but your slow fellow men will frustrate you. Sure, you can do work in incredible short time, travel quick and rescue people from an exploding atomic plant - but when dealing with usuals humans, you will have to switch back to normal speed. :hm:

Being undestroyable: May help in some situations, but you could still be imprisoned or sunk in a lake. And after all, you are not immortal, so you will become older like anyone.

IQ 250: This was my favourite first, since it offers the potential to understand about everything and solve incredible difficult problems in incredible short time. But again, like the incredible speed it's about your fellow men - they will bore you, they will not understand the greatness of your ideas, they will dislike you for making them feel stupid. So you could end up with ideas able to change the world, but nobody wants them... Perhaps they will understand it centuries later (like Michelangelo's flight machine), after you died a lonely death. Sad

Thought reading: Sounds great first, but in fact you can have something close to this as an usual human. Invest enough time in learning about body language and people's motivation, and you come relatively close to thought reading. If you can actually read thoughts, people might also fear you for knowing their secrets without problems...

Invisibility: Invisility at will would be great for gathering information you otherwise dont get and for escaping. However, you could still be detected (for example by making noise).

Telekinesis: This would be fun sometimes, but I dont see an use which would really change your life.

RE: Super powers - Schwarzer_Abt - 03.03.2008 20:32

I would take care not to talk too much. The answer can tell something about your mind. Skeps15x18

RE: Super powers - Sheep - 03.03.2008 21:01

Schwarzer_Abt Wrote:
I would take care not to talk too much. The answer can tell something about your mind. Skeps15x18

Fear leading to self-censorship is not the answer to control delusion and bigotry. Smile

RE: Super powers - Z. Beeblebrox - 03.03.2008 21:45

Don't need IQ 250, I already have this one. Wink
I like BE would take the flying for quite the same reason.

RE: Super powers - Malone - 03.03.2008 22:50

Schwarzer_Abt Wrote:

You are a very anxious person Hahaha

Well, I chosed indestructibility. No deseases, and you can have a lot of fun with it and earn a lot of money for a convinient life Big Grin

IQ 250? No brain, no pain. The more brain, the harder the pain Nono

RE: Super powers - 137 - 03.03.2008 23:31

Of course, dear Thread-creator, you must be watching "Heroes" Wink

I´d choose the Future seeing ability. This is what makes you "see" someone fly over, or someone teleporting in front of you, even before they could think about doing it through usage of their superpowers.

Besides i always wanted to drive a Porsche GT2. And i think its impossible without knowing the Lotto numbers. So i made my point clear, i think Wink

And if i could see future, i wouldn´t need a VIP account, cause i could do my own Prognosis. Haw.

cheers, and god bless my holy Cuba-Libre.

RE: Super powers - Malone - 04.03.2008 00:03

No, I did not see Heroes yet. I saw the quite bad movie "Next" where Nicolas Cage was able to see into the near future. And when I think about it, he was nearly indestructible too Skeps15x18

RE: Super powers - Anniston - 01.11.2017 05:22

Among there super powers I will surely choose flying..
flying is my passion ..i love flying..
but by the super powers I want fly without the help of any jet engine.
I want fly myself..
all along the sky among the clouds just like an eagle ..
I is just a impossible dream that every man focus will dream once in their childhood.even I did the same.JajaTongue

RE: Super powers - TheLastShah - 01.11.2017 20:47

Sheep Wrote:
Can I have everything? Tongue No, just kidding, each of those powers is quite cool.

I'd prefer the teleportation [...]

My thoughts to the point Eeks Nice! Daumenhoch

Especially the part on IQ 250 - seems nice first, but it would be horrible..

RE: Super powers - Sato - 26.11.2017 15:04

Teleportation I think would be one of the more useful powers. Being able to instantly travel anywhere you need or want. Plus probably less unintended consequences for the ability. Don't know what inherent trade-offs an ability would require. Similar to increased speed, before perfecting it you could hit a wall; while teleportation you wouldn't go anywhere. But I guess you could end up in a wall.*shrugs*

RE: Super powers - Son Goku - 28.11.2017 15:40

Flying, teleportation, super human speeds and strength... sounds pretty much like... well, like this guy:

I want the spikey hair, too.

RE: Super powers - Carbaen - 20.06.2019 12:59

Atomtomate Wrote:

For this you just need physikal knowledge and creativity, no super high IQ needed.

TheLastShah Wrote:

Sheep Wrote:

The IQ isn't the same as knowledge

RE: Super powers - Malone - 20.06.2019 13:19

Carbaen Wrote:

Atomtomate Wrote:

For this you just need physikal knowledge and creativity, no super high IQ needed.

TheLastShah Wrote:

Sheep Wrote:

The IQ isn't the same as knowledge

But a high IQ lets learn you easily Oldno

RE: Super powers - HUNDmiau - 28.06.2019 19:06

Not necessarily. A high IQ can also result from being good at music, tact, creativity and so on.

The IQ is, in my opinion, outdated and honestly not worth it's time. It basicly tells you how good one is at IQ-Tests, nothing more. Maybe, it can show an somewhat vague way for school, but that's it. And the last part tells you more about how broken our school system is than how smart or "good at learning" one is.

I want the power to shape-shift. Like, complete control over every aspect of my outside apperance. From growing additional limbs, to growing muscles to shaping into another human being to what ever. Would be fun.