Ars Regendi Simulation Forum
Regent Name - Printable Version

+- Ars Regendi Simulation Forum (https://forum.ars-regendi.com)
+-- Forum: English (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1321)
+--- Forum: Suggestions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Thread: Regent Name (/showthread.php?tid=14981)

Regent Name - GeorgeBell - 03.05.2011 18:37

I think it would be more realistic and appropriate, especially in democracies such as mine, if you could be called Prime Minister or President. The option of Regent could still be there for people who do not wish to have multi-party democracies.

RE: Regent Name - Helsworth - 03.05.2011 18:41

GeorgeBell Wrote:
I think it would be more realistic and appropriate, especially in democracies such as mine, if you could be called Prime Minister or President. The option of Regent could still be there for people who do not wish to have multi-party democracies.

That would be kinda difficult for the matrix to do. The term regent is broader and can encompass more.

RE: Regent Name - GeorgeBell - 03.05.2011 19:05

Would it be so difficult to be able to write what kind of Leader you want to be, it would also make it more realistic.

RE: Regent Name - Helsworth - 03.05.2011 19:24

GeorgeBell Wrote:
Would it be so difficult to be able to write what kind of Leader you want to be, it would also make it more realistic.

It depends on how moddable the game's original design is.

RE: Regent Name - Lord Alexander - 03.05.2011 22:44

GeorgeBell Wrote:

In democratic country the leader presumably should not continuously govern for decades, so there is not much sense in adding such option. Simply use your imagination. Also you can describe the official title of your ruler in the nation’s description.

RE: Regent Name - DRLHyper - 04.05.2011 08:04

Helsworth Wrote:

GeorgeBell Wrote:

It depends on how moddable the game's original design is.

Having coursed 4 years in a technical school (thought left it); I can say: Agree with this^

RE: Regent Name - GeorgeBell - 04.05.2011 19:30

Lord Alexander Wrote:

GeorgeBell Wrote:

In democratic country the leader presumably should not continuously govern for decades, so there is not much sense in adding such option. Simply use your imagination. Also you can describe the official title of your ruler in the nation’s description.

In a democratic country, the leader can continue for decades is he keeps getting voted in.

RE: Regent Name - DRLHyper - 04.05.2011 20:32

GeorgeBell Wrote:

Lord Alexander Wrote:

GeorgeBell Wrote:

In a democratic country, the leader can continue for decades is he keeps getting voted in.

Not necesarily.

In my country for example, there is 2-term consecutive limit. After which, someone else needs to be elected and you can be re-elected after that term.

RE: Regent Name - Lord Alexander - 04.05.2011 20:38

Exactly. Besides, how many genuinely democratic countries you know in which the elected leader had stayed in power for two or three decades?

RE: Regent Name - GeorgeBell - 04.05.2011 21:49

The UK.

RE: Regent Name - DRLHyper - 04.05.2011 22:35

GeorgeBell Wrote:
The UK.

Which, to be honest, is not exactly a "Model Democracy"... Hmm

RE: Regent Name - OVERSIER - 04.05.2011 23:07

GeorgeBell Wrote:
The UK.

Uk is not a democracy . It is a constitutional monarchy .

RE: Regent Name - Uggla6 - 05.05.2011 05:06

well theorically Eygpt and other Middle Eastern countries that have yes/no votes. Even Napoleon was voted in with over 90% (now how many people would vote against him with his guards right there and also no other canidates were availible) Wink. Does it matter what you are called regent or leader is basic enough. It would be cool though to be able to run different governments (democracy, monarchy, dictatorship, communism). Although that would fun but VERY complicated. Noplan

btw yes the US a president can only run for 2 terms (8 years)

RE: Regent Name - Lord Alexander - 05.05.2011 05:15

All these examples have nothing to do with genuine democracy.

GeorgeBell Wrote:
The UK.

Well, yes, in eighteenth century there was one Prime Minister who was in power for twenty-one years, but it can be argued that at that time UK was not a true democracy.

RE: Regent Name - GeorgeBell - 05.05.2011 10:20

The UK is a democracy.

David Cameron could quite easily continue as Prime Minister for 20 years if voters continue to vote for him.

RE: Regent Name - Lord Alexander - 05.05.2011 14:10

Um, silly me, it seems that I forgot about Margaret Thatcher. blush In any case these exceptions only confirm that it is very uncommon for democratically elected leader to stay in power for so long.

Simply use your nation’s description to show the title of your ruler. In that way you even can roleplay the democratic transition of power in your nation. This would be much more realistic and flexible and at the same time will not require any changes in the program.

RE: Regent Name - DRLHyper - 05.05.2011 18:33

Lord Alexander Wrote:
Um, silly me, it seems that I forgot about Margaret Thatcher. blush In any case these exceptions only confirm that it is very uncommon for democratically elected leader to stay in power for so long.

Simply use your nation’s description to show the title of your ruler. In that way you even can roleplay the democratic transition of power in your nation. This would be much more realistic and flexible and at the same time will not require any changes in the program.

Yes, abstractization is the solution. Wink

Also, that way you can also RP how you maintain your 'influence' when technically not in power (aka, like Putin as Primer Minister of Russia instead of being the President).