Ars Regendi Simulation Forum
Common Questions About the Game - Printable Version

+- Ars Regendi Simulation Forum (https://forum.ars-regendi.com)
+-- Forum: English (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1321)
+--- Forum: Questions (/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Common Questions About the Game (/showthread.php?tid=943)

Common Questions About the Game - Sgt.Pepper - 01.02.2008 08:53

Please post your questions about the game in this thread. There is also a germen one for the german-speaking part of the community.
The team will answer them as soon as possible. Jaja

Before you post a questions please check if that questions is already answered in another thread or in the FAQs.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Samiott - 03.02.2008 03:41

Help! I was out of town for a few days and now my state isn't active. It says "Exitus Assassination". Is there anyway to fix this?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Sgt.Pepper - 03.02.2008 11:13

It means that you were assassinated. So you're dead. I'm sorry but there's no possibility to change this.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - gottvater - 03.02.2008 12:43

Samiott Wrote:
...I was out of town for a few days and now my state isn't active...

Schau in dein Profil. Dort, bei "Abwesenheitsinformation" kann der Staat eingefroren werden solange du willst. Dann wirst Du nicht ermordet Wink.

Gruß
gottvater

--- google trans ---
Look into your profile, there you set "away information" and the state will frozen as long as you want. Then you will not murdered Wink.

greeting
God

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Sgt.Pepper - 18.02.2008 13:56

Another try:
Please do not post your questions in seperate threads.
Do this here.

Thanks Smile

RE: Common Questions About the Game - cesium62 - 25.02.2008 10:29

Okay, so I found this thread and got one of my questions answered. In the re-capitulation, where is says the game day starts at 3am, maybe the timezone should be specified? Presumably you mean GMT, but being redundant wouldn't hurt.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Odin - 05.05.2009 19:28

How can i join a state ? Please answer me fast, i cant find it.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Sheep - 05.05.2009 19:44

You can found one, move to http://www.ars-regendi.com/ and press "New State" at the right side. It is not about joining an existing state like in eRepublik.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - giansamson2003 - 20.12.2009 10:51

Hi, is it possible to delete a state and start again? If yes, how? I don't think I saw any link pointing me to the instructions. Thanks!

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 20.12.2009 15:07

In your overview page of your state, to the bottom of the page you have change state and delete state. Wink

RE: Common Questions About the Game - giansamson2003 - 20.12.2009 16:07

Why didn't I see that? XD Thank you!

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Mklangelo - 16.04.2010 23:05

Hello,

Can someone explain how the trade is done. I see the codes for the various trading goods/services.

They are separated by: ||

I'm a bit unclear as to how this should be understood. I don't have a nation in an active world right now so I am unable to work with this and I don't see any heading for "Trade" in the help section.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Have a great weekend!

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Unkas - 17.04.2010 01:24

Thanks you, 2u2. Ixonia is part of the World San Francisco, otherwise you would not be able to see the trade menu.

Well the letters in front of || show what are the original products of the country, and behind the || are all producs shown, which the countries is receiving by trade and producing itself.

So you need to find a stable state, which offers origin products, that you do not produce yourself and don't receive by trade. Vice versa, the other state should not yet own the products which you are producing originally.

Is it clear now?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Andresim - 28.04.2010 04:42

I have a question..

Why did i have a Trade agreement with other country in my world? that desition is automatic? Can we decide whit which states we want to make a Trade agreement?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 28.04.2010 05:53

Probably someone contracted a trade agreement with you.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Andresim - 28.04.2010 05:55

And if i dont want to join the Trade can i stop it?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 28.04.2010 06:56

Yes you can cancel the trade. Keep in mind that there is a kinda flaw in this case, the guy who contracted the trade agreements with you is going to have lost 2 action points (per agreement )... Sad
You have to establish these agreements in order to meet what you don't have, finished goods, resources, services etc. If your current agreement satisfies something your economy doesn't produce don't cancel it Wink

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Andresim - 28.04.2010 07:00

Thkax! now i understand!. a quesition more...

Who did i now which resourses my country produced?

And who i now who much action points i have, and how did i win it?

I'm a emmergin nation...

Sorry for all the questions ... :/

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 28.04.2010 12:11

In the world tab you can see a lot of details about your military and economic situation. Those initials like SV=services etc there you see what you produce and what you need, there is also a list of states which are shown what kind of trade they are engaged in.
To see how much action points you have, go to the regent tab and click action points, there you will see how much you have. The way you acquire action points is by increasing your influence over the winter. Keep in mind that the game sees -1 action points as 0, so if you are shown 1 action, you can enact an action that requires 2 action points, the minimal cost of an action is 2 action points.
You have to satisfy your commerce by having resources, semifinished goods, finished goods, luxury goods and services checked "yes". So don't contract a trade agreement with a country that produces the same thing as you; Wink

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Andresim - 28.04.2010 12:29

Ok, i get it, but i dont understand which Productes i dont produce.

This is mi table:

IV - Investment goods: no
DL - Services: no
LX - Luxury goods: no
RS - Ressources: no
FW - Finished goods: Yes
HW - Semi-finished products: Yes

Which one i need to export, IV, DL, LX And RS or FW, HW?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 28.04.2010 12:41

Well you need to contract trade agreements with those countries that supply the type of goods that you are missing.
Look for the one who produce RS, LX, DL and IV; Also choose the countries which are not supplied with FW and HW, you are going to fill that demand for that specific country.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Andresim - 28.04.2010 12:43

OH! thanks you! now i get it! (:

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 28.04.2010 12:44

Have fun Wink

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Zyme___ - 09.05.2010 19:38

If you have conquered another state, is it possible to unite both to one?

Or do you have to govern each differently all the time?

Also, is it possible to upgrade to another state class with enough development?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Horst Heesofer - 09.05.2010 20:04

Quote:
If you have conquered another state, is it possible to unite both to one?

Or do you have to govern each differently all the time?

You have to reign both of them.

Quote:
Also, is it possible to upgrade to another state class with enough development?

Nope

RE: Common Questions About the Game - samatkins - 12.05.2010 11:44

i've stared my state but can't do anything. Why?Kopfkratz

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Unkas - 12.05.2010 12:18

Did you solve tasks already or changed the budget under "details"?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Uradel - 17.05.2010 03:48

I started out being able to complete 2 tasks each quarter but now I can only do 1. Why is that and how can I go back to doing 2 tasks instead of 1?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Der Fuehrer - 13.07.2010 06:01

Ich spreche ein bisschen deutsch... Englisch bitte. Dankeschoen, Anyways, I was wondering how you send PM (private messages) to other leaders/nations in this game.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - renato vaz - 14.07.2010 01:47

Hi, i would like to increase my transfer rate, but i dont know how. Specificaly on the budget what can i change to increase my transfer rate?
By transfer rate i understand the distribution of incomes from rich to poor, rigth? A high transfer rate means i have a very low diference between the richest and the poorest?

thank you

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Rilan - 23.07.2010 04:09

I have a question. Is it possible to put your state in vacation mode? I'm leaving for 3 weeks.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 23.07.2010 04:13

Rilan Wrote:
I have a question. Is it possible to put your state in vacation mode? I'm leaving for 3 weeks.

It is, however it's no guarantee that your regent will remain alive after you've returned. Try speaking with an admin, they might have some more newer info on this subject.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - nathan333 - 24.10.2010 00:46

I was reading the description of my state and it said that i engaged in no trade. i was wondering how to trade with ppl

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Liese1300 - 24.10.2010 01:35

In the department "world" it is possible to start trading agreements.
Maybe you should read about that in the (unofficial) ARS-wiki:
http://arsregendi.wikia.com/wiki/Trade_agreements

RE: Common Questions About the Game - AngelOfLight - 30.10.2010 07:08

Is it possible to make any changes in my nation so that I can solve more tasks per quarter. I seem to run into trouble every winter when I have an extremely high priority task pending and cannot work on it even if I don't want to change the budget.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - louton01 - 09.12.2010 21:39

What's Regent mean? and what do you do?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Dead Sheppard - 26.12.2010 11:53

A regent, from the Latin regens "one who reigns", is a person selected to act as head of state (ruling or not) because the ruler is a minor, not present, or debilitated.~Got it from Wikipedia lol

I guess it means in this game how you rule. There's your ansewer!

RE: Common Questions About the Game - South Korean - 18.02.2011 06:17

Where is the portfolio located?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 18.02.2011 08:07

The portofolio is being worked upon...

RE: Common Questions About the Game - zenburg - 04.09.2011 17:34

So how do I check how much experience I have? And how does the experience system work? Is is "x experience per turn"?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - skybus - 04.02.2012 02:22

Samiott Wrote:
Help! I was out of town for a few days and now my state isn't active. It says "Exitus Assassination". Is there anyway to fix this?

haaa haa haaaaaaa. . . . . gawd. i sure hope this doesn't happen to me..... heee heee hee heee heeeee.
but anyhow.... ohh, nevermind...

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Nietzsche - 04.02.2012 19:03

skybus Wrote:

Samiott Wrote:

haaa haa haaaaaaa. . . . . gawd. i sure hope this doesn't happen to me..... heee heee hee heee heeeee.
but anyhow.... ohh, nevermind...

No, your state is gone. You have "lost the game", so to say.

You can however always create a new nation and try again. Smile Make sure to keep your tasks on low urgency by solving them frequently and you'll be fine!

Those questions are pretty old, but the answers might be helpful for everyone nevertheless...

zenburg Wrote:
So how do I check how much experience I have? And how does the experience system work? Is is "x experience per turn"?

You see your experience in the forum under your nickname or on your Dashboard (scroll down) under "Status".

No one really knows what gives you how much EXP, and it is mend to be like that. Normally, if you grow a successful nation, it gives you more EXP than having a bad nation. Smile

Rilan Wrote:

You can set yourself on vacation mode in your USER CP. This does not affect your state however. If you play a Classic Nation (not in a world) and you do not log in, your task urgency will not increase.
Thus, you might not get deselected. You'll of course miss the opportunity to adjust budget a few times, but your state should survive.
Note that visiting the forum most likely turns off your "vacation mode" and your tasks will become urgent.

But as long as you stay logged out, that wont happen!

nathan333 Wrote:
I was reading the description of my state and it said that i engaged in no trade. i was wondering how to trade with ppl

If you play a world-state, you can trade by clicking "World" and then use the dropdown list to look for a nation you wish to trade with, and initiate a trade agreement.

Note that this costs you two Action Points. Also, look which goods your nation already has and which it needs and look for other nations which can provide the stuff you need.

AngelOfLight Wrote:
Is it possible to make any changes in my nation so that I can solve more tasks per quarter. I seem to run into trouble every winter when I have an extremely high priority task pending and cannot work on it even if I don't want to change the budget.

Normally, you should be able to solve the six tasks you get every year in spring/summer/autumn. If you however miss two of those quarters because of inactivity or something and in one quarter you do a reform, your tasks will be urgent in winter and become dangerous.

Try doing tasks every day, except for winter or rarely when enforcing a reform. You'll be fine with that for sure.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - fashionever - 27.09.2012 14:59

In an overview of the state of your page, in the bottom of the page there is a change in status and delete status.CoolCool

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 12.10.2012 05:38

Where does it tell you how many action points you have?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 12.10.2012 09:14

ordgar64 Wrote:
Where does it tell you how many action points you have?

Select your state, then go to your regent tab and click special options.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 13.10.2012 04:23

What is the significance of the red or green dot next to the name of a country?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 13.10.2012 09:39

ordgar64 Wrote:
What is the significance of the red or green dot next to the name of a country?

Red means that the country is no long "alive", the regent either has died, has been deselected, or assassinated/deposed in a coup d'etat. The green dot means that the player/regent is still in power.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 14.10.2012 20:00

Helsworth thank you for answering each of my previous posts.

I have been messing with the portfolio section to see if I can figure out how it works. It seems like a neat idea to allow players to identify states that have potential and then bet on their future prospects. However, I ran across some things that I think are problem areas.

1) The rules say you must hold assets for 4 quarters but the system will allow you to sell them sooner than that.

2) By clicking reset portfolio you can get back to your original $100,000 just like that. No penalty for making poor decisions.

3) The values listed on a nation's overview page do not always match the values given under the details/economy tab. I tried to buy land from one state for ~$3 (quoted on the overview page) and was charged ~$17 (the value listed under the details/economy tab). Also, on the overview page, sometimes it shows a zero for items sold even though I purchased items from that nation.

4) Apparently, if a nation goes under all the values of its currency/land/stock goes all the way to zero. I guess this is fair enough but it seems a bit harsh. In real life, rarely does any such investment become absolutely worthless, even during a regime change.

5) The requirement of amassing $10 million before receiving any kind of reward seems rather steep. This represents a 10,000% increase over the original $100,000 balance. If I was that good, I would be on e-trade instead of this site. It seems to me that very few players even bother with the portfolio aspect of this game, and I wonder if this steep requirement doesn't discourage most of them.

Please correct me if I am misunderstanding something. Thank you for your time.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 14.10.2012 20:15

The portfolio is just a minigame, it doesn't impact states whatsoever. The reset option is there in case you've made bad decisions, or in case the regent delete's the state in which you bought stock, land or currency. During the game's computing times, the info might not appear up to date as the clicks change, but eventually they will. Usually, the fastest way to increase your portfolio value is to buy stocks, because they rise the fastest if the player knows how to run his state. A lot of players have trillions of dollars in their portfolio. To not get burned, try pming the player in which's states you have invested and tell them that that was you - and tell them to notify you before they implement certain reforms or resolve certain tasks that might harm the assets you've bought. I find that's most convenient to buy your own shares after you've made certain decision which lower the value of shares and then sell when you want - cause you're managing your state. For example, it's best to sell your stock before the guy implements anarchosyndicalism or planned economy ^^
A state that has "died" will have all of its currency, land and stock values set to 0. Thus, if you haven't sold before the regent of that state died or got ousted, your investment will be worth 0.
Hope I've helped you and have fun ruling over Fleurmania.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 14.10.2012 20:29

Helsworth thank you for your prompt response, you have been very helpful to me. If it is indeed true that some players have $trillions in their accounts then obviously the portfolio "game" can be beaten and if I want to play it I just need to figure it out. Thanks again for all your help.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ystradband - 14.10.2012 20:55

Having seen this, I have just invested a small part of my portfolio in the latest incarnation of Juni.

Is it safe to increase my initial investment?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 14.10.2012 21:22

@ordgar64
You are most welcome
@ystradband
Yes, it's safe - go ahead and buy

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 16.10.2012 05:19

I was wondering about the effects that decisions have on expenditures. I know that you can adjust expenditures by changing the budget yourself, but do they also change in regard to tasks and reforms? For instance, I responded to a task concerning violence by increasing the police presence. Does this mean that my PE justice increased automatically? Please don't ask me to look for myself, there are too many numbers to keep track of. Also, do the various PE's adjust themselves for inflation and other economic circumstances, or do they only change if you tell them to? And what about things like interest rates and money supply? Do they stay the same or can they change without being told?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ystradband - 16.10.2012 07:34

Quote:
I know that you can adjust expenditures by changing the budget yourself, but do they also change in regard to tasks and reforms?

Yes

Quote:
For instance, I responded to a task concerning violence by increasing the police presence. Does this mean that my PE justice increased automatically?

Yes, it does.

Quote:
Also, do the various PE's adjust themselves for inflation and other economic circumstances?

Yes

Quote:
And what about things like interest rates and money supply? Do they stay the same or can they change without being told?

Tasks and reforms can influence them. Interest rates can also vary based on external assessment of your economy.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 16.10.2012 07:50

The savings ratio changes on its own, with tasks, reforms and budget changes, so does the nominal interest - these things of course influence private consumption, gross investment et all, growth, inflation, et all. The MS does move on its own, but sometime you have to intervene to have it not trail the GDP. The GDP can grow faster and above the MS, but it can only do so for a time, after a certain point if the MS does not catch up - growth stagnates.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 16.10.2012 15:59

Thank you everyone for answering my questions. I hope I'm not too annoying but there is so much to figure out.

I would like someone to discuss the effects that interest rates have on the economy in general. It seems to me that lower is better in virtually all cases. However, are there negative ramifications from having you interest rates TOO low?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 16.10.2012 16:46

ordgar64 Wrote:
Thank you everyone for answering my questions. I hope I'm not too annoying but there is so much to figure out.

I would like someone to discuss the effects that interest rates have on the economy in general. It seems to me that lower is better in virtually all cases. However, are there negative ramifications from having you interest rates TOO low?

As long as you keep your MS in check, there is no real danger. However, once your currency goes bellow 0.5 and reaches 0,15 it usually stays that way, no matter what you do. Though by that time your savings ratio will be in the negative. When your currency gets heavily depreciated you'll receive a specific task for it. The USA template state has the less fear vis-a-vis inflation - you can pretty much print at will without worrying about inflation via currency depreciation. It also depends on how you govern your state. The saving ratio is what really matters though.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 16.10.2012 18:47

Helsworth let me make sure I understand what you're saying.

1) Lower IS better for interest rates in most cases.

2) When you say keep my MS in check you mean not let it get too large.

3) Low interest rates tend to depreciate the currency.

4) Low interest rates tend to depress the savings ratio.

I also have a question about joining an alliance. I put in an application for one, and then noticed that the alliance itself has initiated several reforms. If I join the alliance does that mean that those reforms will automatically apply in my own country? If so, I may consider withdrawing my application, as I am very uncertain of what effects enforcement of these various reforms might have.

Thank you.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 16.10.2012 20:57

You can have a decent savings ratio with 1% nominal interest. When I say keep MS in check, I mean that it should mirror GDP growth. You can have a really strong currency with 1% nominal interest. (In states like USA, Germany, not in states like Colombia, Turkey or India)
What really lowers the savings ratio is the huge increase of the money supply. The interest doesn't really impact it much. Inflation via currency depreciation via MS constant high manual increase has the strongest impact on savings ratio - because no body is encouraged to save when their currency is 0,15 Dollar/Euro (taking 0,16 dollars to buy 1 euro).
You should consider joining an alliance that does not promote reforms. There is an option to keep an alliance reform from being implemented in your country however that costs actions points - and they're better spent elsewhere, for example in reform propaganda and regimen. Don't be afraid to experiment different economic policies. Have fun.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 16.10.2012 22:44

Helsworth you say that I can use action points to block the implementation of an alliance reform, but I think by that you mean new ones. What about reforms that the alliance has already approved BEFORE I join? Do those reforms get implemented in my country? Heavens knows I don't have enough action points to block them all.

Also in our discussions you have attached a great deal of importance to the savings ratio. This is a statistic that I would not have suspected of having much consequence, but I will keep an eye on it now. Are there any other important statistics that in your experience novice players may tend to overlook?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Titian - 16.10.2012 22:59

ordgar64 Wrote:
Helsworth you say that I can use action points to block the implementation of an alliance reform, but I think by that you mean new ones. What about reforms that the alliance has already approved BEFORE I join? Do those reforms get implemented in my country? Heavens knows I don't have enough action points to block them all.

Also in our discussions you have attached a great deal of importance to the savings ratio. This is a statistic that I would not have suspected of having much consequence, but I will keep an eye on it now. Are there any other important statistics that in your experience novice players may tend to overlook?

Hi ordgar Smile

Past alliance reforms will NOT affect your state. That's the main reason for why you often see alliances implementing the same reforms over and over again. You will only be affected by the new ones.

I'd like to make a comment on your comment on Helsworth's comment about the saving ratio, but before that, let me ask you whether the '64' in your nick has any significance?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 16.10.2012 23:35

Hi Titian.

Just my birthyear. Ordgar was a pre-conquest English earl. I ran across him in some genealogies, turns out he's an ancestor of QE2, Winston Churchill, etc. Anyway I thought the name was cool and wanted it as a handle, but on one site someone beat me to it. So I added the '64'.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 17.10.2012 08:46

Low interest + stable currency + low capital tax = high gross investment
I'll give you a hint. In the bankruptcy task, if you pick the option of letting faltering private banks to deal with bankruptcy themselves, the effects of this option will cause a lowering of savings ratio and will dramatically increase private consumption. The negative income tax affects it, the flat tax affects it etc.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 17.10.2012 18:13

Is there any way to find a comprehensive list of states? I understand there must be thousands of them but is there any way to access them all?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 17.10.2012 18:33

There isn't. You can, however, look at the statistics tab and find states there.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ordgar64 - 17.10.2012 21:13

Helsworth you are probably getting sick of me by now.

When an alliance votes on a reform, does the measure require a majority of ALL the members of the alliance, or simply a majority of those members who bothered to vote?

If I choose to block a reform, is the timing critical? Do I have to block it in the very preceding quarter, or can I just click "block reform" at any time and it will stay active until a reform is passed? Or do I block the reform AFTER it has been passed?

Is it possible to belong to more than one alliance at a time?

Profound thanks for your patience.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 17.10.2012 21:46

ordgar64 Wrote:
Helsworth you are probably getting sick of me by now.

When an alliance votes on a reform, does the measure require a majority of ALL the members of the alliance, or simply a majority of those members who bothered to vote?

If I choose to block a reform, is the timing critical? Do I have to block it in the very preceding quarter, or can I just click "block reform" at any time and it will stay active until a reform is passed? Or do I block the reform AFTER it has been passed?

Is it possible to belong to more than one alliance at a time?

Profound thanks for your patience.

You just click "block the reform" and the next alliance reform coming your way will be negated. Each individual state can only be part of 1 alliance at a time. Free tick states cannot be members of alliances. Two tick states require alliances for two tick states and the same goes for 1 tick states. Depending on the alliance leader, he can choose a simple majority, or a three thirds majority for reforms to pass. There is no cvorm of participation, all that's required are the votes. So if there are 10 members in an alliance and a vote comes up and the system is 51% majority, 3 people can vote in the reform with a simple 2 vs 1. It's my pleasure to help out new players familiarize themselves with the game ^^
PS: I'm working on a fantasy novel that I hope to finish by the end of 2012, and that I hope to launch in the UK in 2013 with a little luck. I'm from Bucharest. I'll be needing people to do a word of mouth here and there - so, it's always nice to help out, cause you never know who might in turn help you Wink

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 06.11.2012 17:36

Calimera Wrote:
How long does it take to earn one action point, and how?

You earn one, when you've managed to increase your influence compared to the year before. The AP augmentation happens in summer, if I remember correctly. Also, note that 0 AP is in fact 1 ap. So, if you have 3 ap, it means you can use two actions which cost 2 actions points, and after that you'll be left with -1 ap. Then, as you earn more actions points, it goes, 0, 1, 2, 3, et all.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Rising Phoenix - 06.11.2012 20:29

Calimera Wrote:
How long does it take to earn one action point, and how?

¿Argentino? Yo tambien. Bienvenido al juego compatriota. Wink

But anyways, Helsworth already answered the question. Simply expanding on that: You increase influence by keeping the other variables (power, popularity, health, etc.) high. Note that influence tends to even itself out if one variable is too high and the other one is too low -- for example, you may have low influence if your power is very high but your popularity is lying dead in the ground.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - TheOtherONE - 17.12.2012 06:42

I have noted what appears to be a substantial inconsistency between the data on the comparative list and the economy III graph on my economy page on the variables of inflation and economy growth. The values for inflation and economy are noted below.

Inflation 0.02%
Economy growth 2.27%

The narrative list shows .02% inflation while the graph shows a 1% increase between the 16th and 17th quarter.

The narrative list shows 2.27% economic growth while the graph shows 1% "change" in economy (presumably a decrease in growth as the number is negative) between the 16th and 17th quarter.

These values do not seem to sync up which has me confused.

I am wondering if the difference is that the graph specifies changes per quarter and the narrative list does not? Though on top of the page it says quarter 18 soooo...I dunno. Kopfkratz

What time period does the narrative data reflect?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - ystradband - 17.12.2012 08:46

This graph only updates once every four quarters, so you're better off taking the figures posted each quarter as a general guide in this case.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - TheOtherONE - 21.12.2012 00:16

Thanks, ystradband.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - jamesgilfoyle - 21.12.2012 01:11

Regarding Budget charts; is there a reason why sometimes I can see Budget V chart but mostly cannot? It seems completely random. :S

RE: Common Questions About the Game - YacobiI - 28.12.2012 02:04

what does exactly conservative neoliberal party-democracy mean and can i change the goverment type of my country

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Titian - 28.12.2012 02:20

it means that your government represents and defends the traditional values of family, religion, virtue etc. whilst at the same time promoting and supporting a free-market or even a laizessfaire type of economy. Political participation is channeled through parties and you have to worry every couple of years about not becoming unemployed aftern being replaced by a wanna-be president.

Ways to change your current type of government:
- Use nationalization and taxation to steal as much from your folks as possible
- Destroy the churches and start indoctrinating the children with your state propaganda beginning with the point of birth, making sure that they will never touch any of these destructive and poisenous influences from their parents or some filthy priest. Make your people happier by abolishing the legal slavery present in the institution of marriage - your people want to be free and what freedom does you less harm than to keep them in bed all day all together?
- Who needs or like competition anyway? Save your hard-working voters a lot of cash by abolishing all rival parties. The election industry is meant to be a natural monopoly anyways

Hope this helps Smile

RE: Common Questions About the Game - YacobiI - 28.12.2012 17:15

lol kinda of offensive since im a christian Wink but thx Smile

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 28.12.2012 17:39

YacobiI Wrote:

You don't need religious institutions in order to follow and practice the teachings of Christ, or any other teachings of various beliefs. Don't give your money to the clergy, give it to hospitals, schools, welfare centers, science projects etc. And don't support government subsidies or corporate welfare for religious institutions and their financial transactions, as well as tax exemptions, whatever the religion. Also, apply the same standard for atheist organizations. No fiscal exemptions, no subsidies. That's what I say, and I don't believe in the bearded man in the sky that keeps score of mortals' deeds, nor do I believe in the big bang theory, or that man evolved from apes. ^^

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Titian - 28.12.2012 23:51

Helsworth Wrote:

YacobiI Wrote:

You don't need religious institutions in order to follow and practice the teachings of Christ, or any other teachings of various beliefs. Don't give your money to the clergy, give it to hospitals, schools, welfare centers, science projects etc. And don't support government subsidies or corporate welfare for religious institutions and their financial transactions, as well as tax exemptions, whatever the religion. Also, apply the same standard for atheist organizations. No fiscal exemptions, no subsidies. That's what I say, and I don't believe in the bearded man in the sky that keeps score of mortals' deeds, nor do I believe in the big bang theory, or that man evolved from apes. ^^

Don't mind Helsy Yacobi, he only wants to play and is usually a good boy. Look:

Hey Helsy, you wanna play fetch? You wanna?! You wanna?! That's a good boy! Look, these people don't like nuclear energy *throws link as far away as possible* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWVM0L6cCvk
Good boy! Hehe

Btw, why do you find these suggestions offensive? I am Christian as well (one of the thinking ones but still) and I don't see any problem with that. After all, you asked us how to change the description, i.e. the type of your government. The easiest way to get away from a nice, not-murdering government is to start bading and genociding, isn't it? I don't see why you want to do such things, but that's only a minor technicality.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 28.12.2012 23:57

Titian Wrote:

Hey Helsy, you wanna play fetch? You wanna?! You wanna?! That's a good boy! Look, these people don't like nuclear energy *throws link as far away as possible* https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cWVM0L6cCvk
Good boy! Hehe
want to do such things, but that's only a minor technicality.

CommanderMethos 5 months ago
"ill tell you what a bad idea is. cars." Daumenhoch

RE: Common Questions About the Game - sunsnarren - 29.12.2012 19:28

How do you create an alliance?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - YacobiI - 02.01.2013 22:41

Titian Wrote:

Helsworth Wrote:

YacobiI Wrote:

Good boy! Hehe

Btw, why do you find these suggestions offensive? I am Christian as well (one of the thinking ones but still) and I don't see any problem with that. After all, you asked us how to change the description, i.e. the type of your government. The easiest way to get away from a nice, not-murdering government is to start bading and genociding, isn't it? I don't see why you want to do such things, but that's only a minor technicality.

lol i was joking, see the winkies, and smilies, but i'm not here for that, i want to know if its possible to join worlds without paying anything?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Rising Phoenix - 02.01.2013 22:47

YacobiI Wrote:
lol i was joking, see the winkies, and smilies, but i'm not here for that, i want to know if its possible to join worlds without paying anything?

Indeed, it is.

Play a classic state until you have 5 experience points (really easy to achieve -- just remain active and run your state as you see fit). Then you can join a world for free.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - YacobiI - 02.01.2013 23:12

how long would it take? is there a way to earn experience points fast?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Rising Phoenix - 02.01.2013 23:21

YacobiI Wrote:
how long would it take? is there a way to earn experience points fast?

Relax. You will earn them in no time. Just try to do as best as you can with your classic state -- it is the best preparation for a world as it can get. Worlds are dangerous in that your state can be conquered, you have to use diplomacy, etc.

Classic states however offer you a lot more freedom.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - PredWilson - 03.01.2013 16:05

On the state overview, it says Visitors and has a value behind it. Is this the number of regents that have viewed your state or does this mean how many tourists have visited your state?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Titian - 03.01.2013 17:32

PredWilson Wrote:
On the state overview, it says Visitors and has a value behind it. Is this the number of regents that have viewed your state or does this mean how many tourists have visited your state?

It's a hidden gag by the creators of this game; 'visitors' in this case are actually 'aliens', i.e. visitors from space.
The more attention your nation creates internationally or by completing outstanding achievements, the more visitors you will attract.
These aliens can trigger certain tasks or random events or they can even have profound effects on the stats of you nation. E.g. they can spread or cure certain illnesses, but most of these implications are of a negative nature so do try to keep a low profile

RE: Common Questions About the Game - chima91 - 06.02.2013 01:19

I have upto 5 exp Point is there is there a way to join an existing world cause I don't want to create a new one

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Barbaron - 06.02.2013 10:09

Its written in the explanations:

"Each player can always play an one tick state for free. With 5 experience points or more this state can be a free one tick world state."
Create a new state
You already have two states, so you have to get rid of them.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - chima91 - 06.02.2013 14:48

Hw do I get rid of them?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - AXBENDER - 11.02.2013 01:19

cesium62 Wrote:
Okay, so I found this thread and got one of my questions answered. In the re-capitulation, where is says the game day starts at 3am, maybe the timezone should be specified? Presumably you mean GMT, but being redundant wouldn't hurt.

AXBENDER Wrote:

cesium62 Wrote:

excellent idea.
As well I can only read the OVERVIEW IN GERMAN. I need english?
still looking for some kind of game guide?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Sheep - 11.02.2013 16:00

Yup, in the Instruction section in the menu. If you are missing something, please tell us.

RE: Common Questions About the Game - YacobiI - 10.03.2013 19:35

How do you join a world?

RE: Common Questions About the Game - Helsworth - 10.03.2013 20:47

YacobiI Wrote:
How do you join a world?

To do that you must create a world state. Then you go to your dashboard. Click on the worlds tab and pick a world you fancy.