Questions?

Uggla6

Words count: 18,071
Group: Basic
Experience: 186
Glory Points: 90
Medals: 6

Questions?

i asked this question early this month but no reply so ill ask it again. altho it has improved my exports r extremely low. They raised 33% over the last quarter but r still at only $ 3 bill. i have about $68 bill in imports. how do i raise that # in the exports colom? any budget changes tasks of reform that will help?

Bragging time:
-Been in 3 of 4 most violent worlds (Kopenhagen, Denver, Tokoyo)
-Been in 6 top 10 allainces (World Denver, YAWA, Utopia, resistance, IWDAWH, and Security Council)
-Austragula......just look at it!(almost 9000 strength/positive budget) NO DESELECTION
- 3 Medals
05.11.2010 22:51
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Devi

Words count: 48,475
Experience: 160
Glory Points: 0
Medals: 0

RE: Questions?

I just had a quick look at your country, but here's what I came up with:

Your money supply is lower than your GDP. When the ratio gets too low after a period of strong economic growth - for example after introducing Negative Income Tax - you will experience a recession which eats up all or most of the prior growth. This seems to have happened several times.

You are running projects which you can't really afford. I guess you have spent some 70% of your GDP on military projects so far? You are currently spending an annual 5% of GDP on a project which means as soon as it is finished your economy will plummet into recession. Also this money could have been spent elsewhere.

Your infrastructure is a mess (10% - in the average state it's 26%) and the economy isn't much better. Your average economic growth is rather low and way lower than your inflation. You need to import a lot which your economy can't produce on its own (high tech, oil etc.) but you can't compete on the international market with your own products even though your currency is very weak. That's why nobody wants to invest in your local business. Maybe past task choises are responsible for this situation as well?

Well, that's just my first impression. Wink

I suppose when you improve your own economy, the import-export ratio will improve as well.

Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable. (John Kenneth Galbraith)
06.11.2010 13:42
Uggla6

Devi Wrote:
I just had a quick look at your country, but here's what I came up with:

Your money supply is lower than your GDP. When the ratio gets too low after a period of strong economic growth - for example after introducing Negative Income Tax - you will experience a recession which eats up all or most of the prior growth. This seems to have happened several times.

You are running projects which you can't really afford. I guess you have spent some 70% of your GDP on military projects so far? You are currently spending an annual 5% of GDP on a project which means as soon as it is finished your economy will plummet into recession. Also this money could have been spent elsewhere.

Your infrastructure is a mess (10% - in the average state it's 26%) and the economy isn't much better. Your average economic growth is rather low and way lower than your inflation. You need to import a lot which your economy can't produce on its own (high tech, oil etc.) but you can't compete on the international market with your own products even though your currency is very weak. That's why nobody wants to invest in your local business. Maybe past task choises are responsible for this situation as well?

Well, that's just my first impression. Wink

I suppose when you improve your own economy, the import-export ratio will improve as well.

well basicly i had nown most of wat u say here (mayb a few facts in btween) but my real question is how 2 fix it. my projects end in 2 quarters.

Bragging time:
-Been in 6 top 10 allainces (World Denver, YAWA, Utopia, resistance, IWDAWH, and Security Council)
-Austragula......just look at it!(almost 9000 strength/positive budget) NO DESELECTION
- 3 Medals
06.11.2010 22:16
Uggla6

2day is the last day with my project on i have 2 change the budget wat do i do?

Bragging time:
- 3 Medals
07.11.2010 04:09
Helsworth
Heathen

Words count: 1,597,451
Group: Super Moderators
Experience: 859
Glory Points: 260
Medals: 11

You increase welfare, pensions and increase PE administration and PE others. Also decrease the nominal interest and maybe increase the money supply, although it's a vicious circle. Your exports will only normalize from tasks, if you haven't done yet the afferent tasks...
In short there's not much to fix.

https://www.patreon.com/SerbanVCEnache
07.11.2010 07:14
Devi

@Uggla6
Helsworth is right. There's only so much you can do right now. AR favors long term strategies and punishes rushed action.
In general, I'd say that improving the infrastructure (PE others and admninistration) might benefit you most in the long term because you are starting at a low level. But don't take this as an advise to ignore the other PEs. ^^

Weltenbummler08 Wrote:
Ich hab das problem ich hab Krebheilung gestartet und ich dachte das passt sich meine verhälltnissen an. Admins wäre dsa möglich falls ich es nicht schaffe zu tragen das mein acc notfalls zurück gestellt werden kann? also erst so nach der nächsten Haushaltsänderung

Oje oje, die Projektkosten betragen 1/3 (!) deines BIP. Das ist tödlich. Krebsheilung können sich fast nur USA-Staaten und einige Deutschland-Staaten leisten und selbst die müssen mit einer Rezession rechnen, wenn das Projekt fertig ist. Alle anderen Staaten überschulden sich vollkommen.
Aber Sheep ist vielleicht so nett und setzt den Staat zurück.

PS: Sorry for the german post. ^^

Politics is not the art of the possible. It consists in choosing between the disastrous and the unpalatable. (John Kenneth Galbraith)

This post was last modified: 07.11.2010 12:02 by Devi.

07.11.2010 11:05
Uggla6

ty u all. the german post doesnt matter (except that i cant read it lol). i try all this advice n if it doesnt work im blaming all of u JK. ty all again
any examples of the tasks that could help me out so i can look 4 em. with the correct choice that will help my nation the most if possible

Bragging time:
- 3 Medals
07.11.2010 15:19
Weltenbummler08

Words count: 825
Experience: 118

okey i try to writte in English

07.11.2010 15:52
Devi

Uggla6 Wrote:
any examples of the tasks that could help me out so i can look 4 em. with the correct choice that will help my nation the most if possible

There are a few tasks that help you increase exports directly. One task (I don't remember the title though) gives you the possibility to cut taxes for exporting companies, for example. Personally, I never pick this option but it should definitely raise exports. ^^
In fact most tasks in the category "economy" should do fine. Just pick the options which either attract business or help you produce products which can actually compete on the market. Improving education and infrastructure is also a good way to benefit your economy in the long term.
I can see two tasks in your list which might help. "Sick pay" gives you the possibility to free greedy capitalists, er, honest businesmen ^^ of the duty to pay for sick employees. And "agricultural subsidies" might be of interest too.
Just keep in mind that pro-business decisions might harm your popularity in some cases and sometimes they are also rather expensive. Dunno what you regard more important. Noplan

07.11.2010 16:41
Uggla6

Devi Wrote:

Uggla6 Wrote:

There are a few tasks that help you increase exports directly. One task (I don't remember the title though) gives you the possibility to cut taxes for exporting companies, for example. Personally, I never pick this option but it should definitely raise exports. ^^
In fact most tasks in the category "economy" should do fine. Just pick the options which either attract business or help you produce products which can actually compete on the market. Improving education and infrastructure is also a good way to benefit your economy in the long term.
I can see two tasks in your list which might help. "Sick pay" gives you the possibility to free greedy capitalists, er, honest businesmen ^^ of the duty to pay for sick employees. And "agricultural subsidies" might be of interest too.
Just keep in mind that pro-business decisions might harm your popularity in some cases and sometimes they are also rather expensive. Dunno what you regard more important. Noplan

ty u very much. right now since elections r years away i will go 4 the pro business but towards election time if my popularity goes down i will go towards the humane way.

Bragging time:
- 3 Medals
07.11.2010 22:20
Pages (2): « First [1] 2 Next > Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions Sheep 15 60,873 20.04.2020 12:36
Last Post: MrProper
  Budget Questions Nasra Rayah 4 2,846 03.07.2017 12:40
Last Post: MrProper
  Few General Questions Spectre48 4 2,229 29.08.2016 15:25
Last Post: yangusbeef
  Questions about taxation and other things yangusbeef 3 3,103 08.01.2016 11:03
Last Post: Helsworth
  Noob Questions POTUSS 351 218,844 28.08.2015 18:37
Last Post: Ardar
  Questions about quarter changes(or is it daily?) dragonflare88 3 2,475 05.08.2015 00:33
  Questions... LaughyCloud 1 2,380 01.03.2014 10:04
  Multiple Game Related Questions CaiusFilimon 6 2,938 31.01.2014 17:33
Last Post: Rising Phoenix
At 3 Questions insidious0192 1 2,428 14.07.2013 10:37
Last Post: schari3
  Common Questions About the Game Sgt.Pepper 92 39,911 10.03.2013 20:47

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites